India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laxman provides stability lower down the order. Earlier our batting was finished when either Tendulkar or Ganguly got out as Yuvi and Dhoni were having shockers. Laxman has experience in batting with lower order so hes best at 6.

One should ask Laxman where he wants to bat. I doubt that he wants to bat at #6. In the last India tour of Australia when Ganguly was captain, Laxman batted at #5 before Ganguly.

In an ideal word, Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly would have all announced their retirement from one day cricket so that the selectors could look forward to the future without being under sort of pressure.

I agree. They all would be around 37 or so during the next world cup. There is no serious chance that all of them will be playing in the next World Cup. So there is no point in continuing to play ODIs and preventing the growth of younger players and them getting enough experience before the next world cup.

Last edited:
Sorry but it seems like you have been reading the Indian media a bit too much. Martyn nudged him away so they could take a photo, he didn't physically push him off the stage and besides that, is Pawar the most important man in the world suddenly? Did the Aussies have to include him in their celebration. Everyone talks about disrespect but why is Pawar more important than anyone else?
I said it can be a controversial topic. And it obviously it is because you picked up on that point, and debated it in this thread. I've said what I have to about that issue in the thread that was made for it and am not going to be pulled into another argument about it.

To be quite frank, I didn't see a word of intelligence in that entire argument from either side and was trying to ignore it.
That's your job as a moderator. However, in my opinion, posts like that deserve to be ridiculed because the sheer amount of garbage that they encompass.

In an ideal word, Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly would have all announced their retirement from one day cricket so that the selectors could look forward to the future without being under sort of pressure.

One among them has to remain in the team to make the transition smooth. Thats why the decision taken by the selectors to retain Tendulkar (even if it could also be taken as a decision to favor the Mumbai lobby!) is a very good one. Having Sachin gives a big psychological boost to the other team members.

it could be a bad move or a good one. not too sure but we will have to wait and see. i wanted y pathan to play.

. i wanted y pathan to play.

Are you mad? LOL.

That would seriously stuff Tiwary, Badrinath. Pathan has done nothing that could warrant him a place ahead of those two.

First ODI:
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Yuvraj Singh
4. Suresh Raina
5. Rohit Sharma
6. MS Dhoni (capt&wk)
7. Irfan Pathan
8. Praveen Kumar
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Piyush Chawla
11. RP Singh

Won't happen.

Sree will probably get in ahead of Kumar, and I don't see why Uthappa should be dropped, he can be very destructive down the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
it could be a bad move or a good one. not too sure but we will have to wait and see. i wanted y pathan to play.

yousuf pathan is on standby along with tiwary and munaf patel,so in case of injury the elder pathan might actually get to go.

That's strange since I haven't been exposed to the Indian media in about 3 weeks. I've been in the US for a while now and only read Cricinfo articles to catch up on the Cricinfo arguments. Do you see any problems with your argument? Or any problems with your brain?

You most likely lied to try to make a point to this person. Wouldn't surprise me if you did such a thing to try and prove a point. The person probably said something to you that you couldn't handle. Nice try. Calling people idiots, and saying there's something wrong with their brain makes you act like a child. The same pre pubescent people your are so intent on bagging.

I don't like the idea of Tendulkar opening in such an inexperienced team. He needs to be 3 or 4 in my opinion. Yes we need to look to the future but i would've preffered one more experienced player.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Uthappa
Dhoni
Pathan
Chawla/ Kumar (depending on pitch)
H. Singh
Ishant Sharma/ Sreesanth (is he injured for the first half?)
RP Singh

You most likely lied to try to make a point to this person. Wouldn't surprise me if you did such a thing to try and prove a point. The person probably said something to you that you couldn't handle. Nice try. Calling people idiots, and saying there's something wrong with their brain makes you act like a child. The same pre pubescent people your are so intent on bagging.

Right, and you show how much class you have by accusing someone of lying, instead of rationally responding to his underlying point. I know for a fact that he attends Rice University, which, incidentally, is a premier university in the US.

haha i want to see the team that slectors have picked agianst aussies there will be only one batsman who will perform that will be sachin others will be swinging there bats in the air like mad persons like dhoni i want india to losse the tri series its the worse team dravid and ganguly derserve places in odi. what has ganguly done wrong he is in good form and he always proved evryone wrong with comeback agian he is sacked it is dam politican ahrrrr and dhoni is the one who said he want a young team because he cant control ganguly and dravid they are much better captain and players he just want to be the boss hope the team fails in the first comeon aussies beat india really bad i want india to score less 100 in odi 1st match

Right, and you show how much class you have by accusing someone of lying, instead of rationally responding to his underlying point. I know for a fact that he attends Rice University, which, incidentally, is a premier university in the US.

Yes, Rice is a great school. I've visited the campus, it's nice.
Too bad it's in Red-Neck Texas :p

haha i want to see the team that slectors have picked agianst aussies there will be only one batsman who will perform that will be sachin others will be swinging there bats in the air like mad persons like dhoni i want india to losse the tri series its the worse team dravid and ganguly derserve places in odi. what has ganguly done wrong he is in good form and he always proved evryone wrong with comeback agian he is sacked it is dam politican ahrrrr and dhoni is the one who said he want a young team because he cant control ganguly and dravid they are much better captain and players he just want to be the boss hope the team fails in the first comeon aussies beat india really bad i want india to score less 100 in odi 1st match

Give them a bloody chance. India should have tried their Twenty20 team in the ODI series against Australia. India's ODI form has been pathetic in the last few series (we won against a toothless Pakistani attack but we lost to England in England, we lost to Australia in India, we had the 2007 World Cup debacle, etc). At the same time, our Twenty20 team won the World Cup. So that team needs to be given a go at the ODI level and see if they can replicate their efforts or get close to it in the ODI's. Its a young man's game and with other teams bringing on great fielders and athletic players, you got to keep up with the pace.

I want India to win the tri-series. We are capable of that with this team! Ganguly and Dravid's ODI days are over.

Even if I didnt like the team, I wont support the opposing team just because I didnt get the players in the team that I like. Shows how much you like Indian cricket.

Last edited:
i think india will win the 4th test as we have so much momentum, and we have sewag in the team now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread