India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They done the right thing :mad: and this time once again they doing the right thing :mad:
Give me a break. Kolkata has one of the most unsporting cricket crowds in the country. They obviously don't care about the sport. They call it passion, I call it juvenile behavior.

Kolkata fans ARE doing the RIGHT THING. Why the hell did the selectors drop Saurav???? For his poor fielding??? HAHAHA WE HAVE ALL SEEN HOW YUVRAJ SINGH FIELDED IN THE 2nd Test against Australia. The selectors are saying, "No no no, the youngstars we have selected were super performers of the RANJI TROPHY." If performance is what it matters, then why did players like Uthappa, R Sharma(Both averaging 20 something in Ranji Trophy) got selected???????? WHY DID THE SELECTORS DROP GANGULY?????? Even BCCI chief is surprised by this decision!!!!
The selectors dropping Ganguly is a completely independent issue from the behavior of many Kolkata cricket fans. This is not the only time they have disrupted cricket and/or civic sensibilities just because things aren't going their way. Cricket is not about Ganguly--except in Kolkata. I don't recall seeing Bangaloreans complaining all that much when Dravid was "rested" against Pakistan.

Last edited:
That's because Karthik sucks.
:p:p

(JK that was just too hard to resist.)

Personally I feel Dhoni is a better keeper now. He's really grown behind the stumps, and I think that as a keeper he has proven his worth to the team. Dhoni usually comes in to play pressure situations, so I would say that's a reason for his low scores. I think if he was promoted he might make bigger scores, but his place right now-to bat with the tail and get in those vital 20-30 runs is very good for the team when they wag the tail to inflate the total.

Oh, you're going to get it :mad::p.

Karthik is and will always be the better keeper. He's been doing it all his life, he's athletic, and he's quick behind the stumps. Sure, Dhoni has improved. But saying he is better witht he gloves then Karthik is not right.
Karthik is better technichally with the bat. You always knew that with the technique Dhoni possessed, he was not going to be a permanent run scorer for the Indian team. I fail to remember one big contribution he has made off late in the creams, apart from the 90-odd against England at lords.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Cricketman, I really like the stuff that Dhoni has been doing. He may not be getting the big scores, but he is guiding the team total well in hard times. his bare presence at the pitch makes you feel assured sometimes (the commentators are always yapping on about his flamboyance and things like that), you never know when he is going to notch up a level, absolutely love the guy.

I think he is a talisman to the team. I feel Karthik should be opening or in Yuvi's place, with Dravid opening.

I disagree.
Dhoni, as we've seen throughout 2007 through the World Cup and all, seems to have
A) Slowed down his pace that he scores his runs (the reason that he is partly in the team)

B) Is out consistently in a similar manner - caught behind the wicket with the short one or LBW to the one that swings in.

His figure doesn't seem reassuring at all, actually the opposite. When he gets bogged down, you see him trying to play a shot that shouldn't be played and getting out. The bowlers seem to know exactly where to bowl to get him, and he is distracted whilst batting (Deepika Padukone, anyone?)

He can't make runs outside the subcontinent and that's a fact, anyone who disagrees with me should look at the record books.

His figure doesn't seem reassuring at all, actually the opposite. When he gets bogged down, you see him trying to play a shot that shouldn't be played and getting out.

He can't make runs outside the subcontinent and that's a fact, anyone who disagrees with me should look at the record books.

Maybe I worded it wrong, I meant you always feel that he could come up with something special while at the crease, every single time he's there, obviously he is not the most technically gifted player, but he is a good player to have in your team. I don't, he's just got that swagger about him.

I believe that he can make runs outside the sub-continent, it just hasn't happened yet. :p

Average of 44.57 with a strike rate of 103.31 points to him being a fair bat in Africa.

Average of 44.57 with a strike rate of 103.31 points to him being a fair bat in Africa.

The last time we played there he was in decent form. Take him there today, he'll have a high score of 30 tops.

Mob, he hasn't made any "special" contribution in a while now. I too used to be a big fan of him after his 148 against Pakistan. But 2007 has shredded those feelings...
I find him to be more of a tail ender then anything. His form off late reminds me of an Adam Parore- specilist keeper who bats at 9. Kumble and Pathan have been making more contributions with the bat then he has, that too on dangerous Australian pitches against top notch bowlers.

Just off form, c'mon. A bit harsh on your part. He's definitely more than a tail ender. I'm hoping he plays a super innings soon and shuts you up. :p

Give me a break. Kolkata has one of the most unsporting cricket crowds in the country. They obviously don't care about the sport. They call it passion, I call it juvenile behavior.

The selectors dropping Ganguly is a completely independent issue from the behavior of many Kolkata cricket fans. This is not the only time they have disrupted cricket and/or civic sensibilities just because things aren't going their way. Cricket is not about Ganguly--except in Kolkata. I don't recall seeing Bangaloreans complaining all that much when Dravid was "rested" against Pakistan.

i agree,we didnt see the bangloreans or hyderbadis protest and even in kolkata i think it s few people giving the whole city a bad name.

What happened with the kolkatta fans. Dhoni is not in the greatest form at the momment but his keeping is v good at the moment. Kartik is unlucky to be not playing after 1 poor series

That was for ganguly am i correct. Back in india they do go over the top at times

That was for ganguly am i correct. Back in india they do go over the top at times

its so ridiculous,it usually some handful of jobless people who do these things and somehow the media always seems to be present.anyway just a little more than 24 hrs to go for the 4th test.This would be my 11:

1.sehwag
2.dravid
3.laxman
4.sachin
5.ganguly
6.dhoni
7.pathan
8.kumble
9,harbhajan
10.rp singh
11.ishant sharma

I see what they do and its over the top. I think they might open with pathan. Hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread