India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a negative approach to a game where they have nothing to lose.

India have nothing to lose? How come?

Why are you Australians so adamant that Australia have won the series because they retained the Border-Gavaskar trophy. They have retained the right to have the trophy in Australia, thats all. This is a "3 mobile test series" and Australia have not won the series yet. Since Australia won the Border-Gavaskar trophy in India in 2004, they have been having the trophy with them. If this series is drawn (2-2), there wont be a winner and so the dilemma of who possesses the trophy is solved by allowing the person who originally possessed the trophy to retain it again. This is how Australia have retained the trophy. But the series is still open.

He's made 90 odd before opening the batting for Pakistan.

Which Pathan r u talking abt? Irfan Pathan hasnt played for Pakistan:p

Last edited:
Maybe you could fool teams 3 years ago with Irfan Pathan, but surely they all know who he is by now.

Adelaide pitch looks good, early moisture might add to the variety of effects that this ground runs through. A little swing and seam in the first session, great batting in the second and third, with a growing chance of reverse swing.

Lather, rinse and repeat, until uneven bounce creeps in late and the footholes become enormous.

Interesting line-up from India. The XI I expected but not the order I expected them in. As expected for Australia Tait was dropped like a hot potato for Brad Hogg. I hope the Indians get off to a good start as this could set up a perfect finisher for a series that has had everything.

He's made 90 odd before opening the batting for Pakistan.

that was at 7.

He got 93 opening against Sri Lanka... but he was a night watchman because in the first innings he batted at 8.

Hes only played in the top 5 four times before. Hes a night watchman.

India have nothing to lose? How come?

Why are you Australians so adamant that Australia have won the series because they retained the Border-Gavaskar trophy. They have retained the right to have the trophy in Australia, thats all. This is a "3 mobile test series" and Australia have not won the series yet. Since Australia won the Border-Gavaskar trophy in India in 2004, they have been having the trophy with them. If this series is drawn (2-2), there wont be a winner and so the dilemma of who possesses the trophy is solved by allowing the person who originally possessed the trophy to retain it again. This is how Australia have retained the trophy. But the series is still open.

Which Pathan r u talking abt? Irfan Pathan hasnt played for Pakistan:p

I meant against Pakistan. But i was wrong, it was against Sri Lanka.

that was at 7.

He got 93 opening against Sri Lanka... but he was a night watchman because in the first innings he batted at 8.

Hes only played in the top 5 four times before. Hes a night watchman.

A nightwatchman who plays like a regular batsman

Mitchell Johnson is hopeless. Im just saying this now so we all know.

Its a negative approach opening with a lower order batsmen.

Gillespie got a 200 as night watchman, so did we go "Oooo he would make a great opener"

No.
Because we actually have openers unlike India:p

Last edited:
RI-F'IN-DICULUOS are you kidding me pathan opening what are the other indian players scared of brett lee and his 5 ounce cherry?

RI-F'IN-DICULUOS are you kidding me pathan opening what are the other indian players scared of brett lee and his 5 ounce cherry?

Its Kumble's decision. Why bring the batters into it?

Its 19/0 right now in 3.1 overs and I am not seeing anything that says Pathan should not have opened

Pathan averages better than Daren Ganga. He's made runs at the top of the order, could be a good gamble.

Its Kumble's decision. Why bring the batters into it?

Its 19/0 right now in 3.1 overs and I am not seeing anything that says Pathan should not have opened

i know BUT remember what happened last time the kid concentrated on batting a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread