India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
only saw it live and didnt see any replays coz i had to go out.

But was the tendulkar sweep attempt where bowler an gilly appealed was there a reply to show if it should have been out eg hit gloves or bat.
Nope. Didn't seem like he hit it to me from the replays. He seemed disappointed that he couldn't get it away for four.

Here's a useless stat. If Tendulkar gets to this double-ton, his career average will rise to 56. If he remains unbeaten, he only needs to get to 144.

well another good day of test cricket. i have read places where people are saying india are in a good situation. yes they have runs on the board and last match they were in a similar place but better in this test. however i heard that the average first innings score of recent times (i think) is 460. in that case india still got a bit of a way to go. i think it is equally poised and india slightly ahead. hopefully tomorrow this time india will be in control.

This series has had a lot of good quality cricket and close sessions. Today seems pretty even if you ask me. Neither side has really dictated the day, both sides have done so in pieces. Of course, India with a good amount of runs on the board are in a good position, however the new ball has just been taken and Australia could very easily change that. I reckon today will be another great day.

On the over-rate problem, Ponting needs match banning. 2 games in a row. I don't appreciate watching an extra half an hour of mucking around and STILL not seeing the 90 overs I should have.

Ponting's bowling rotations have also been bad. Clark only bowled 16 overs. Clarke bowling 5 overs was absurd. I can understand trying him for one or two, but 5 is too many, and he got slaughtered. Hogg has been a little disappointing, but at the same time, he has been unlucky. Could have had Tendulkar early a few times.

India could've finshed 1-2 wkts less. Sehwag's was probably a no-ball & Ganguly got a decision which woul've gone 95-10 in favour of batsman.LOL.

Shutup. Everyone is over this rubbish, Australia had some bad ones against them last test too.

Grow up, it's a game of cricket, not a game of spot all the umpiring errors and make lots of 'what ifs'.

Shutup. Everyone is over this rubbish, Australia had some bad ones against them last test too.

Grow up, it's a game of cricket, not a game of spot all the umpiring errors and make lots of 'what ifs'.

Thats what I said too.

Hoping for a great day's play with good fight between both sides

Great start from India, but just at the wrong time, Dhoni gets out!! Damn!!!

Dhoni started off positively today, and even that shot which he played to Symonds could have gone for a six with a bit more power (it showed that he was not in any form coz when in form, it would have gone way into the stands)! Kumble and Harbhajan have a big job on their hands if India has to reach 400+. I was very happy with the run flow today but that wicket brought everything back down

Edit: why is sachin batting like this? he is batting too aggressively here! with kumble in there, i feel he has to assume better responsibility. he had two shots where he could have been out.

Last edited:
Tendulkar goes. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being back in the pavilion after that injury.

A legendary innings by the legend. Superb knock!

Absolute nonsense! Absolutely shocking from a legendary player who has been playing for 19 years and has achieved so much. It was very clear that Tendulkar was trying to attack Lee and could have got out to 4-5 balls that Lee bowled in this spell

With Kumble on the other end and with Harbhajan and the fast bowlers to come, that was a pathetic shot and that was a pathetic period of batting from Sachin. I am absolutely gutted with that display from him in the last few minutes

That wicket has tilted this match heavily in favor of Australia. 450+ now looks a dream

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense! Absolutely shocking from a legendary player who has been playing for 19 years and has achieved so much. It was very clear that Tendulkar was trying to attack Lee and could have got out to 4-5 balls that Lee bowled in this spell

With Kumble on the other end and with Harbhajan and the fast bowlers to come, that was a pathetic shot and that was a pathetic period of batting from Sachin. I am absolutely gutted with that display from him in the last few minutes

Oh shut up. He just made 150! He's allowed to attack!

Oh shut up. He just made 150! He's allowed to attack!

Even though Dhoni got out and Kumble came in, Sachin didnt change his approach at all and kept attacking. I felt with Kumble and the tail to follow, Sachin could have adopted a more stable approach

My reaction above was just a spur of that moment. The anger will come down, and I will soon get down to throwing all my praises on that wonderful knock. But this is now pressure on india and it was totally not needed. We could seriously be bowled out below 400 which is horrible on this wicket (the likes of kumble are getting well on the front foot and thumping the ball to the ropes which shows how good this wicket is)

I s'pose that if we can hit the par target of 400 that'd be great. An additional 50-100 runs is great!

I s'pose that if we can hit the par target of 400 that'd be great. An additional 50-100 runs is great!

I hope we can hit 400 without losing any more wicket. Would feel better then! right now, its so much pressure coz the total we have now is not at all enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread