India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 sitters today.

Your Indian commentators are idiots. He just called Mitchell Johnson "Stuart Mitchell"... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ian Healy is annoying as hell. His Aussie bias just seeps out of his pores.

Your Indian commentators are idiots. He just called Mitchell Johnson "Stuart Mitchell"... :rolleyes:
Uhhh... a Channel 9 commentator called him Stuart Johnson the other day.

Last edited:

Uhhh... a Channel 9 commentator called him Stuart Johnson the other day.
Heals is a tosser indeed. Worse commentator ever perhaps.

Sean, now tell me Gilly's time is not nearly up...

"5 wickets today has been great for Australia.... 300 has been OK for India"

This was what Healy said... Among the Channel Nine commentators, Mark Taylor and Tony Greig seem like neutrals (they dont support india but are neutral). Healy is open in his Australian bias. Ian Chappell is very clever in hiding his bias for Australia (he is after all well experienced in this job).

"5 wickets today has been great for Australia.... 300 has been OK for India"

This was what Healy said... Among the Channel Nine commentators, Mark Taylor and Tony Greig seem like neutrals (they dont support india but are neutral). Healy is open in his Australian bias. Ian Chappell is very clever in hiding his bias for Australia (he is after all well experienced in this job).
I don't think Chappell is just biased. Chappell just has a very high opinion of himself.

And what really got to me is Ian Healy claiming that Mitchell Johnson bowled a beautiful ball when he bowled full and wide outside off-stump--batsman probably couldn't have reached it with a bat extension.

Thats just rubbish. As great a player he has been, to have him playing a World Cup, aged 38, is just a sign of desperation.

Did Sanath not play the 2007 WC when he was aged 38 ? He still plays ODI cricket.

Good day's play. Even match, I'd say. And one final comment: Australia bowled 6 overs in the extra 30 minutes--an over rate of 12 an hour. This is bordering on repeated offenses from Ponting, without showing any sort of inclination to change things.

I don't think Chappell is just biased. Chappell just has a very high opinion of himself.

Most of times Ian Chappel is telling stories about past and putting viewers to sleep. And Wasim Akram always call Michell Jhinson Stuart. Hes looking for combination between Stuart Clark and Jhonson i think.

:clap:clap:clap Well played Tendulkar :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Okay, he may be dropping catches more frequently these days, but I will always support him.

Die hard fans stick with players in thcik and thin. Way to go.

Last edited:
Another very high quality cricket between these two teams. The way the day has done, I would say the honours have been shared. As the commentators said, its evenly poised and lets hope we have a even more fantastic second day and remaining days in prospect!

Dhoni is lucky to be there. He has to, HAS TO, HAS TO, score well tomorrow and Tendulkar should look to build on this total and take india towards a good one. Kumble and Harbhajan can wield their bats pretty decently, and RP and Ishant too got some runs in Sydney where it was a batting wicket too. Had Dravid and Ganguly stayed in for some more time, India could have been in a really really strong position. Both of them are probably disappointed with their ODI exclusion.

Die hard fans stick with players in thcik and thin. Way to go.

And if ur a fan of Gilchrist, there is no way you can give up :thumbs

Good day's play. Even match, I'd say. And one final comment: Australia bowled 6 overs in the extra 30 minutes--an over rate of 12 an hour. This is bordering on repeated offenses from Ponting, without showing any sort of inclination to change things.

Their over rate is very poor. Ponting cant improve much coz the only way he can improve the over rate is by bowling his spinners, and with india being harsh on them, thats really tough for him.

Last edited:
Adelaide is a tough ground to bowl on throughout the first 3 days. India would probably have wanted to be 350 at stumps and 3 or 4 wickets down, because this is a ground on which 400 is only about a par score. Although it is not a bad position, 5/309 is definitely a slightly better result for Australia than for India.

Ian Healy is definitely banal and biased. But I rather enjoy the analysis of Ian Chappell, as he is very experienced and his commentary is way better and more interesting than Healy, Taylor and Slater. (Despite being biased)

Maybe?? I am pretty sure that is the main reason. And I dont agree having these double standards for Sachin just because he is Sachin. If we are looking to the future, then by no means, should Sachin at 34, be considered.

It is not a case of double standards. Although Ganguly scored 1200 ODI runs last year, his runs came at a slow S.R of 73.
Tendulkar scored more runs than Ganguly at a S.R of 85, in addition to being an above-average/safe fielder who has a good throwing arm.

Ganguly`s inability to rotate the strike and score at a decent pace has cost us a few ODIs last year.
The game at Nagpur comes to mind where he scratched around for 78 and killed the momentum that Tendulkar had generated.
Ganguly and Dravid were the two who had to be left out.

Iam with the selectors for once. They`re easing the youngsters into the ODI side now. I think our ODI side will do reasonably well in tis CB Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread