India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For your kind information, he is not still the best batsman in international cricket today :rolleyes:

He is still `one of the` best batsmen in World Cricket.
That in itself is quite an achievement because the cricket pundits were calling for him to quit the game gracefully after the World Cup last year.

Sizzling bouncer from Lee to get rid of Laxman. Dhoni not coming in at a good time. He will play defensively and Tendulkar is unlikely to open up.

Oh no! Laxman falls for a similar type of delivery that he got at Melbourne, from Brett Lee. India back in trouble now, more so with Dhoni coming in!

I was having hopes of 400. Now looks like 350+ would be a bonus.

He is still `one of the` best batsmen in World Cricket.
That in itself is quite an achievement because the cricket pundits were calling for him to quit the game gracefully after the World Cup last year.

Yes, No doubt he is one of the best batsman in the world but not the BEST of all

Laxman gone after his half-century .

The cricket's not on over here now and I missed the Laxman wicket! Should've been gone way before that though.

Last edited:
Tendulkar Made His 39th Century And To be Recorded As The 150th Test Century Ever-Made In "Adelaide Oval".

Congrats LI'L MASTHA!!!!.:D.:).:cheers.:D.
Now THAT is a useless statistic! Well played by Sachin though!

Meanwhile, congratulations to the greatest cricket scores site on the web once again, cricket.com.au:
# 2008-01-24 18:03
WICKET - Australia's bowler of the series Lee finally strikes, Laxman avoids a short one rather than trying to pull and gloves a catch behind, end a good knock of 51, INDIA 5/282

Meanwhile the scorecard leaves Laxman not out on 53, with Tendulkar out.

Last edited:
i agree,we didnt see the bangloreans or hyderbadis protest and even in kolkata i think it s few people giving the whole city a bad name.

Although I by no means support all those acts, but in this case the Kolkatans have reason to be more annoyed than the Bangaloreans and Hyderabadis because neither Dravid nor Laxman had a particularly good year in ODIs. Infact Laxman wasnt even in the team. Ganguly, on the other hand, was one of the top five run-getters in the last year.

None of this would have happened, if Tendulkar was also dropped. Why the special treatment for him? He isnt a great fielder either (for all those who seriously think that fielding was the main reason)

Oh no! Laxman falls for a similar type of delivery that he got at Melbourne, from Brett Lee. India back in trouble now, more so with Dhoni coming in!

I was having hopes of 400. Now looks like 350+ would be a bonus.

On this wicket 350+ is not going to be enough. India have to get atleast 450.

Last edited:
Although I by no means support all those acts, but in this case the Kolkatans have reason to be more annoyed than the Bangaloreans and Hyderabadis because neither Dravid nor Laxman had a particularly good year in ODIs. Infact Laxman wasnt even in the team. Ganguly, on the other hand, was one of the top five run-getters in the last year.

None of this would have happened, if Tendulkar was also dropped. Why the special treatment for him? He isnt a great fielder either (for all those who seriously think that fielding was the main reason)

Tendulkar is a reliable fielder, and is a safe guy. You cant say that about Ganguly who sometimes makes it look very silly on the field. I feel Sachin should be kept because he brings with him the psychological boost for the team and he is safe in fielding, and has been in tremendous form with the bat too (may be the mumbai lobby has also helped him).

Why the special treatment for him? He isnt a great fielder either (for all those who seriously think that fielding was the main reason)

Hes Sachin thats why. When hes in form of his life after his tennis elbow you dont drop Tendulkar. Hes not bad in field either. Still has best arms in world cricket and is quick on field as well. What made you think hes a slouch like Ganguly.

I didnt say 350+ would be enough. According to the current situation, anything over 350 would look OK to us

Im expecting another 100 runs from Sachin. We will be bowled out by lunch tomorrow with 425 runs.

I don't know if it is about fielding, but Tendulkar is a much better fielder than Ganguly, not to mention that he also has a very strong arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread