India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tendulkar is a reliable fielder, and is a safe guy. You cant say that about Ganguly who sometimes makes it look very silly on the field. I feel Sachin should be kept because he brings with him the psychological boost for the team and he is safe in fielding, and has been in tremendous form with the bat too (may be the mumbai lobby has also helped him).

Maybe?? I am pretty sure that is the main reason. And I dont agree having these double standards for Sachin just because he is Sachin. If we are looking to the future, then by no means, should Sachin at 34, be considered.

Maybe?? I am pretty sure that is the main reason. And I dont agree having these double standards for Sachin just because he is Sachin. If we are looking to the future, then by no means, should Sachin at 34, be considered.

He can easliy play next world cup. Remember hes best batsmen there has been in ODIs. No one comes near him there.

True. But Sachin is a far better ODI player than Ganguly.

Ponting of course showing no regard for the rules by bringing Johnson on to bowl alongside Lee.

Tendulkar looks tired. His stance looks far different now.

Last edited:
Thats just rubbish. As great a player he has been, to have him playing a World Cup, aged 38, is just a sign of desperation.

Why would that be. Hes still scoring big in ODIs. Wait till ODI series start.

No outsider can gage the sentiments involved with Tendilkar in India.

Scheduled close of play and Australia's over rate is 13.2 overs per hour. Not bad, I suppose, but they won't be able to bowl all 90 overs as required.

Scheduled close of play and Australia's over rate is 13.2 overs per hour. Not bad, I suppose, but they won't be able to bowl all 90 overs as required.

Well if you change umpires with rules in your avatar the answer is there. :p

Are u joking :p Many players can come line by line . Ponting is the first guy

Yeah and Brad Hogg is best bowler world has ever seen. :p

Last edited:
Thats just rubbish. As great a player he has been, to have him playing a World Cup, aged 38, is just a sign of desperation.

Yes like Australia playing a team whom have an average age of over 30 i guess is a sign of desperation as well. If he is still churning out runs why would you drop him. And dont compare Tendulkar and Gangulys form, Tendulkar has been way better in the last 6 months while Ganguly has an average of 25 in the last 11 ODI's.

WTF ?? Hayden dropped a catch :mad: what the hell is going on :cutit

Aussie fan - Had Hayden been there he would have caught the catch which Symonds and Clarke dropped at first slip

Indian fan - Well Hayden did it just now

Tendulkar is a reliable fielder, and is a safe guy. You cant say that about Ganguly who sometimes makes it look very silly on the field. I feel Sachin should be kept because he brings with him the psychological boost for the team and he is safe in fielding, and has been in tremendous form with the bat too (may be the mumbai lobby has also helped him).
Additionally, Tendulkar is a much faster scorer. Ganguly's athleticism doesn't only affect his fielding, it affects the number of ones and twos he can take. In the modern ODI game, striking at about 70 is passable for a struggling team, but is not enough for the stronger teams, which you'd have to say India should be.

Simon Katich is a prime example of this, scoring 1156 runs as an ODI opener, but his heavily criticised scoring rate eventually saw him axed. Boeta Dippenaar is an even better example, as he averages 47 as an opener and 42 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread