India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbhajan and Kumble looked Clark/Johnson-esque, both combos have picked up handy tail contributions. We need a solid opening contribution to lay the foundation here, but for what it's worth I'm tipping a draw. Only started batting in the final session of day 2, unless we collapse a result is unlikely.

Nothing for the seamers off the new ball. Its so good for batting. I guess Kumble and Harbhajan should come earlier to look if their tricks work.

Want to see Harbhajan now. I guess our faster bowlers can come when the ball is really old, trying for reverse swing

As I say this, Bhajji comes in! Good move!

Adelaide always plays like this and yet there has only been 1 draw in the last 16 Tests. The pitch typically becomes just difficult enough late in the game.

Adelaide always plays like this and yet there has only been 1 draw in the last 16 Tests. The pitch typically becomes just difficult enough late in the game.

Then howcome the fourth innings are outscoring third innings?

Yeah..

I feel India need to bowl really well tomorrow and get a lead of 100 runs or so. That could help them even if they suffer a collapse in the second innings, thereby setting Australia a good enough total.

Shutup. Everyone is over this rubbish, Australia had some bad ones against them last test too.

Grow up, it's a game of cricket, not a game of spot all the umpiring errors and make lots of 'what ifs'.
He's not complaining at all--you're just looking for a fight. In fact, everything in his post is a fact. He said India "could have" done better--which is probabilistic and unless you claim perfect probability, it's true. Sehwag may have been out off a no-ball--that's also true. I didn't see him say, "Oh my god, the umpires have been so crap, India would have been 350/2", which would justify this sort of response from you. I'm out of neg-reps at the moment, as well.

Ishant looks so much solid at the crease. Got to see how he fared with the bat in domestic cricket? He looks like a lower order batsman than a tail ender
Ishant had 15 first class runs coming into this series.

In business we call it conservative law.
In life we call it pessimism. :p

On the match, Hayden looked solid as ever and Jaques is just lapping up his solidity. Hayden makes such a difference it's not even funny. The ball was swinging early and a little poke from Chris Rogers may have set the innings tumbling again.

Good start for the Aussies. They'll want to get up to at least 400ish tomorrow and the pitch looks like it'll suit them. This one looks like it may rely on a second-innings collapse to result in a positive result so both sides would be looking for a lead--as small as it may be--to take advantage.

Last edited:
Then howcome the fourth innings are outscoring third innings?
It's not unplayable, but the ball starts keeping low on enough deliveries that you get more wickets, not necessarily a lot, but enough that the game plays out on the fifth day. I guess you might say it sometimes affects the third innings more because the batsmen don't know exactly when the ball is going to start playing unevenly or when the footholes are going to really rip, whereas in the fourth innings, players are well aware.

It's not unplayable, but the ball starts keeping low on enough deliveries that you get more wickets, not necessarily a lot, but enough that the game plays out on the fifth day. I guess you might say it sometimes affects the third innings more because the batsmen don't know exactly when the ball is going to start playing unevenly or when the footholes are going to really rip, whereas in the fourth innings, players are well aware.

There wont be any Warne bowling in third innings. And low bounce is last thing that will trouble India.

Bhajji and Hayden hold the Key tomorrow. If Hayden bats abd bats he will nullify the spinners advantage India has but if he gets out (any way...even run out backing up) Indian spinners can dislodge the Australian middle order which has looked vulnerable throughout the series.

Maybe because Australia is chasing? ;)

Lat time India played here Australia were bowled out for 196 in thhird innings and India chasing were 233-6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread