India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Kumble and Harbhajan were simply excellent today. I think tomorrow's target should be to restrict the ausssies in a score which is less than 350.

I'd go with Pathan, Zaheer, and Sree.
RP hasn't done well on tracks/conditions without help.

Ideally, drop Harbajan and play all of them, or drop Dhoni and play all of them.
play players as per the conditions in each match.

Great batting from Bhajji annd Jumbo! :)

But I have a horrible feeling that this match will be a draw :(

Great batting from Bhajji annd Jumbo! :)

But I have a horrible feeling that this match will be a draw :(

No. I think the 2nd innings could still decide the result of this match. This is a typical Adelaide wicket. May be we could have benefitted had we lost the toss.

Thats why I was saying we need close to 550 or even more. Time is not going to be an issue becoz the 2nd innings is expected to be a lot tougher. Ian Chappell wanted us to declare at 400+. What is he thinking now seeing Australia at 62/0?

I am optimistic of our spinners doing well, seeing the way they troubled the batsmen in the ending stages of Day 2. Kumble and Harbhajan both beat Hayden and Jaques repeatedly. I would also employ Sehwag today and try to spin out the Aussies. And for the reverse swing, I would use Ishant and Pathan. So I wont be hurt at all at the absence of RP Singh (reports are he wont take further part in this match, it seems).

Having just seen the highlights, how on earth did Kumble and Harbhajan survived for so long? The Aussies were very out of sorts, lots of drops.

Having just seen the highlights, how on earth did Kumble and Harbhajan survived for so long? The Aussies were very out of sorts, lots of drops.
Yeah, frustrating. I don't think Ponting used his bowlers effectively yesterday and even though Lee bowled a lot of overs - he should have been bowling to Kumble/Harbajhan more later in the day.

So far, the scoring has been as sedate as it was last evening. Got to pick up a wicket soon and get into Ricky Ponting (Bhajji and Sharma operating against him together will be classic).

India not bowling too much to make the Aussies play. I feel we should look for wickets rather than go through the motions waiting for Australia to make the mistake.

I have a feeling today will be Australia's day. Hopefully the Indians can pull something cool off on Indian Republic Day.

i have a feeling that it might be austalias day . hope not but i think it might very well be. india do not look like getting a wicket

Australia will definitely get a lead here, the way they are batting. Nothing available for the Indian bowlers, and our bowlers get frustrated far more than Australia's bowlers and stray in their lines. We should have got 600 on this wicket. Damn!

Hope we can pluck some wickets soon. Any lead of less than 50 will be very tough coz we could collapse in the 2nd innings considering the history of the pitch and this ground.

Australia will definitely get a lead here, the way they are batting. Nothing available for the Indian bowlers, and our bowlers get frustrated far more than Australia's bowlers and stray in their lines. We should have got 600 on this wicket. Damn!

Hope we can pluck some wickets soon. Any lead of less than 50 will be very tough coz we could collapse in the 2nd innings considering the history of the pitch and this ground.

Like it really matters. You still have to bowl us out twice here and like it would've helped if you batted out yesterday.

Like it really matters. You still have to bowl us out twice here and like it would've helped if you batted out yesterday.
Yeah, but consider Tendulkar and Sehwag's aggressive innings. The team could have scored 600 at just 0.6 more runs per over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread