India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might not have performed in Test but ODI is diffrent. Indian batting does not exite me even a bit. Tendulkar opening is likely to get 3-4 failures and that leaves nothing as backup. Our most success in ODI has come on back of strong batting by Yuvi and Dhoni. Frankly i dont see Dhoni making much here and Yuvi, well hes injured and even if he recovers will find hard to regain touch he had last year. Sri Lanka has got Malinga, Maharoof, Fernando and Vaas for fast bowling. I dont see anything wrong with that combination.

I think SL have a good side on paper but when it comes to this series SL aren't coming in with a lot of confidence considering the hammering they got in Australia. And India's confidence is sky high and mix that with youth looking to make a mark there's every chance we reach the finals. I'm not saying SL are gonna be rolled over easily as they're a professional side looking to push revenge but right now their form in Australia isn't brilliant and considering the importance of Murali in the team and his average record in Australia allows India a great chance... I watched the SL tour here and their body language at the end was pitiful. Something special is needed to bounce em back.

Lol i'm prolly the only bengali to think that Ganguly was rightly dropped. Looked what happened to him now. Had he remained in the side his average would've dropped below 35.

Last edited:
There wont be any Warne bowling in third innings. And low bounce is last thing that will trouble India.
I can guarantee you that even Sachin Tendulkar hates uneven bounce. Accurate bowling is all that is required to take advantage of any pitch inconsistency.

I think Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh have found a bit of assistance on that pitch. However, it's a slow wicket and will take a lot of effort to get set batsmen out.
I can guarantee you that even Sachin Tendulkar hates uneven bounce. Accurate bowling is all that is required to take advantage of any pitch inconsistency.

Not entirely sure if I agree completely with you. This pitch is too slow for taking advantage of low bounce. Even on day 2 it looks so flat. It will get difficult to score, but getting set batsmen out will be a real difficulty.

Unless it breaks up like a subcontinent wicket (which I doubt) I predict that it will probably take more turn on days 4 and 5, but it will still be very slow.

Well looking at history Sachin has averaged 15 against Aus in the 2nd innings so i guess it won't matter if Sachin will cope with the bounce cause he'll get out anyway.

Anyone think this second innings is a big one for ganguly cause i sorta feel his position is in question. He hasn't done much this series and whenever india are in a strong position or need him he hasn't done much. When all hope is lost he does a cameo.

Predictions anyone? Aus 300/7 then the tail wag to get aus to 500... Johnson a century:D. Would be the funniest thing ever... well after i curse Kumble to death.

I'm more worried about RP Singh's injury. Could be a big blow to India's chances in this game.

Hope he will be all right.

I think Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh have found a bit of assistance on that pitch. However, it's a slow wicket and will take a lot of effort to get set batsmen out.

Not entirely sure if I agree completely with you. This pitch is too slow for taking advantage of low bounce. Even on day 2 it looks so flat. It will get difficult to score, but getting set batsmen out will be a real difficulty.

Unless it breaks up like a subcontinent wicket (which I doubt) I predict that it will probably take more turn on days 4 and 5, but it will still be very slow.
Can take a fair bit of turn on day 4/5, if you look at what Warney did on it last year. Helps a bit that Warney could turn the ball on glass though.

Ganguly has been Indiaa man of crisis in last year and half. but now when team is doing well hes missed out. I think he has one year of cricket in him but he should retire now on top and with pride.

Australia I dont think will be easily bowled out here. The only chance of India getting wickets is spin and reverse swing. I also hope RP is up for 3 days cos he bowls well when bowl is reverse swinging.

Great batting by India's lower order, we are now starting to feel the effects of losing Warne. This wicket is where the spinner needs to help the team out not let the part timers each get a wicket. MacGill if he can prove his fitness will be back in our test side.

Solid start from Jaques and Hayden, seems like Jaques just needed Hayden back to get back on track.

We could definitely use a big turner here, which is where Hogg comes up short. He is very accurate and has good variation, but not much turn on the ball.

That's why I suppose MacGill could be useful right now. As for Dan Cullen, how this guy can be named in the frame continues to amaze me. He can't even get a regular game for South Australia (dropped for the last game for a fourth paceman in another overrated hack - Paul Rofe), yet he's reportedly the next in line after Hogg & MacGill.

We could definitely use a big turner here, which is where Hogg comes up short. He is very accurate and has good variation, but not much turn on the ball.

That's why I suppose MacGill could be useful right now. As for Dan Cullen, how this guy can be named in the frame continues to amaze me. He can't even get a regular game for South Australia (dropped for the last game for a fourth paceman in another overrated hack - Paul Rofe), yet he's reportedly the next in line after Hogg & MacGill.

They're lying im the next in line;)

is rp injured badly that he cant bowl. i hava feeling this match might be a draw. good effort from india a great batting performence to get to that score. they needed atleast a wicket today it hink though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread