India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricky Ponting lucks out there. That's life. The hunter can't always expect to catch the rabbit.

how often have we seen this happen for australia,hope atleast some luck goes india's way.

Haha.
Game over. Same side in the probables, even after the batting debacle at the MCG?
Silly Selectors.
Precisely. The selectors are a bunch of jokers. I suspect this is their ploy to push Dravid out of the team.

Are you sure? Oh no, please tell me that Karthik is opening..

I knew Sehwag wouldn't cos of his lack of inclusion in the 13 man squad.. but oh dear, lets hope Dravid has his form back and Jaffer looks more convincing or this could be one of the worst decisions of the year..

Ricky won the toss, Australia bat, should be interesting.
Yup. The selectors and Kumble decided to ignore both of our equivalent yet somehow conflicting opinions. :p Or rather: :mad:

Last edited:
Are there ever riots against the Indian Selectors in India after they lose a Test Series? If anything they're the ones who deserve it.

Yuvraj Singh is crap.

Ahh. Ganguly ought to feel robbed. It was a crafty delivery, a big edge, and a loud sound. These oldie umpires need hearing aids.

Are there ever riots against the Indian Selectors in India after they lose a Test Series? If anything they're the ones who deserve it.

Yuvraj Singh is crap.

He's decent in ODI's and T20's, but this is test cricket. I'd much rather have Subramanium Badrinath or Manoj Tiwary rather then Yuvraj.
Better yet, keep the same team that won us matches against Pakistan.

If it 'aint broke, why fix it?

I'm always shocked when India choose two spinners on wickets that dont always suit spinners, especially when they have people on the team (Yuvraj, Sachin) that spin. Why not choose Sehwag instead of Jaffer or Yuvraj and bring in Pathan. That way, you have Sehwag, who can spin quite a bit. And Pathan's an all-rounder that adds to the pace attack as well as the batting (which, after the first showing at the MCG needs help!!). More balanced, if you ask me.
India has already in this tour to show the tendency to pick what they think are the best 11 players in the squad first and then arrange them around in some sort of plausible fashion rather than pick the players who the conditions suit the most. I mean Dravid is a better batsman than Sehwag, but Sehwag is a better opener and Dravid ends up opening because he is a better batsman. It's so frustrating.

Yuvraj Singh is crap.
LOL. There are no riots in India over cricket. There is just media build-up since they want to make some quick cash.

C'mon India, get some wickets!

I don't think Yuvraj is even that good in ODI's. They're are plenty of batsman who have better statistics then him. Most overrated cricketer in the world.

Well, Yuvraj better bat well today, and same goes for Dhoni and Jaffer. Last chances for then I feel.

With the weather conditions coming into play, i'm predicting a draw. Normally, India win at Sydney. But with the lineups given a loss is almost certain.

Well, Yuvraj better bat well today, and same goes for Dhoni and Jaffer. Last chances for then I feel.

With the weather conditions coming into play, i'm predicting a draw. Normally, India win at Sydney. But with the lineups given a loss is almost certain.
Yuvraj won't get a chance to bat today. He'll get a chance to fail tomorrow, hopefully.

C'mon India, get some wickets!

I don't think Yuvraj is even that good in ODI's. They're are plenty of batsman who have better statistics then him. Most overrated cricketer in the world.

His form in the blue jersey off late has been Bradmanesque.

India has already in this tour to show the tendency to pick what they think are the best 11 players in the squad first and then arrange them around in some sort of plausible fashion rather than pick the players who the conditions suit the most. I mean Dravid is a better batsman than Sehwag, but Sehwag is a better opener and Dravid ends up opening because he is a better batsman. It's so frustrating.

India are actually selecting the team that they feel will do well in the conditions. You want Sehwag because he has succeeded before as an opener. But a more indepth analysis will tell you that the conditions dont favor Sehwag that much, and we will have to hope that he comes good on a given day for us to be in the position we want to be. But Dravid is technically solid, plays in the conditions better. And India dont want to make a knee jerk reaction to the first test defeat. I mean I wanted Sehwag, but I can see where this decision is coming from, and I accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread