India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, it is moving along the irritatingly predictable lines of a boring draw!

Again, our lack of a genuine fast bowler is hurting us! RP Singh's inexperience and all others are coming to the fore! We need to try out Munaf Patel and/or VRV Singh very soon enough and see how good they are!

Cant the Indian team complain to the ICC on the pitches being used for this series? It has been a graveyard for the bowlers! Some one aptly said "This is Asian crashes". Fantastic!

If the pitch behaves like this tomorrow, I cant see India easily getting 8-9 wickets in a single session. Anyways, want to still remain positive! May be some twist tomorrow to the tale?

i think they should give chance to some of new indian porspect such as munaf patel, or VRV Singh. becuase surely this indian attack lack pace, consistancy and even variation. 3 left arm bowlers is bit odd to see.

i think it heading towards draw.
cant see younis khan making any mistakes.

Indiangod said:
India can still win this test match, thats possible, India tommorow will need to get Pakistan out in no less then 40-45 overs tommorow and dont let them get over the 280 barrier run mark, India can chase down 300 even in 45 overs with the likes of Sehwag, Dhoni, and Pathan in good toach. I think if Indi are in with a chance of winning the match tommorow if they bowl the Pakistanis out, India should shuffle the batting line up and play Pathan at number 3 instead of Laxman.

Come on India!.....come out aggreasive tommorow!.
Good Joke!!

I don't think Munaf Patel or VRV Singh will really have any impact, either. We think that they consistently bowl fast, but the truth is that they only occasionally reach 90 mph. India sorely need a fast bowling hero so that all young kids don't want to become batsmen.

It's upto Pakistan, now, to go for a result. I don't think they'll give India a realistic chance to chase down the total, so this match is heading towards a draw. If India had picked up 4-5 wickets yesterday, this match would have been in their favor. As I see it now, this match will become drawn.

sohummisra said:
I don't think Munaf Patel or VRV Singh will really have any impact, either. We think that they consistently bowl fast, but the truth is that they only occasionally reach 90 mph. India sorely need a fast bowling hero so that all young kids don't want to become batsmen.

It's upto Pakistan, now, to go for a result. I don't think they'll give India a realistic chance to chase down the total, so this match is heading towards a draw. If India had picked up 4-5 wickets yesterday, this match would have been in their favor. As I see it now, this match will become drawn.
From what I have heard, Munaf Patel was fast and furious when he started playing Ranji cricket. He used to clock aroung 85-90 mph. But, after he came from Baroda to Mumbai, he had a back problem and was out of the game for quite some time. He has returned to playing Ranji for Maharashtra but his speed has significantly decreased due to the injury he sustained earlier.
VRV Singh is touted as the fastest bowler in the country but I doubt whether he clocks near 90mph.
I think India producing a genuine fast bowler will remain a distant dream. but hey, who knows cause sometimes dreams come true too!

Good performance by both India & Pakistan.

I would like to see a batsman's graveyard (:D) in Karachi, but that is highly unlikely!

srk121 said:
i think they should give chance to some of new indian porspect such as munaf patel, or VRV Singh. becuase surely this indian attack lack pace, consistancy and even variation. 3 left arm bowlers is bit odd to see.

i think it heading towards draw.
cant see younis khan making any mistakes.

Why? Dont Pakistan have 3 right armers? :D

sohummisra said:

you a right. becuase every1 want to become tendulkar. no one wants to be a fast bowler. bcci should work on this part vital part of the game. so we get good bowlers.

From what I understand, none of our 'fast' bowlers can consistently bowl at 90 mph. And certainly not while bowling long spells. Its kinda disappointing seeing Afridi bowl faster than Pathan.

Some stats for you:
Tendulkar in Australia: 54.15
Tendulkar in England: 71.60
Tendulkar in South Africa: 42.40

Inzy in Australia: 30.87 OUCH!
Inzy in England: 44.14 not bad, but no tendulkar
Inzy in South Africa: 27.44 OUCH!

Sehwag in Australia: 58.00
Sehwag in South Africa: 49.66
Sehwag in England: 39.00

Dravid in Australia: 53.15
Dravid in England: 87.66 !!!!
Dravid in South Africa: 44.11

Yousuf in Australia: 33.00 OUCH!
Yousuf in England: 21.25 OUCH!
Yousuf in South Africa: 18.33 depressing reading...

As Cricinfo says, statistics may not reveal the whole story, but they show a large part of it. Clearly the Pakistani batsmen aren't as good as the Indians on bowler friendly wickets, so it should come as no suprise that they nearly scored 600 in 3 consecutive innings. Not taking any credit away from the likes of Afridi and Younis Khan, but interpret what you want from these stats.

Adarsh said:
Some stats for you:
Tendulkar in Australia: 54.15
Tendulkar in England: 71.60
Tendulkar in South Africa: 42.40

Inzy in Australia: 30.87 OUCH!
Inzy in England: 44.14 not bad, but no tendulkar
Inzy in South Africa: 27.44 OUCH!

Sehwag in Australia: 58.00
Sehwag in South Africa: 49.66
Sehwag in England: 39.00

Dravid in Australia: 53.15
Dravid in England: 87.66 !!!!
Dravid in South Africa: 44.11

Yousuf in Australia: 33.00 OUCH!
Yousuf in England: 21.25 OUCH!
Yousuf in South Africa: 18.33 depressing reading...

As Cricinfo says, statistics may not reveal the whole story, but they show a large part of it. Clearly the Pakistani batsmen aren't as good as the Indians on bowler friendly wickets, so it should come as no suprise that they nearly scored 600 in 3 consecutive innings. Not taking any credit away from the likes of Afridi and Younis Khan, but interpret what you want from these stats.
What you tring to say there ?? Inzy is pakistans match winner guy,
One of legend. Why was he captain of ACC XI but not Dravid or Tendulkar?
(: c h e e s y)

sohummisra said:
From what I understand, none of our 'fast' bowlers can consistently bowl at 90 mph. And certainly not while bowling long spells. Its kinda disappointing seeing Afridi bowl faster than Pathan.

Pathan improved in the second innings, clocking 132 or so km/ph... but yeah, we seriously lack in pace. But we should definitely try out VRV or Munaf. Even if they dont bowl at 150km/ph, 140-150 would be better in itself for us! They would definitely be faster than the current lot who are in the 130's and with some swing and variation, they can cause problems too!

usy said:

Because he was the better of the experienced captains! Do you really think making him captain of the ACC XI was purely on merit? Graeme Smith is a good ODI captain but is not the best captain of all captains in the world!

And Adarsh was talking about their batting statistics. From where did captaincy come? One can be a good captain but a average batsman! One can be a average captain but a great batsman!

usy said:
I never said he wasn't a good batsman. Infact if I remember he has an excellent average in games Pakistan have won. I thought these stats were quite interesting and wanted to show you. What these stats do prove though is:
1) India's lack of good pace bowling. Despite the batsmen making runs, they aren't winning as many matches as they should abroad.
2) If it isn't obvious, pitches in Pakistan aren't good for Test match cricket and therefore tend to show false figures. Yousuf has a average of 55 at home and 45 away. Inzi- 55 home, 45 away.

but Inzy has played Australia only 13 times as Tendulkar 22.

usy said:
but Inzy has played Australia only 13 times as Tendulkar 22.

So? Saeed Anwar only played 10 times against Australia and averaged 59.06 yet Inzy averages more in his career than Anwar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread