India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat Pitches

srk121 said:
i think they should give chance to some of new indian porspect such as munaf patel, or VRV Singh. becuase surely this indian attack lack pace, consistancy and even variation. 3 left arm bowlers is bit odd to see.

I wouldn't write Zaheer and Pathan off. You can't judge their performance on these dead pitches. Even Shoaib has got only one wicket so far, that too because Tendulkar walked. Shoaib's mentally frustrated and almost lost his bearing twice. Bhajji has got absoulutely nothing so far.
Even Dennis Lillee and Imran Khan couldn't do much in Faisalabad.

Khan has been the pick of the bowlers. Even in the first innings he trouble occasionally and his first 25 overs were very economical. Then he got hit by Afridi and co.
India should continue with 3 left arm seamers and replace Bhajji with Ganguly, whose medium pace can be quite useful.

usy said:
but Inzy has played Australia only 13 times as Tendulkar 22.

so what? it doesnt mean that the more the matches, the higher the average! we are not comparing the runs they've got against Australia!

cricket_lover said:
Khan has been the pick of the bowlers. Even in the first innings he trouble occasionally and his first 25 overs were very economical. Then he got hit by Afridi and co.
India should continue with 3 left arm seamers and replace Bhajji with Ganguly, whose medium pace can be quite useful.

Both Khan and RP Singh should be retained for the next test! If the wicket there is also flat as these two, India can retain the same combination! Or even may be drop Yuvraj Singh and pick up Ajit Agarkar! These pitches require 6 to 7 bowlers in the side!

If the pitch at Karachi offers some assistance to the fast bowlers and has grass on it, go with 3 seamers+1 spinner and drop Harbhajan for Ganguly!

saisrini80 said:
so what? it doesnt mean that the more the matches, the higher the average! we are not comparing the runs they've got against Australia!

Both Khan and RP Singh should be retained for the next test! If the wicket there is also flat as these two, India can retain the same combination! Or even may be drop Yuvraj Singh and pick up Ajit Agarkar! These pitches require 6 to 7 bowlers in the side!

If the pitch at Karachi offers some assistance to the fast bowlers and has grass on it, go with 3 seamers+1 spinner and drop Harbhajan for Ganguly!
One thing you can rest assured is that the Karachi wicket will not have enough grass on it. Inzi is a suspect and so is Shoaib Malik. Missing these two players will be a big jolt to Pakistan in third Test.
Also, Indian batsmen are sky high on confidence. All the players are among runs and that means that even if the pitch offers assistance then Indian bowlers will go against a depleted Pakistan side missing Inzi and Malik which can be dangerous for Pakistan.
But having said that, India is the most unpredictable team in the world and might crash to defeat on a featherbed too. But so is Pakistan so anything can happen in Karachi. The thing that we can bet our money on though is that it won't be a grassbed.

P.S. I did not get your Sig. :)

Last edited:
s2sschan said:
I wouldn't write Zaheer and Pathan off. You can't judge their performance on these dead pitches. Even Shoaib has got only one wicket so far, that too because Tendulkar walked. Shoaib's mentally frustrated and almost lost his bearing twice. Bhajji has got absoulutely nothing so far.
Even Dennis Lillee and Imran Khan couldn't do much in Faisalabad.

well i am not writin them off. but just saying that they should be given a chance to play international cricket and see how they perform in different scenario. at least they should get a chance in one day mode to see how skillful they are. no doubt that irfan and zaheer are good bowlers but having three left armers is bit odd to see.

Malik is back..Akmal is doing very well in that opening role at the momment! I would open with him and let Malik come down the order.

rahulk666 said:
One thing you can rest assured is that the Karachi wicket will not have enough grass on it. Inzi is a suspect and so is Shoaib Malik. Missing these two players will be a big jolt to Pakistan in third Test.
Also, Indian batsmen are sky high on confidence. All the players are among runs and that means that even if the pitch offers assistance then Indian bowlers will go against a depleted Pakistan side missing Inzi and Malik which can be dangerous for Pakistan.
But having said that, India is the most unpredictable team in the world and might crash to defeat on a featherbed too. But so is Pakistan so anything can happen in Karachi. The thing that we can bet our money on though is that it won't be a grassbed.

P.S. I did not get your Sig. :)

Well, I hope Karachi too isnt a batting paradise! We need a result badly at Karachi. Its just sick to have 3 draws and the series undecided! Thats poor cricket!

P.s: Nothing big on the sig! Just supporting U! I too hate Bucknor! Was in a good mood that day and was planning to change my sig at PC here & when I hit upon yours, I planned to make mine on similar lines as yours!

durrani1 said:
gud news karachi pitch has a bit of grass. not sure how long it will stay there...

As long as an hour before play! I doubt if the grass would be left upon!

If Inzi doesnt play in the third test, then Younis Khan gets to choose whether he wants the grass or wants it shaved off! I believe Younis Khan is an aggressive captain and I wont be surprised if he decides to retain some of it on the pitch!

saisrini80 said:
Well, I hope Karachi too isnt a batting paradise! We need a result badly at Karachi. Its just sick to have 3 draws and the series undecided! Thats poor cricket!

P.s: Nothing big on the sig! Just supporting U! I too hate Bucknor! Was in a good mood that day and was planning to change my sig at PC here & when I hit upon yours, I planned to make mine on similar lines as yours!
I agree. We need a result in Karachi.

Good that someone supports me in Bucknor issue. I got lot of neg reps for my frank comments against Bucknor. How about a few +ve reps from you for liking my sig ;) :happy

saisrini80 said:
If Inzi doesnt play in the third test, then Younis Khan gets to choose whether he wants the grass or wants it shaved off! I believe Younis Khan is an aggressive captain and I wont be surprised if he decides to retain some of it on the pitch!
I doubt whether Younis Khan will have the guts and/or free-will of taking such a decision. The last thing Pakistan wants is the grass on the pitch backfiring on them especially with them likely missing thr services of Inzi and Malik.

Last edited:
usy said:
but Inzy has played Australia only 13 times as Tendulkar 22.
How is that positive to Inzy? Tendulkar has sustained a higher average over a longer period...

I don't think Munaf and VRV can regularly keep it in the 140-150 range. I think they'll probably keep it around 135 with the odd ball in the 140's. And perhaps one ball every two-three innings that slips to 150. A lot of hype has been made about the speed of these guys. Even when Zaheer started he was in the 140's. Same with Nehra. Same with Pathan in England for the Natwest Challenge. International cricket causes them to lose their pace drastically.

Pathan played a good knock and then added some more to his bowling prowess and ability-at least for today. It seems that our other two bowlers-Bhajji and Zaheer-don't seem to be as bad of batsmen and can well sustain a succesful tailend.

Nonetheless, my question is, would you rather have exceptionally good bowlers or bowlers who are decent, but can bat well and add +-250 runs at the end?-and this is completely a hypothetical question.

prarara said:
Nonetheless, my question is, would you rather have exceptionally good bowlers or bowlers who are decent, but can bat well and add +-250 runs at the end?-and this is completely a hypothetical question.

i think this is a very legitimate question you have asked. but we need bowlers who can pick up 20 wickets in test, so that we can win. yes batting is helpful from tailenders but bowling an oppesite team out is also a question so i think i will go for decent bowler at least 2 decent fast medium bowlers in my team.

If you look at the Aus side that dominated for so long, they picked 4 good bowlers. It helps when their batting improves but they were clearly picked for bowling. So I would say you need good bowlers. If you have a guy that can make it on his batting then use him as a batter. But i wouldn't use this batting all rounder as a bowler cause that would decrease the bowling strength.

Pak_cricketer said:
Malik can bat today.. He was back yesterday.

Is his Father alright now? It's always difficult to cope with such mental tension.
Akmal enjoys himself at the opening spot, I think he and Younis will play more attacking cricket tomorrow so Malik might come in as Inzi is also missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread