India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak_cricketer said:
Good batting by both batsmen, I thought we had India in a bit of trouble when Tendulkar got out. Although the bowlers bowled pretty well, and the batsmen had trouble but both batsmen are playing well. Tommorow we have to get Dhoni or Pathan out ASAP.
Yep as far as Pakistan is concerned, they need these batsmen out ASAP tomorrow. I think Younis Khan should start with Kaneria and Akhtar in the morning. Both the batsmen have to start fresh tomorrow.

As far as India is concerned both the batsmen need to get their eye in tomorrow and play as long as possible and frustrate the Pakistan camp.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Guys why did Pakistan Cricket Board pick Mohammad Asif , just hate that player. Surly Rana is better then him, even Rana Naved does'nt take any wicket. useless Player Asif , really even Sami is better then him.

cricket doctor said:
I saw some of his shots today and man, they were awesom. He invented a new shot today "REVERSE STRAIGHT DRIVE" of Kaneria.
Um..no. I believe it was Azharuddin who invented that one.

usy said:
Guys why did Pakistan Cricket Board pick Mohammad Asif , just hate that player. Surly Rana is better then him, even Rana Naved does'nt take any wicket. useless Player Asif , really even Sami is better then him.
Rana had a shoulder injury. BTW, did you even see him bowl? He is much better than Sami. His figures do not justify how well he bowled.

Offtopic but can some describe this reverse straight drive? I need a new shot to play :p.

Ontopic. Dhoni and Pathan were great today. India need to bat at least the morning session if there gonna win. Game on :p.

aditya123 said:
Indian bowlers have taken more wickets in this series than Pakistan . India have just lost 6 wickets for 845 runs (AVG of 140.33 per wicket) ! Pakistan , on the other hand have lost 17 for 1267 runs (74 runs per wicket) !
India lost less wickets because of that seemingly invulnerable Sehwag-Dravid partnership. At 410, even Pakistan had only lost 2 wickets. We lost more later because we got bored.

Drewska said:
Offtopic but can some describe this reverse straight drive? I need a new shot to play :p.

Switching the wrists around like with the reverse sweep shot is a possibility.

What a great knock by my boy Dhoni! He rocked the Pakistani bowling attack and he's not done yet. 5-6 sixers still to be hit tomorrow by him. And, great support by Pathan. I just hope he'll get his hundred tomorrow. They both are playing great cricket.
Come on India!

usy said:

Mohammed Asif has great potential. He has been marked by Woolmer as the most improved bowler in recent times and thats a big compliment! He also looks promising and moved the ball well at certain periods! I feel he is definitely promising from what I have looked!

rahulk666 said:
hey man...
200 from Dhoni and 150 from Pathan means combined 200 runs more... I don't think they will be able to have another 200 run partnership tomorrow on the 4th day of the match. I would be more than happy of India puts another 120 runs on the board tomorrow with Pathan possibly scoring his first hundred.

Ur rite! I would hope India puts on another 160-170 runs tomorrow and then declare. It would equal their total to that of Pakistan! Then India should produce the Adelaide inspirational spell of bowling to bundle Pakistan out! Its not gonna be easy, but some one has to come up with a spell that Ajit Agarkar bowled in Adelaide! By winning this game, we make a statement - we can force wins from seemingly hopeless situations! I hope it happens!

Dhoni said:
What a great knock by my boy Dhoni! He rocked the Pakistani bowling attack and he's not done yet. 5-6 sixers still to be hit tomorrow by him. And, great support by Pathan. I just hope he'll get his hundred tomorrow. They both are playing great cricket.
Come on India!

Dhoni is an amazing batsman! He is just terrific!

I want to see some sixers from him tomorrow becoz I am going to watch the match!

Drewska said:

There is no shot called the reverse straight drive. You have the on and off drive. Either side of the bowler. However, the reverse straight drive I have never heard of.

saisrini80 said:
!Dhoni is an amazing batsman! He is just terrific!

I want to see some sixers from him tomorrow becoz I am going to watch the match!
I love this guy Dhoni. He's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers I want Dhoni to hit most number of sixers in cricket history.

I havent seen the match entirely, but I think the Pakistani spinners have been rather ineffective. Just one wicket after the fall of Tendulkar would have meant that Pakistan could start thinking about bowling India out. With that said, I must compliment the batting of Dhoni and Pathan. They kind of rescued India and in great fashion. The ball was swinging today. Hope Asif/Razzaq and Shoaib finish of the Indian batting tomorrow morning.

Pak_cricketer said:
Hmm I don't think he can beat Afridis rate, Afridi has 19 sixes already in this series! :eek:
yeah but Afridi usually lacks consistency and has been around for so long. Dhoni has just arrived and played one of the best few innings already and has good consistency. Adaptation is the key and Afridi lacks it hence never been successful against teams like Aus, WI, SA, NZ, ENG.

Kaneria needs to come in after lunch.

Asif is a great bowler I don't know why you're bashing him. He was bowling it in the right places and swinging at times.

We need to get them all out before lunch I think or say HELLO TO A BORING DRAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread