India in the West Indies

Adarsh said:
I know! If Sarwan was actually out, I'd be livid if I was Dravid. Couldn't they have gone to the 3rd umpire or something?
This may shed some light:

cricinfo said:
Lara managed one superb square-cut for four, but was never at his best, and only got to 14 before feeling for a Pathan delivery outside the off, edging straight to Rahul Dravid at slip, who took the simple offering. At 24 for 3 West Indies were in some trouble. In all this Doctrove and Asad Rauf contrived to provide a moment of lightness. Doctrove had walked off the field to have a chat with some officials regarding spectator movement at one end, and Rauf, not realising this, allowed Pathan to bowl. A close run-out appeal resulted from the ball and the bemused fielders searched in vain for a square-leg umpire to direct an appeal at. In the event TV replays showed the batsman was in.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/247955.html

Doesn't mention anywhere that the 3rd umpire was called. In fact, I'm certain that he wasn't as it was a dead ball. The tv replays may shown that he was in, but it doesn't make it any better. What if he was out and Sarwan went to score a hundred? What a farce!

WI are currently 90/4 in 30.2 overs!!!
Well, This is a good improvement.... WI may land up with good competetive score!!!!

I don't see West Indies passing 250 runs, so I think India will chase this one without much problems.

The one bowler who could do something about it, Collymore, they've sidelined for some reason.

Adarsh said:
I know! If Sarwan was actually out, I'd be livid if I was Dravid. Couldn't they have gone to the 3rd umpire or something?

I think they did call the third umpire, but then, after the not-out decision, they killed the ball! ( They called it a dead ball!)

:D

105/6
Bravo gone for duck!!!
So WI struggling now!!!

That was a classy performance from Sarwan, a great knock! He could have been selfish and turned down the single, but he put his team first and has give the Windies bowlers a little something to play for. 98 not out is a little unlucky though, especially as he already has a 99 not out to his name as well.

Nice performance by Sarwan.Looking forward for Sehwag to fire today! Indians need to sort out the opening issue right now.However they seem to be set for a record 18th succesful chase.

I hope Sehwag performs well today, there isn't much better in cricket than watching Sehwag on the top of his game.

Pathan gone. India 51/3 now. I still expect them to win though with Yuvraj, Kaif, Raina and Dhoni still to come.

India are still in control. Dhoni will come in and hava a paryy Calypso style

60-4 but I would still back the Indians. Raina and Yuvraj are definetel no slouches

India's RR has fallen almost 1 below the RRR. They have to get it back together soon - before the Windies can strike again. They took Edwards off for Bravo, let's see if India can respond...

Users who are viewing this thread