India in the West Indies

10 off 5 balls. India need a boundary. Good thing was 1st ball Patel hit a single and Yuvraj is on strike. It's make or break here.

Yuvraj hits two 4s! This one looks all over. 2 runs off 3 balls. A wicket is needed.

BRAVO has done it!!! Yuvraj out bowled. What an upset. Great win to the Windies bad luck to Yuvraj.

That was an aweseome game. Pity Fox Sports didn't show it. Sarwan's innings was a gem.

Can you Indian fans believe what happened??

This is right up there among the best contests ever played! I am not able to speak anything here! Detailed report later! My heart is clogging up with utter disappointment!!!

Similar to the SA-Aus 1999 World Cup Final. Replace L.Klusener with Y.Singh (left handers). This time, it wasnt Munaf (Donald) but Yuvraj (Klusener) himself!

cricket_lover said:
they have batted poorly earlier, and now some sensible stuff from the youngsters. I am losing interest in this series, so early.

Damn it! This series with just two matches has been sensational!

(Sorry for using that word in the above line! Sorry!

Last edited:
1 run definitely a ripper of a game. Yuvraj did his best but that slower ball yorker got him. At least the Windies have carried on their good form, they were unlucky to lose the 1st game. Looks like they may well keep that record of keeping India winless in West Indies going.

saisrini80 said:
Can you Indian fans believe what happened??

This is right up there among the best contests ever played! I am not able to speak anything here! Detailed report later! My heart is clogging up with utter disappointment!!!

Similar to the SA-Aus 1999 World Cup Final. Replace L.Klusener with Y.Singh (left handers). This time, it wasnt Munaf (Donald) but Yuvraj (Klusener) himself!
Yes I can. I believe its a reality check both for the team and the so called "fans".
It was a sensational effort from West Indies, a truly spirited effort. Yuvraj played a gem of an innings, and dissappointing to be on the losing side.

I don't think you can compare it to the 1999 semi-finals, that was a legendary match. This one is not of the same size but it was a very close match at the end, and a wake-up call for India.

Agarkar and Pathan bowled superbly, and the WI pacemen did an excellent job. I think its their bowling effort that won the match, apart from their exceptional fielding today.

West Indies won with one run!

But I wouldn't label this match as one of the greatest.

A lot of things went wrong in the fielding, stumpings. e.g. But West Indies improved their fielding.

Meh...these things will happen. For team India this can be only taken as a wake up call to stop trotting, and start more of a circumspect advance.

cricket_lover said:
Yes I can. I believe its a reality check both for the team and the so called "fans".
It was a sensational effort from West Indies, a truly spirited effort. Yuvraj played a gem of an innings, and dissappointing to be on the losing side.

I don't think you can compare it to the 1999 semi-finals, that was a legendary match. This one is not of the same size but it was a very close match at the end, and a wake-up call for India.

Agarkar and Pathan bowled superbly, and the WI pacemen did an excellent job. I think its their bowling effort that won the match, apart from their exceptional fielding today.

When I said similar to the 1999 WC semifinal, I meant the final overs, the way both batsmen stormed close to tha target, only to fluff it all up! Yuvraj could have stayed at the crease and timed the ball to get a single to avoid defeat! Had India got a run, they would have avoided defeat! Who knows, Munaf could have swung his bat and got a win!!

And I am not comparing the quality of the cricket. Doesnt need to be that, only South Africa and Australia can play quality cricket! That match had more hype because it was a World Cup semifinal and it was between a champions tag and nothing! Also since the defending side was Australia, the audience always had the belief that they could fight back. Here, I am sure many of those thought India might win it comfortably in the end, which was not to be!

In the end, both teams played well. India bowled really well early on, batted poorly for their reputation, but Yuvraj and Raina fought on.

Anyways, its stupid going into "ifs"

prarara said:
Meh...these things will happen. For team India this can be only taken as a wake up call to stop trotting, and start more of a circumspect advance.

Did u watch the match? I cant take this as lightly as you are!

Last edited:
Unbelieveable!!!!!

Great win Windies. Brings India's record to an end.

I think they have deserved a win for a long time really. Their team talent wise is up there with everyone, they have world class players. As a whole unit they just don't seem to have the aggression and fight to battle through entire games. This win will do them really good, they could have been 2-0 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread