India in the West Indies

Great victory by the West Indies. I went to bed after Lara was dismissed thinking WI are screwed and must say was very suprisied when I in fact found out that they had won. Good effort by the West Indies and it sets up the series wonderfully.

Wasn't expecting WI to win after setting a low target like that. Lost 2k of vCash! :D I definately thought India would win.

kamran akmal said:
my cousin muhaamd asif was absolutly right he said that india will struggle in wi and this is what happeing
Hope your comments would be much more mature compared to your cousin's!

it was supposed to be an INdian win, but they took things for granted (may be) and it was an awesome fightback by WI.

I'm sure India still have the upper hand, but they may want to review everything.

jdbais said:
Great victory by the West Indies. I went to bed after Lara was dismissed thinking WI are screwed and must say was very suprisied when I in fact found out that they had won. Good effort by the West Indies and it sets up the series wonderfully.

Lara was brilliant yesterday with his captaincy and fielding. Simply superb! He was one of the architects of the West Indian win!

cricket_lover said:
it was supposed to be an INdian win, but they took things for granted (may be) and it was an awesome fightback by WI.

I'm sure India still have the upper hand, but they may want to review everything.

of course india have played well in both games. we won the first one which we should have almost lost, but we lost the second one that we should have almost won

Manohar said:
Hope your comments would be much more mature compared to your cousin's!

so far, a poor start for this ID compared to the Muhammad Asif ID.. lets see how this id behaves.

IloveGilly said:
Wasn't expecting WI to win after setting a low target like that. Lost 2k of vCash! :D I definately thought India would win.

I never bet on India! Its really tough betting on them! Even though they have had a very consistent victory run so far (till the first ODI of this series), you dont know when they will lose or screw up!

s2sschan said:
Sehwag continues his Poor form and Kaif made a fifty after getting two lives.
There are BIG question marks next to their names.
If Sehwag continues to disappoint we should get a technically sound opener for tests like Akash Chopra.
Shame, we shouldn't be losing games to "Number 8" (West Indies) like this.

i dont see it as a shame. west indies have been really competitive this series. and remember, we are playing outside the subcontinent where we havent played well at all.

Last edited:
Thank God I forgot to enter the vBookie event for 2nd ODI.

And India must stop Pathan from sending him at #3. This is pointless.

kuttakumar said:
Thank God I forgot to enter the vBookie event for 2nd ODI.

And India must stop Pathan from sending him at #3. This is pointless.

might try him at opening ;)

Apart from Pathan, even Sehwag is not comfortable( in opening)!!!! Dhoni is also a other option available......

How about Pathan-Dhoni or Dhoni - Dravid...... :rolleyes:
I think some diffrnt things has to be tried until Sachin fills that opening gap!!!!

surendar said:
might try him at opening ;)

Apart from Pathan, even Sehwag is not comfortable( in opening)!!!! Dhoni is also a other option available......

How about Pathan-Dhoni or Dhoni - Dravid...... :rolleyes:
I think some diffrnt things has to be tried until Sachin fills that opening gap!!!!

Well I think Raina may be given a chance at the opening slot :rolleyes: .

what a match.
slept at 5 am in the morning.
Yuvraj has to be commended for his last over heroics.
With just some luck, we could have had 18 in a row.

Nothing to worry though.
This was the first time in many many months that a chase has gone own to the lower order and they showed signs of fighting on.
India will get tighter from now on and take this as a wake ujp call.
We`v been winning 6-1,4-1,5-1 in the recent past and this could be the one defeat in the series.

Nothing to really panic about.

The defeat doe`snt take anything away from the fact that they are stll ne of the best ODI sides in world cricket.

saisrini80 said:
i dont see it as a shame. west indies have been really competitive this series. and remember, we are playing outside the subcontinent where we havent played well at all.

Agreed, West Indies have been playing very good cricket, especially the bowlers and fielding. It's good to see as well, that the Windies have been competitive and unlike what many expected that this would be a walkover by India. They can be a real force if the youngsters can do their job as shown in the 2 matches.

Pathan has the ablity to be like a Ponting in number 3. Come in and just attack. But guys like Rania and Dhoni are being wasted batting so low.

aussie1st said:
Pathan has the ablity to be like a Ponting in number 3. Come in and just attack. But guys like Rania and Dhoni are being wasted batting so low.
I believe, Pathan and Dhoni are more useul in the lower middle order.
He`d have been a handful batting at No.8 y`day.

Kaif is really wasted batting down as he does not have the big shots.
He`d be my No.3 or else I`d drop him.
Yuvraj would be my regular No.4
All that considering Tendulkar`s absence.
The whole picture woul be clearer when he is back.

There is some occassions when a Dhoni or Pathan are handy. This game wasn't one of them but if Pathan did come off India would have been well on their way to winning this. Most of his knocks at 3 have come in quick time. Dhoni is a bit harder as one end you want a big hitter the other you can't leave a class batsmen like him down so low.

I do agree with Kaif, hes definitely batting too low. I don't think hes a number 3 either. Probably Yuvraj is more suited to 3 due to his attacking nature and also showed he can defend pretty well yesterday. Kaif is more a number 4 imo.

But Sylvester, Kaif has done excellent job in no3 position....Once there was even a controversy on this...like...Dravid shd bat no4 and Kaif no3....So he can bat in no3 as well.....But before that he has to regain his form back!!!!

I also agree with u regarding Dhoni.... He shd be promoted up the order especially to take advantage of fielding restrictions as he can freely go over the tops!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread