India in the West Indies

It just depends what number 3 India are looking for. I look at what Aus have and that is a counter attacking number 3. Kaif actually did well at 5 in the 1st game so nothing wrong with him batting there.

Then look for somebody like Raina at number 3 or even try Powar at number 3 . Try experimenting. Pathan is struggling at present in the #3 slot.

India are experimenting. Pathan isn't the usual no.3 for India, but I can see how India are approaching with Pathan, he has improved immensley and they want him to have more time in the middle to gain experience.

Just watched the highlights of the game and it was great to see the massive celebrations around the ground and by Bravo. He did the aeroplane run around the ground, reminiscent to the test match at the Adelaide Oval.

Pathan has only been struggling this tour. Before that when he has been promoted he has been a success. He goes so close to making his maiden 100. Maybe these pitches aren't suited to Pathan.

Rania at 3 wouldn't be a bad idea. Him batting at 6 definitely is a waste.

He is young. I think he needs more time to ease in before being faced with number 3. He is wasted somewhat at 3 but he has a long career ahead.

I feel experiments on Pathan are done to develope a genunine allrounder!!!!
i think yestday's loss doesnt affect the progress of Indians but it will create alertness in their mind !!!!!
i was disappointed after seeing yuvi's reaction after his dismissal...sad Yuvi...he was scolding himself.....

The time has come to kick V.Sehwag's a**.He is doing nothing in the team for the last two years. :mad

Great win for the Windies, it shows the bowling attack is something after all. And they also have 3 good all-rounders in Gayle, Bravo and Marlon Samuels. C'Mon windies :D

The time has come to kick V.Sehwag's a**.He is doing nothing in the team for the last two years.

That's not quite true. He's struggled mainly only in the last six months, with the exception of the double century in the first test against Pakistan.

But he should be given more chances, because he is precociously talented, has improved on the field and is a handy bowler.

India will be a far improved team when Sachin comes back, since he's been pretty good in the one day arena lately and could also help Sehwag regain form.

Ritwik said:
That's not quite true. He's struggled mainly only in the last six months, with the exception of the double century in the first test against Pakistan.

But he should be given more chances, because he is precociously talented, has improved on the field and is a handy bowler.

India will be a far improved team when Sachin comes back, since he's been pretty good in the one day arena lately and could also help Sehwag regain form.
Please check his last 50 ODI's statistics you will know what I am talking about.He has got so many chances if Ganguly who's record is lot better than Sehwag is thrown out of this team then Sehwag should also be thrown out of the team.He scores runs in 1 inning out of 10. India have to give chances to Utthappa and Shikhar Dhawan now.

A brilliant match, it went right down to the wire, Yuvraj again played a brilliant knock under pressure, I felt really sorry for him when he got bowled, he deserved to finesh it off.

Indias 17 chasing winning streak comes to a end, and the series is 1-1 with 3 games to go.

Credit to Lara with his feilding and good captaincy.

I was very impressed by Agarkars economical wicket-taking bowling.

Ritwik said:

May be it's time now to change his batting order again, it worked against SAF last year so may be that could help.

Yuvraj's reaction after the last wicket shows how desperate Indians are these days,for winning.

At last WI have something to celebrate, but I don't think it'll be for much longer. 3rd ODI is around the corner and we might Indians come back strongly again.

gaurav_indian said:
Please check his last 50 ODI's statistics you will know what I am talking about.He has got so many chances if Ganguly who's record is lot better than Sehwag is thrown out of this team then Sehwag should also be thrown out of the team.He scores runs in 1 inning out of 10. India have to give chances to Utthappa and Shikhar Dhawan now.

**cough** :D
Gaurav, u are comparing Ganguly to sehwag...
Accrding to me, Ganguly was given chances for atleast 3years :eek: !!!!
I dont knw how many of them here will accept...Ganguly's major part of the runs came from weak opposition teams(including 2003WC) after the year2000!!!
Ok...no controversies on that...cool..cool... :cool:

Accrding to me,
Sehwag is very much talented but the problem is he is not dancing at the crease....lol... :D i.e struggling with footwork!!!!
One can never deny tht Sehwag is a natural player... so he suddenly strikes like a cyclone..at the same time he will be quiet suddenly... i think he is quiet now :D

Sehwag can be given more chances...We have to prepare a strong team for world cup....For newkids, the experience of Dravid,Sachin,Sehwag,Yuvi and Kaif is necessary...

Sehwag is handy bowler at times!!!! We can never underestimate sehwag just becos of one loss yestday....
Our new TeamIndia is performing well...Victories and losses are part of the game....So currently i guess there will be no change in batting lineups....

so Cheer up Gaurav.... :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

surendar said:
**cough** :D
Gaurav, u are comparing Ganguly to sehwag...
Accrding to me, Ganguly was given chances for atleast 3years :eek: !!!!
I dont knw how many of them here will accept...Ganguly's major part of the runs came from weak opposition teams(including 2003WC) after the year2000!!!
Ok...no controversies on that...cool..cool... :cool:

Accrding to me,
Sehwag is very much talented but the problem is he is not dancing at the crease....lol... :D i.e struggling with footwork!!!!
One can never deny tht Sehwag is a natural player... so he suddenly strikes like a cyclone..at the same time he will be quiet suddenly... i think he is quiet now :D

Sehwag can be given more chances...We have to prepare a strong team for world cup....For newkids, the experience of Dravid,Sachin,Sehwag,Yuvi and Kaif is necessary...

Sehwag is handy bowler at times!!!! We can never underestimate sehwag just becos of one loss yestday....
Our new TeamIndia is performing well...Victories and losses are part of the game....So currently i guess there will be no change in batting lineups....

so Cheer up Gaurav.... :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
**cough cough cough** Sehwag is better than Ganguly who made Sehwag the answer is Ganguly,who gave him chances in this Indian team who made Sehwag the opener from the middle order batsman Ganguly again.Check your stats Ganguly even though played poorly last 1 year but his average was better than Sehwag.I don't know why we Indians forget the contributions of some players.I have seen Ganguly right from the day he made his debut,I have seen how he was tensed when we were not getting wickets in the matches.Have u forgetten his agression?I missed him a lot. :(
We always says that we want to be a team like Australia if you want to become a team like Australia then can u left out players like Steve Waugh,Gillespie,Bevan(the best ODI batsman).I bet if sehwag was in Australia then they have kicked his a** long time ago. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread