India in the West Indies

newzolt said:
It could have been anybody's game.But it was a good slower one from Bravo and Lara has given the credits to Gayle who had given the idea of bowling a slower one.
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1540394.cms

It was a very close match.Credits to Windies for their remarkable win.
It doesn't matter that was a slower one that could have gone for a boundary also.Yuvraj played that early it was his mistake but credit should be given to Yuvraj he made that match a thriller. :rolleyes:

gaurav_indian said:
It doesn't matter that was a slower one that could have gone for a boundary also.Yuvraj played that early it was his mistake but credit should be given to Yuvraj he made that match a thriller. :rolleyes:
Yes, Yuvraj has always produced the results when under pressure.It's great to have a player like him in the team.

Last edited:
Why the hell aren't they sending Dhoni top of the order? Why Pathan? Now next time it's time for Dhoni show. India should look to bat first and promote Dhoni to hurt the WI bowlers. It was a great match!

Fantastic finish to the game yesterday, who would of thought it. I believed India had it in the bag, but a great comeback by Bravo and the Windies.

Superb batting towards the end by Sarwan to bring them up to a respectable total, still would have expected India to make a better effort in knocking them off though.

aussie1st said:
It just depends what number 3 India are looking for. I look at what Aus have and that is a counter attacking number 3. Kaif actually did well at 5 in the 1st game so nothing wrong with him batting there.

Kaif didnt do that well at No.5 in game 1. I felt he was the reason for the game going to the penultimate ball of the match. He was very slow, tentative and survived to get that 66 which doesnt seem to have done him good (going by the horrendous shot he played last evening)!

kuttakumar said:
Then look for somebody like Raina at number 3 or even try Powar at number 3 . Try experimenting. Pathan is struggling at present in the #3 slot.

What happened to Agarkar? Why cant he bat at No.3? In fact when Ganguly was captain, Agarkar was surprisingly brought at No.3 and he responded by smaking 95. Then I dont remember him playing at No.3 at all. If India really want a permanent No.3 batsman, then Kaif would be the ideal choice in the current situation. Tendulkar and Dravid to open, Kaif at 3, Yuvraj at 4, Sehwag at 5, Raina at 6, followed by Dhoni, Pathan and the bowlers. This would be my squad when Tendulkar returns. Not for the World Cup though, as I feel a space would be available for some one special to fill in....,.

kodos said:
India are experimenting. Pathan isn't the usual no.3 for India, but I can see how India are approaching with Pathan, he has improved immensley and they want him to have more time in the middle to gain experience.

Just watched the highlights of the game and it was great to see the massive celebrations around the ground and by Bravo. He did the aeroplane run around the ground, reminiscent to the test match at the Adelaide Oval.

Actually, I was over confident last night. When Powar was batting with Yuvraj, I actually wanted a wicket at that point to make things interesting and to see the Indian players celebrating in a wild manner after a hard fought win. But little did I know that it would happen in the contrary and that I would be writhing in disappointment at such a close defeat!

surendar said:
I feel experiments on Pathan are done to develope a genunine allrounder!!!!
i think yestday's loss doesnt affect the progress of Indians but it will create alertness in their mind !!!!!
i was disappointed after seeing yuvi's reaction after his dismissal...sad Yuvi...he was scolding himself.....

it was actually soothing to see yuvi's reaction at that point. he was visibly disappointed at not getting the 2 runs for that indian 18th record chasing win. it showed his determination and his hunger to win matches for india!

newzolt said:
It could have been anybody's game.But it was a good slower one from Bravo and Lara has given the credits to Gayle who had given the idea of bowling a slower one.
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1540394.cms

It was a very close match.Credits to Windies for their remarkable win.

Didnt West Indies win the Champiosns Trophy under the captaincy of Brian Lara? What happened after the Champions Trophy? Why did Windies appoint Chanderpaul to captain? Did Lara step down or was he sacked? West Indies seem to do well when Lara is captain.

Last edited:
Lara went through bad form as Captain and the team started to fail.

saisrini80 said:
it was actually soothing to see yuvi's reaction at that point. he was visibly disappointed at not getting the 2 runs for that indian 18th record chasing win. it showed his determination and his hunger to win matches for india!

Yes, so near yet so far.

After a long time i've seen a team like this, West Indies.

I would expect to see India coming back strongly, but they are playing in the Carribean, so it should be tough! And going by the two matches, this series promises to be a great one!

We have had results of winning by a run, & winning by a single ball left, now, I hope someone wins by one wicket!

Rooting for the WI to win. And not just because they're playing India this time. I miss the Windies from back in the day.

No one will believe me, but I predicted the slower ball right before it was bowled. Too bad Yuvi didn't get my mental messages. ;)

sohummisra said:
No one will believe me, but I predicted the slower ball right before it was bowled. Too bad Yuvi didn't get my mental messages. ;)
I believe you. Well done.::p Oh yes, Bravo also got your message.:p:D

sohummisra said:
But what I predicted before that ball was that Yuvraj will be bowled and he was bowled. :(

Users who are viewing this thread