India in the West Indies

Robin uthappa , should be tried.Looking at the way he played in the tests, he seems to be impressive.Dravid 1 down, no experimentations here.If Yuvraj is not fit, he should not be risked by playing him in the 4th odi.Pathan can provide some much needed stability in the lower middle order.Kaif at 4th position should be appropriate.
My lineup would be:
sehwag
uthappa
dravid
Yuvraj(if fit)/Kaif
Kaif/Rao(subject to availabilty of yuvraj)
dhoni
pathan
agarkar
powar
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth

It's going to take something special from India to win in Lara country. Also I read this will be his last 2 ODI games in front of his home crowd so I'm sure he would want to go out a winning man.

aussie1st said:
It's going to take something special from India to win in Lara country. Also I read this will be his last 2 ODI games in front of his home crowd so I'm sure he would want to go out a winning man.
But then, India have always played especially well in Trinidad and Tobago :)

Indeed they have especially in test matches. Just goes with the flow of how this series has turned out. Very competitive and thrilling. I'd expect nothing less here. Possibly a Lara 100 followed by something special by the Indians.

Its an even worse start for india. Suresh Raina is out now. India 28-2 off just 10 overs

Yuvraj needs to step up the plate now. Its swinging right now at Trinidad. The best example for that was Collymore's first over.

I think a total of 200+ would be pretty decent on this pitch which has a lot of cracks! For that, India needs to play really really well. runs are really tough to come by at the moment!

aussie1st said:

Even though its Lara's country, the Indians have fond memories of Trinidad 'n Port of Spain. They have done particularly well here.

Right now, they dont look good but the two experienced campaigners Dravid and Yuvraj are in there right now. Hope they bail India out and push them towards a challenging total!

edgarisapimp said:
Sehwag is gone for 11.
Bad start for India?

Both Sehwag and Raina gone to really loose shots. When its swinging, you should not take risks of such proportion. Both lost their wickets to their impatience! Raina cant be faulted much because his temparement hasnt been tested much in intl. cricket but thats not the case with Sehwag! But people will say thats the way he plays!

Sehwag and Raina did not lose their wickets to swing, however. I believe Sehwag was kind of unlucky because he hit it pretty well. Raina's shot was absolutely disgraceful. It wasn't really swing that kept the runs down as much as it was the inability to find gaps anywhere on the field.

Kaif & Yuvraj playing well right now! 240 should be a very good score here, because the pitch is looking like improving! If Dhoni & Pathan fire here, then 260-70 could be reachable too!

Why should 240 be a good score if the pitch is improving? That would suggest that West Indies would go to a rollicking victory.

The pitch is keeping a bit low and I think India's position now is just a result of accurate bowling by the Windies bowlers and bad batting by the Indians.

Let's see what Dhoni can do. He's due for a big innings as much, if not more, than Lara.

Dhoni's innings came on easy track's, all he had to was to concentrate.

I don't think Dravid learnt from his mistakes. Again Raina was sent no.3, when the team was under pressure. You will need Kaif at that time because he wouldn't mind staying there, and playing those dot balls. Raina is an aggressive young lad, asking him to come at no.3 when you have better options is stupidity.

cricket_lover said:
Dhoni's innings came on easy track's, all he had to was to concentrate.

I don't think Dravid learnt from his mistakes. Again Raina was sent no.3, when the team was under pressure. You will need Kaif at that time because he wouldn't mind staying there, and playing those dot balls. Raina is an aggressive young lad, asking him to come at no.3 when you have better options is stupidity.

totally agree, although Dravid wants to develop raina into a no 3 batsmen

I was more frustrated than anything else by India's performance, today. Sure, West Indies bowled very well. But they were only allowed to get on top of India because of the way we played them. Our batting line-up has shown its quality against other, tougher opposition, but we have also shown, in the past, what happens when we allow opposition bowlers to dictate terms.

Dravid and Raina were two examples of this, and as it came right at the start, it had an even worse effect on the overall temperament of the innings. I don't see the Indians winning this one. With Sarwan in the form he is in, he will only need a decent start from Gayle and another of the batsmen to support him, to canter home, here.

The sluggishness of this tour from the Indians so far reminds me of the Asia Cup we participated in a few seasons back, where everyone was playing in slow motion. And there are other irritants too, such as the fact that Virender Sehwag is, after 6-some years in competitive international cricket, too lazy to ground his bat properly while running.

217/7! Now, we need a very good start, like 3 wickets in the first 10 overs, because the new ball should do more damage! India's chances are bleak, but I think India will pull out something special here!

Very very disappointing from the Indian team! 217-7 is not at all a good score and this puts West Indies right in front at Lara's home ground. These games, Lara hasnt fired but he will fire anytime and that will hurt the Indians really bad!

Yuvraj and Kaif played really really well. Yuvraj looked to be struggling with his back (he was obviously played to save India from a series defeat!) but he bats like a champion these days. He is in the form of last three lives now!

Kaif too played brilliantly (am not a gr8 fan of him, but got to say he did so well as usual for this series). Dhoni too played a useful knock but he struggled to find the boundary in the final overs. The last ball was comical, going for a big shot, getting it on his thigh, not looking good for a hitter like Dhoni!

Tell me, what was the use of sending Agarkar ahead of Powar and Bhajji? When was the last time Agarkar played a big hitting innings? Powar had scored a 50 in recently concluded England series and Bhajji too played some good knocks of 37 odd in the same England series. Agarkar wasted 4 valuable balls where had Powar or Bhajji scampered a single off one ball from that 4, Dhoni would have got three more balls to face!

Anyways, ardently praying for an Indian win! But I feel West Indies deserve to win this series for the way they have played so far! As usual, India's poor run abroad continues......

Users who are viewing this thread