India in the West Indies

Another good performance by the Windies setting them a relitively low target, even though the pitch doesn't seem great. A good start for either side will give them a big chance of winning. I think the Windies should win comfortably though.

sohummisra said:
I don't. I think we deserve to lose this series, I would prefer we lose it 4-1 so we can leave our bubble.

That would be bad. It can also shatter the confidence of the team in a big manner. Even though our batting has been poor this series, we have fought well through our bowling and fielding to get all the games as close as it has been! We should have won the second ODI and we were unlucky to lose it. A 3-2 series loss itself will burst our bubble, yet keep us from losing our confidence!

saisrini80 said:
Tell me, what was the use of sending Agarkar ahead of Powar and Bhajji? When was the last time Agarkar played a big hitting innings? Powar had scored a 50 in recently concluded England series and Bhajji too played some good knocks of 37 odd in the same England series. Agarkar wasted 4 valuable balls where had Powar or Bhajji scampered a single off one ball from that 4, Dhoni would have got three more balls to face!
I don't think it would have done too much. It would be akin to blaming the 2nd ODI loss on Yuvraj and the third on Dravid. The structure of our innings sucked, and did not lend itself to making a good total.

saisrini80 said:
That would be bad. It can also shatter the confidence of the team in a big manner. Even though our batting has been poor this series, we have fought well through our bowling and fielding to get all the games as close as it has been! We should have won the second ODI and we were unlucky to lose it. A 3-2 series loss itself will burst our bubble, yet keep us from losing our confidence!
Going into the 4th ODI, either team could have been up 3-0. Our performance in this game, so far, tells me that West Indies has dominated us, so far, and our victory in the 1st ODI could also have been the Windies hard done by. We should do better in the test matches, when we don't have to face 5 slower balls an over, and we have a classy player like Laxman back in the side. Marlon Samuels will not be nearly as effective in test cricket as he has been in this ODI series, I feel.

sohummisra said:
I don't think it would have done too much. It would be akin to blaming the 2nd ODI loss on Yuvraj and the third on Dravid. The structure of our innings sucked, and did not lend itself to making a good total.

Going into the 4th ODI, either team could have been up 3-0. Our performance in this game, so far, tells me that West Indies has dominated us, so far, and our victory in the 1st ODI could also have been the Windies hard done by. We should do better in the test matches, when we don't have to face 5 slower balls an over, and we have a classy player like Laxman back in the side. Marlon Samuels will not be nearly as effective in test cricket as he has been in this ODI series, I feel.
Well said.
The structure of the batting line-up is terrible. I don't think Dravid opening the innings will prove to be positive in the long run. Sending Raina was a suicide. Sending Kaif three down was another mistake.

When Indian score was low, it was the ideal situation to send Pathan up the order, and get some momentum. DOn't send Pathan was someone is attacking up there. Its just a waste.

Its a big wake-up call for India. I don't think this team can do wonders in WC07, as of now. You'll need stability, a structured line-up backed up by powerful hitting bowler batsmen down the order.

Boy, that was a huge SIX from Gayle! India are probably on the track of getting one of their worst ODI losses in recent times.

If India lose, it would be hell.
I hardly expect India to do well in test, as they do not have enough material in the team.

I only hoped that they can win the ODI's, however, by the look of it, it seems like my hopes were given a royal flush!

If you expect that the West Indies have too much material in the tests, either, I would daresay you are wrong. The West Indies medium pacers are good bitpart bowlers for ODI games, because they can keep it tight. When it comes to Test cricket, however, the batsmen are willing to wait out as long as is required, and I believe the West Indies bowlers are not good enough to take 20 wickets with consummate ease.

Also, India are going to lose this one.

I expect India to win the test series. Remember there is a certain Kumble to come back, and on these slow and low pitches, he will cause some problems as the days wear on. The likes of Dravid will be hard to get out, and all in all India should be pretty strong in the test series.

Funny how 1 Odi series defeat and suddenly India are rubbish again... yet before this they were going to win the World Cup. It is inevitable in the one day arena that at some stage luck will catch up with you, for Indias sake better it is now in a pointless (my opinion only) Odi series in the Caribbean than in the World Cup.

sohummisra said:
If you expect that the West Indies have too much material in the tests, either, I would daresay you are wrong. The West Indies medium pacers are good bitpart bowlers for ODI games, because they can keep it tight. When it comes to Test cricket, however, the batsmen are willing to wait out as long as is required, and I believe the West Indies bowlers are not good enough to take 20 wickets with consummate ease.
Well, Indian team is all full of stroke makers, exception being Dravid.
I also feel nice that Raina has been selected in Test squad, as I feel he is test material.
sohummisra said:
Also, India are going to lose this one.

Oh no!
I betted all my money, well,there is about 2 more hrs left. :upray

puddleduck said:
Funny how 1 Odi series defeat and suddenly India are rubbish again... yet before this they were going to win the World Cup. It is inevitable in the one day arena that at some stage luck will catch up with you, for Indias sake better it is now in a pointless (my opinion only) Odi series in the Caribbean than in the World Cup.
They aren't rubbish--they are just playing without any application whatsoever. This has been a recurring problem for Indian cricket--the inability to get all departments working together at a decent level.

Powar introduced into the attack, and this will be an important stage in the game. I will expect Lara to go after him.

sohummisra said:
They aren't rubbish--they are just playing without any application whatsoever. This has been a recurring problem for Indian cricket--the inability to get all departments working together at a decent level.

Powar introduced into the attack, and this will be an important stage in the game. I will expect Lara to go after him.

I don't actually think they are rubbish at all. I think they are a very good Odi side, and a fairly decent test side, but a fair few views, not necessarily all from this board, now seem to be implying India are in some sort of crisis :rolleyes:

puddleduck said:
I don't actually think they are rubbish at all. I think they are a very good Odi side, and a fairly decent test side, but a fair few views, not necessarily all from this board, now seem to be implying India are in some sort of crisis
I didn't mean to suggest that you said they were rubbish. I meant to say that you may have misinterpreted a few views on this forum. I don't know about your other acquaintances, though.

sohummisra said:
I didn't mean to suggest that you said they were rubbish. I meant to say that you may have misinterpreted a few views on this forum. I don't know about your other acquaintances, though.

True, Indian team tends to become disorganised.

However, recently, Indian team has been a well organised unit.It disspoints me that they have returned to their meandering ways in this series.

Chris Gayle's dismissal evens things out a bit, but I'd still be a petrified Dravid with Lara at the crease. This is where they need to squeeze the runs, something they have not been horribly good at, earlier in this series. Squeezing the runs will create pressure to play stupid shots, which could bring India back into the game.

PS: It's fun being an impulsive Indian fan. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread