India in the West Indies

One more comment before I resign to my bed to watch the ending of this ODI match. What was most infuriating was the pathetic way in which India handled the spinners. I think the two things that killed the Indians were that they were, ironically, 1. giving the spinners too much respect and 2. playing too straight. A few shots to the left or right would have added a few valuable singles to the total (such as a sweep shot!).

Essentially, all the spinners were doing was bowling yorkers. Samuels was bowling the odd faster delivery at Irfan Pathan speed. India needed to take the impetus, much like Lara is doing now against Powar.

I cant see India winning from this position! I would bet all my money right now on a West Indian victory. India dont deserve to win this match. The ground fielding today has been poor (Sehwag!! YUCK!).

This is very disappointing to watch. Absolutely no idea for Dravid to latch on to now. He is going through a very tough test of character! Lara is due for an innings and here it almost is!!!

Congrats to the West indies for a series win!

Lara's batting brilliantly at the moment, playing the spinner without a problem. I expect the Windies to win this at a canter.

West Indies have done it! 3-1 series win with a match in hand. Congratulations to them on keeping the wood over India and taking their first series win in 22 months excluding the Zimbabwe series. Bravo performed a all round effort with bat and ball while Lara finally hit some form as expected.

Wah! This is a big blow to the Indian team. I guess we need to wait for more time before passing a verdict on guys like Dhoni, Raina and Pathan. Dhoni batted OK today but not the usual Dhoni you see in the subcontinent. Raina has had an awful series and so did Pathan, whose form has been the biggest wound for India this series.

Bravo West Indies! They have done so well. The tests are going to be a lot tougher now. And I dont expect India to win the test series. Even though the Windies might not have the firepower to take 20 wickets, I think the Indians might also not have the firepower to take 20 wickets and win a test match!

YAY WEST INDIES.

Whats wrong India, many were saying and thinking (including me) that you may of been the best ODI side going around. Looks like your out of that frame now until you can sort it out. Its not like the firt win was comfortable, that could of easily been the West Indies.

Wow! West Indies beating India like this could be a turning point in their game, atleast I hope it is. So much for India being the best new ODI side. Even I was starting to believe that.

Congrats to the WI for winning the tight odi series, it could have gone either way in the last 3 odis excluding this game, but it happens, the Indian team is shattered and so am I, it must have dented their confidence, but it might also improve India. I dont think Dravid should open, Pathan is far too expenisve, but also a bit unlucky, I think India missed Sachin big in this odi series. Our feilding was'nt that good this match and we did not play to our potentiol, I thought like India did many times before, India can come back, but this time they could'ent, it happens.

I think Dhoni should bat at number 3 or open, I also think we need Kumble back in the odis, he would have been very useful, and maybe bring Balaji or Zaheer back too.

I do not expect India to win the test matches.

Last edited:
Yes we win a highly anticipated series!!! Lara has hit form, hope windies can carry this into the tests. Will be there at beasejour!!!!!!!!!

irottev said:
YAY WEST INDIES.

Whats wrong India, many were saying and thinking (including me) that you may of been the best ODI side going around. Looks like your out of that frame now until you can sort it out. Its not like the firt win was comfortable, that could of easily been the West Indies.

Every team loses matches. Didnt Australia lose out in a VB Series tournament and failed to qualify for the finals??? The Indian team would be wise if they treat this as an opportunity to put their feet back down on earth and move forward!

Surprising news -
Agarkar's exclusion for the tests shocks Greg Chappell. Dravid and team

I mean, what the hell? If the team management wants a player, then he should obviously be retained. Greg and Dravid must have voiced their opinion during the teleconferrence meeting for the selection of the test squad. I feel this is stupid when the team management wants a player and the selectors reject it? Havent heard of this before!

rocklara said:
Yes we win a highly anticipated series!!! Lara has hit form, hope windies can carry this into the tests. Will be there at beasejour!!!!!!!!!

You guys are in for an even better time in the test matches. Our Indian side is not good in the test matches and the fact that they will be playing abroad and also you guys are expected to do us no favors by having lively wickets in some of the venues, is going to make the task really uphill for India to win the test series.

Indiangod said:
Congrats to the WI for winning the tight odi series, it could have gone either way in the last 3 odis excluding this game, but it happens, the Indian team is shattered and so am I, it must have dented their confidence, but it might also improve India. I dont think Dravid should open, Pathan is far too expenisve, but also a bit unlucky, I think India missed Sachin big in this odi series. Our feilding was'nt that good this match and we did not play to our potentiol, I thought like India did many times before, India can come back, but this time they could'ent, it happens.

I think Dhoni should bat at number 3 or open, I also think we need Kumble back in the odis, he would have been very useful, and maybe bring Balaji or Zaheer back too.

Zaheer might be given a look in the next time in the ODI's since he is doing well in county cricket (that is, if Greg has no problems with him!). Balaji too might be given a chance. He is out of the team only because of injuries. He was bowling well before he got down to injury. The fast bowling department needs experience.

Can India salvage pride by winning the final game at Trinidad? Now we dont have the pressure of winning or losing the series. Its decided. Hope India now work really hard and salvage pride by winning the final ODI! I want Sehwag and Dhoni to smash the hell out of those lolly pop bowling of Samuels and Gayle!

Travelling DeadBeats!!!

saisrini80 said:
Every team loses matches. Didnt Australia lose out in a VB Series tournament and failed to qualify for the finals??? The Indian team would be wise if they treat this as an opportunity to put their feet back down on earth and move forward!

Losing to this West Indies side is Unacceptable for a team labelled one of the best ODI outfits. Same old story, take them (Indian Team) out of the Sub-continent and they become a shadow of their former selves.

saisrini80 said:
Agarkar's exclusion for the tests shocks Greg Chappell. Dravid and team[/URL]I mean, what the hell? If the team management wants a player, then he should obviously be retained. Greg and Dravid must have voiced their opinion during the teleconferrence meeting for the selection of the test squad. I feel this is stupid when the team management wants a player and the selectors reject it? Havent heard of this before!

WTF has Agarkar ever done in Tests to be so Shocked. I would have been shocked if he had been selected.

saisrini80 said:
You guys are in for an even better time in the test matches. Our Indian side is not good in the test matches and the fact that they will be playing abroad and also you guys are expected to do us no favors by having lively wickets in some of the venues, is going to make the task really uphill for India to win the test series.
Of course, you are in for a much better time, we happen to be one of the worst "tourists", last time we won outside the sub-continent was when most posters on this board weren't even born.

saisrini80 said:
Zaheer might be given a look in the next time in the ODI's since he is doing well in county cricket (that is, if Greg has no problems with him!). Balaji too might be given a chance. He is out of the team only because of injuries. He was bowling well before he got down to injury.

Screw Zaheer, Balaji, Pathan, Munaf Patel, and VRV. Don't see anybody become the next Michael Holding or Marshall, or even a Second-Tier fast bowler like Darren Gough or Merv Hughes.

s2sschan said:
Screw Zaheer, Balaji, Pathan, Munaf Patel, and VRV. Don't see anybody become the next Michael Holding or Marshall, or even a Second-Tier fast bowler like Darren Gough or Merv Hughes.
I love that man. You're 100% right! I agree with you! People in India are crazy about Pathan and saying that he's next Akram. But I swear that kid isn't even a better bowler than Bravo. Pathan is an off spinner in my opinion. He got nothing special. He can't bowl with pace, doesn't get much bounce and nothing special. He was good when he first came but now he's like one of the worst bowler in my opinion. He sucks! Anybody could smack the **** out of Pathan. He's only good on green pitches as any other fast bowler.

Indiangod said:

I agree with you! Dravid missed the trick today. Instead of sending Raina he should have tried Dhoni by sending him on number 3 today. He always performs there. You never know he could have scored hundred today and put India in good position. He could have blown away WI bowlers. Why the hell didn't Rahul send him on number 3? :mad 218 was always easy to chase.

To take a positive out of this for India is that it's better to lose and learn your lessons now then to lose in a years time when the WC is held. Congratulations to West Indies, they have performed unbelievabley well and have shown to the world that they will be the darkhorses in the WC and its good to see all players in the team firing. Perhaps this could be the revival of the great Windies team which wasn't present in the last decade. People are really being too harsh on India by saying this is unacceptable by a side to lose to West Indies. West Indies may be ranked 8th in the World, but they were the team that won the Champions Trophy right? This West Indies team looks much more convincing with Lara in charge and he also needs to be applauded for his captaincy.
I would back India to win the test series though with the depth they have and really the Windies bowlers are much more suited to the ODI's. The batsman's for the Windies have to do a masssive job to clinch the test series.

P.S Loved that Lara over off Harbajan where he smashed the 2 fours and a 6 :D

Users who are viewing this thread