India in the West Indies

ZoraxDoom said:
Actually, I never wanted Dravid as skipper, and also felt that Ganguly shouldn't have been dropped after making those scores in his latest test.

Its amazing the way we all get our hands on necks of indian skippers/ coaches just after losing a series!

come on people, try controlling yourselves.It's bad already that India lost, no need to grumble things like above!

blackleopard92 said:
Its amazing the way we all get our hands on necks of indian skippers/ coaches just after losing a series!

come on people, try controlling yourselves.It's bad already that India lost, no need to grumble things like above!

Also looses and victories are part of the game!!!!
This emotional sort of things not onl happens for India but generally for Asian countries like Ind,Pak and SL.

1)Its a terrible thing when Ranathunga was taken out of the team aftr 99WC for the reason SL didnt qualify.... infact they were performing good before WC!!!

2)These emotional things are quite a usual happening in Pakistan!!!!

3) I still remeber during WC2003, India aftr loosing in prelim rounds to Aussies..... Stones flied over the player's house.... Ganguly's photo was burnt and also carried like taking it to grave!!!!

I really dont understand any logic here.....
winning means they will be praise like anything....
loosing means they will be scolding like anything....

:noway

I don't think anyone here is whining or attacking the Indian management for the loss.

I'm pretty sure we all have important things to do, cricket is mere entertainment, nothing else. So i don't know why people are taking things so seriously.

There is nothing wrong in analysing the loss. So far...its just been constructive criticism, either from me or other members. Please don't make a big fuss about it.

Btw, why a 2 day match? I think the test series is a bit stuffed up, not much time for the first test.

blackleopard92 said:

I'm serious! I didn't want him when he was first apopointed. I though he was poor in the first few series we lost. When we beat Sri Lanka, he seemed decent, but against RSA, England and here, he was back to being very poor. He gets pressured easily, isn't creative, and can't fire up a team with passion and emotion. He is like Ricky Ponting skippering wise, and I think Ponting is the worst captain in International cricket today.

Lets see. Now Dravid has a test series in West Indies and an ODI series in North America against West Indies again! His captaincy is going to be severely tested now what with the Windies doing so well. If Windies continue their good show and have the hold over India, the selectors and the board wont take lot of time to have a re-think on his captaincy!

Anyways, as of now, its wise to back Dravid and encourage him!

Why? I mean, its not like he is reading this site and caring if we support him or not...

Captaincy may have affected our performance, but the reason we lost is because West Indies played better than us in all departments. Our batsmen simply did not provide the required support for our bowlers. Indeed, a 2-day warm-up match is weird. I was unsure whether it was actually a 2-day match or a typo. Is it a 2-dayer??

and captaincy reflects on tactical decisions, and I think that draivd is the best when it comes to tactical decisions

rocklara said:
But what had gone wrong with India? Lara spoke about excessive cricket being one of the reasons but added that the main difference had been the absence of one man. "I think the West Indies team is a better one-day team than this Indian team. Sachin Tendulkar will make a difference in any series. He is such a key player. He wasn't there for the Super Series and we lost everything. He has over 300 ODIs and is the best batsman in the world."

Here are a few Lara quotes after the series, where he confirms Sachin as the best...

One series victory against an established opposition and West Indies have become a better ODI team than India??? It might be compliments for the team from Lara, but I dont think he really means it. This Indian team has beaten Sri lanka, Pakistan, England and drawn with South Africa. One bad series doesnt mean they fall below the Windies.

Anyways, Sachin's absence surely did affect India. His presence in the dressing room, his words of support for the younger players, his presence which re-vitalises the players to perform at their best all are there!

blackleopard92 said:
I am waiting to see munaf patel bowl in test matches.HE was really bowling well in subcontinent.

Munaf can succeed in the test matches in any part of the world. If he has the patience to bowl on Indian wickets (like he did against England), he is bound to succeed in other countries. He should play instead of Sreesanth in the tests (if India need to go in with just two pacers)

saisrini80 said:
Munaf can succeed in the test matches in any part of the world. If he has the patience to bowl on Indian wickets (like he did against England), he is bound to succeed in other countries. He should play instead of Sreesanth in the tests (if India need to go in with just two pacers)
Can't drop Sreesanth brother, he's got tremendous spirit. Harbhajan has had a hard time outside India. I would still go with 4 Pacers + Kumble, Agarkar being the fourth pacer.

Dravid is not the problem here. The batting just wasn't good enough in the matches. The bowling seemed reasonable considering there are a few new young guys in there. APparantly the fielding wasn't good enough either.

Bhajji has troubled the WI to some extent. I would go ahead with 3 pace attack and two spinners.
This 5-bowler thing still doesn't convince me...

Users who are viewing this thread