India in the West Indies

VRV Singh has hardly had a start to his career. All he played were two ODIs matches against England when he was injured. I think that is too little to judge him by. He may get a chance in this series depending on injuries and form.
cricket_lover said:
Yea. Kumble is a potential danger for WI on these tracks. I don't know why he bowled just 9 overs.
Because it was a practice match whose result didn't matter. They didn't want to fatigue Kumble, and they didn't want the West Indies team staff to get an extra chance to look at him and how he bowled, in preparation.

VRV was unstoppable at the BSNL EurAsia cup here in Abu Dhabi a while back. 2 five-wicket hauls, including one where he and RP bowled unchanged to bowl UAE out for 70 in 15 overs defending 194!! His only bad game was in the final, where he got walloped for 77 off his 10 overs...

Same here, but there are people saying that VRV's performance has not looked good. None of the practice matches were telecasted, I think.

ZoraxDoom said:
VRV was unstoppable at the BSNL EurAsia cup here in Abu Dhabi a while back. 2 five-wicket hauls, including one where he and RP bowled unchanged to bowl UAE out for 70 in 15 overs defending 194!! His only bad game was in the final, where he got walloped for 77 off his 10 overs...
yeah , he was
i too saw that game

VRV Singh didn't play the ODI's. He was not selected for the ODI's. RP Singh was selected for the ODI's and didn't do too well.

I know the series you are talking about. The 5 wicket a piece to RPS and VRV.

Like i said, he isn't a failed entity. Rather he is an un-proven entity, same with RPS. Sreesanth has a decent start though, and MP impressed in the England test series. Instead of having VRV in the side-lines, he should get back to work in India or may be a stint in England.

blackleopard92 said:
I am talkin about prev series.

any find on who has been named?I am unaware of current happenings

what?

for your information, the BSNL EurAsia Cup was played after the Abu Dhabi matches where India and Pakistan played (the charity matches for the earthquake victims) and that was the last series before India played West Indies in the recently concluded 5 match series.

VRV performed extremely well in the EurAsia Cup which has led the selectors to pick him for the test matches against the West Indies. He is not bound to get a game here in the Windies but it should be a good experience for him as this will be his first tour with the national team outside the subcontinent!

I feel a reasonably quick bowler should be the spearhead for India in future and that too, for ODI's. Munaf was very poor in the recent ODI series vs West Indies. His pace was really lethargic (seems like he was instructed by 'someone' to bowl slower). Sreesanth has good pace but a genuine quick bowler on one end can cause problems and create pressure for the other bowler to exploit. I dont see Irfan being the Indian spearhead forever! He doesnt possess the pace to pose questions to the batsmen! He is at best, a one change bowler!

Last edited:
I always thought Zaheer as a spearhead, despite his not-so-great performances in few matches. He's still 26 or 27, and i'm sure he'll make a come-back.

Munaf Patel doesn't seem to be enjoying the ODI version that much. RPS is completely un-proven. The thing is, you do not want too much talent in the dressing room. Either have it on the field or send the talent back.

It'll just create more and more confusion. If you draft someone into the squad, give hime a chance. I felt VRV deserved one, after Pathan's poor show in the ODI series.

Lets see if he can impress Dravid and Chappell.

saisrini80 said:
what?

for your information, the BSNL EurAsia Cup was played after the Abu Dhabi matches where India and Pakistan played (the charity matches for the earthquake victims) and that was the last series before India played West Indies in the recently concluded 5 match series.

VRV performed extremely well in the EurAsia Cup which has led the selectors to pick him for the test matches against the West Indies. He is not bound to get a game here in the Windies but it should be a good experience for him as this will be his first tour with the national team outside the subcontinent!

I feel a reasonably quick bowler should be the spearhead for India in future and that too, for ODI's. Munaf was very poor in the recent ODI series vs West Indies. His pace was really lethargic (seems like he was instructed by 'someone' to bowl slower). Sreesanth has good pace but a genuine quick bowler on one end can cause problems and create pressure for the other bowler to exploit. I dont see Irfan being the Indian spearhead forever! He doesnt possess the pace to pose questions to the batsmen! He is at best, a one change bowler!

If you saw the A -side tournament VRV was slower than even RPS.

I dont know from where people get that VRV is fast (or even fast medium) for that matter.

I saw him in theRajsthan match,2 ODI's against ENgland and in the entire Euroasia Cup he was hardly fast.

Max he gets to 85 mph and average somwhere near 82.Now if thats fast God save India.

Agarkar is by far the most consistently fastest Indian bowler clocking 85 mph consisitently its hisslower balls that makes his average close to 84.

Infact in the WI ODI series he clocked 89 mph 4 or 5 times.

VRV Singh bowled a few balls at 150 Kmph in the EurAsia series. I know as I saw every match live. Every one. Almost every delivery. RP was quicker when they both started their spells, but VRV gets progressively faster and faster. He is more of a rhythm bolwer, like Munaf. RP has the burst of energy in him.

Users who are viewing this thread