India in the West Indies

Not looking good. Kumble is gone now.

It'll require a huge effort from the bowlers to keep us in the game.

saisrini80 said:
Sreesanth and Kumble giving some respectability to this Indian total. 221/7 looks much better.

Still anything less than 300 and India would definitely be lagging behind and would need to bowl really well. West Indies are playing at home and after a reosunding 4-1 ODI series win. They are the confident team and we're not.

But I am extremely satisfied with Kumble's batting so far. Even against England in the recent test series, he batted brilliantly. Sreesanth is showing some resilience here. Hope they can get India to 275+ and then look for 300

Why is it that the batsmen are always blamed for the debacle? Why cant a wrong prediction from the captain who won the toss be held as the reason for the mishappenings?

Tendulkar is also used to having the same problem - playing out balls meant playing himself in. And that was what used to undo him in his last few test innings.
Why blame the captain? Its the batsmen who put India in a bad position!
Poor shot selection cost them their wickets.

I think Dravid did the right thing, going for 6 batsmen and four bowlers, exactly what most teams out there do.

If the batsmen fail, why blame the captain?

Kumble gone as well, 221/8. Lets see if they can get to 250 but its advantage WI for now.

WTF is wrong with this team? Stupid cricket!!!!!!!!! this score sucks!!!!! I bet this series will end like this....West Indies Win the Test series 2006 2-1! I bet! India are as same as Sri Lanka. They only can win at home and outside they're the poorest team ever. They beat pakistan in pakistan coz that series was fixed. and beat england coz actually that wasn't even Team England, that was England A team. INDIA SUCKSSSSSS!!! I hate them!

So ends the great Indian revival? Perhaps too soon to tell.

India could be in big trouble with such a small score. Gayle made more runs than what India have got now on this same ground so thats gotta be a worry for them.

Can't believe India left out Pathan, big call which hasn't paid off right now as Pathan could have hit a 50.

cricket4life said:
WTF is wrong with this team? Stupid cricket!!!!!!!!! this score sucks!!!!! I bet this series will end like this....West Indies Win the Test series 2006 2-1! I bet! India are as same as Sri Lanka. They only can win at home and outside they're the poorest team ever. They beat pakistan in pakistan coz that series was fixed. and beat england coz actually that wasn't even Team England, that was England A team. INDIA SUCKSSSSSS!!! I hate them!
go keep your hatred at your home.

May be you can play for the Indian team, and score a hundred, and then talk.

Its a disappointing score indeed but give credit where it belongs. WI, especially Bravo and Collymore bowled well, and it was a low-confident Indian team playing poor shots. I'm sure we'll see a much better performance in the future but its high time we (Indian team) back our own potential.

Its all about that psychological advantage.

Its good to see westindies making a ComeBack............but i think india is helping them too much by playing some poor cricket....

aussie1st said:
India could be in big trouble with such a small score. Gayle made more runs than what India have got now on this same ground so thats gotta be a worry for them.

Can't believe India left out Pathan, big call which hasn't paid off right now as Pathan could have hit a 50.

or could have been out for 4 or 5 runs leaving the team in almost the same position that it is now!

kelvinismyname said:
Its good to see westindies making a ComeBack............but i think india is helping them too much by playing some poor cricket....

i have to agree! india is playing awful cricket here!

we need our seniors like sachin and saurav back! this cricket tour is going to louden the chants of "Bring back Saurav" even more!

cricket_lover said:
go keep your hatred at your home.

May be you can play for the Indian team, and score a hundred, and then talk.

Its a disappointing score indeed but give credit where it belongs. WI, especially Bravo and Collymore bowled well, and it was a low-confident Indian team playing poor shots. I'm sure we'll see a much better performance in the future but its high time we (Indian team) back our own potential.

Its all about that psychological advantage.

I agree! The team needs backing from their supporters.

Can anyone tell why Pathan was dropped...?????
By the way i just saw the scorecard...its a bad performance!!!! Bravo got 4 wicktes.... i didnt see the match... So can anyone tell me, did Bravo used the slow ball tricks?????

Just have to wait and see how the West Indies bat on this pitch and how well the Indian bowlers bowl. If it is a pitch which really suits the seamers then Windies will be looking for about 250 and try to accumulate some sort of lead. By the post of some people here, they think India are totally out of this test. Must remember test matches consist of 5 DAYS and not 1 DAY, Windies have comfortably won the 1st day but it could all change in the remaining days of the test.

Bravo is the man again, fine bowling by the youngster and is one of my most fabourite players going around. Could this be the revival of Windies cricket after a decade of dissapointing performances?

cricket4life said:

India poor away from home? partially correct but remember they did draw against Australia in Australia a few years back

Really majority of your posts have been immature and just plain ridiculous. (Seems like another 12 year old on the forum who has no idea) Just because a team is struggling, it doesn't mean that people should look down on them. Take a look at Bangladesh and Sri Lankan supporters, they don't have the winning record like India or Australia but they still back the team. I guess you are actually the one that "sucks" with your ridiculous posts.

The match isn't over yet. I think some of you might be over-reacting a bit. Lara reckons it's a 200 pitch so there is still hope.

Ideotic decision to drop worlds no.12 and no,22 bowler for a novice who hasnt even 50 FC wickets.

3 bowlers who should have been in surety in the team are actually out of it ,was it supposed to be a joke or an experiment ?????

Teams must pick thier best bowlers irrespective of the pitch ,form and all that.

Infact Pathan looked better than Sreesanth and Munaf in the ODI series.

Batting first was always a gamble which Dravid took and now is paying for but I wont blame him for that but what I will blame him for is that India will bowl in the 4th innings(hopefully) wiht just the one spinner.Gayle turned it appreciably in the 1st day itself.

It might be that VRV picks up 5-6 wickets but it will still remain a poor decision.

Ofcourse the match isn't over. Its an uphill task though, for the Indians.

Mind you, India are playing three very new pacemen and just one spinner. The WI batting is in quite good form, Lara, Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul all among the runs in the ODI series.

One or two good spells can make the difference but it also depends on how the pitch behaves on day two.

I think Dravid will be missing Bhajji, unless Yuvraj and Sehwag turn it on somehow.

saisrini80 said:
Why is it that the batsmen are always blamed for the debacle? Why cant a wrong prediction from the captain who won the toss be held as the reason for the mishappenings?
Because this was not an incorrect captaincy decision. It was a pathetic batting display.

ronny_kingsley said:
Batting first was always a gamble which Dravid took and now is paying for but I wont blame him for that but what I will blame him for is that India will bowl in the 4th innings(hopefully) wiht just the one spinner.Gayle turned it appreciably in the 1st day itself.
I don't think it was a gamble. I think if the Indians had played anywhere near where they are hyped up to play, they would find this pitch easy pickings. As I said earlier, they're still in ODI mode and want to chase after balls. Almost all of the dismissals have been dollies caught in the slip cordon.

The statistics are against India. In the drawn matches, the side batting first has made 500+. In the matches lost, the side batting first has made less than 275. At least this match may have a result--?

Kumble needs 87 more runs to become just the 2nd test cricketer to make 2000 runs and get 500 wickets. First of course, is Shane Warne.

Users who are viewing this thread