India in the West Indies

Inexperience of the Indian pace attack is showing itself now. Sreesanth is being carted all over the place--4 boundaries. He is becoming affected by Bravo's bowling and is basically bowling rubbish. VRV is either too nervous or too straight. He also looks lethargic. I think Irfan would have helped, of course there is no way to tell, but at least his experience may have made up for his lack of confidence.

So Sehwag has shaved his head. Interesting.

The Indians don't look like they wanna be out there. One can hardly blame them looking at their performance, but even after a wicket falls, the celebrations are not resounding. Everyone looks very low in confidence.

And thats the difference which ODI loss can make to Test series sohum.Even though they are different form of game but still the loss in ODI's are on their mind.I hope we can play well in the next few matches.

I hate to say this, but the current Indian bowling attack has to be one of the worst in the world today. Apart from Kumble, there were hardly any threatening deliveries.

Anyways herez hoping for a much better day 3 for India.

Remember, it takes 5 day to take the test match. Even if West Indies take this day, they will not have taken half of the days of this test match. Thus, anything can happen.

I think the warning bells were ringing when Dravid announced the team at the toss yesterday. It surprised everyone, and I'm sure it surprised a few players in the team, too.

Good 50 for Bravo to cap of his 4 wickets. A truely all round performance by this up and coming star. India are still in this if they can take 2 quick wickets. Ramdin can definitely bat for a while so they would need at least 2 wickets then they get to the bowlers.

sohummisra said:
I think the warning bells were ringing when Dravid announced the team at the toss yesterday. It surprised everyone, and I'm sure it surprised a few players in the team, too.
I have a feeling that Greg had more to do with that than Dravid. Although I can understand why he dropped Pathan after being smashed for 70 runs in 12 overs against a club team.

Chappell had said in an interview before match-day that India would be looking at 5 bowlers. On the day of the match, he said that India would be looking at 4 bowlers. So I think the thinking may have even come from higher up the shitline.

Sehwag just dismissed Chanderpaul--I don't think he was out. Let's wait for snick-o on that, but if it wasn't, Asad Rauf has probably got the second one wrong in the Indians favor. Snick-o doesn't give anything absolutely conclusive, but there is something that happens as the ball passes the bat. Ah well...

ZoraxDoom said:
The monk strikes! Chanerpaul edging Viru to Dhoni!
I think I'm gonna like that nickname.

@Chanderpaul decision--Actually looks like a top-class decision!

The Monk Is On Fire!

How thing have changed. Thats the exact 2 wickets they needed. Now they just need to get rid of the tail.

I hope the lead is restricted to under 100 runs. Actually, West Indies' fast runrate may back fire as it gives India the time to build a big enough lead (250+). Wishful thinking, but it may happen.

Still 4 wickets to pick up, and Bradshaw likes to hang around for long periods of time. India got to look to stifle the runs a bit, and pitch it up a bit more to Ramdin. If they can get Ramdin before stumps, the match will be poised nicely.

Off-spin doing the trick--perhaps the Turbanator could have helped the playing XI.

Last edited:
i think Munaf Patel or VRV need to bowl few overs before the end of play. WI still on top.

Users who are viewing this thread