India in the West Indies

120 runs to get and three wickets left. I think India will win this match.

Interesting how Taylor and Ramdin are playing. They've put on 18 now pretty quickly, 16 runs coming in boundaries. This will porbably end soon then :(. Cmon Windies!

Just as I thought West Indies were getting near Taylor gets out.

89 runs required and two wickets left.

Ramdin needs a hundred if Windies have any chance. It would be one of the best knocks ever if he can do it, considering the circumstances.

2 more wickets with 81 runs to win!!

this match is interesting.. if ramdin stays there with some support from the remaining three batsmen, wi can still do it...

but i back india to the hilt here! this would be a really satisfying series win if they do it. they were thrashed 4-1 in the ODI's. and the team is full of raw players who arent that experienced and matured in test match cricket. sreesanth, munaf have played just a single series before this one. jaffer came back after a long break in the england series and yuvraj and kaif arent fully experienced in test matches!

Edit: 2 fours's from Ramdin! Getting more closer..... 73 to win... This is getting exciting!

saisrini80 said:
but i back india to the hilt here! this would be a really satisfying series win if they do it. they were thrashed 4-1 in the ODI's. and the team is full of raw players who arent that experienced and matured in test match cricket. sreesanth, munaf have played just a single series before this one. jaffer came back after a long break in the england series and yuvraj and kaif arent fully experienced in test matches!

India will wrap it up! Good fight by Randin though.

Ramdin hit a six. :rolleyes: About 5 overs left, 54 runs and two wickets left.

I don't think there will be a winner today, but tomorrow will be exciting.

YESSSSS..... What an amazing win!!!!! Unbelievable!

After being bowled out for 200, I never thought India could achieve this. But to achieve this with two more days of the match still remaining, is truly marvellous stuff!

A series win after 35 years!!! Man, the Ajit Wadekar's team must be heaving a big sigh of relief! So sad, Sachin Tendulkar is not a part of this touring party. He had the most hurting moment in 1997 when his team failed to chase 120 to win a test match!! And Saurav's team came so close in 2002 when they won at Port of Spain but couldnt finish it off at this same venue, Jamaica where Hooper's team pipped them to the post!!!!

Time to pop up the champagne and celebrate!!!!

Feels so so good when India wins a series outside the subcontinent!! A truly cherishing moment. West Indies have fought brilliantly this series and deserve kudos too. Their fighting capabilities adds more weight to the hard work that India have done in this series!!!

Last edited:
For a moment I thought the great ending would come tomorrow.

Anyway in the previous Test Lara made the big mistake of not enforcing them the follow on, which eventually costed them the series.

saisrini80 said:
YESSSSS..... What an amazing win!!!!! Unbelievable!
A series win after 35 years!!! Man, the Ajit Wadekar's team must be heaving a big sigh of relief!

After 35 Years Yes, it does feel great to win in the Windies and even greater to win outside the Sub-Continent after 20 years.

saisrini80 said:
So sad, Sachin Tendulkar is not a part of this touring party. He had the most hurting moment in 1997 when his team failed to chase 120 to win a test match!! And Saurav's team came so close in 2002 when they won at Port of Spain but couldnt finish it off at this same venue, Jamaica where Hooper's team pipped them to the post!!!!

In a way I am glad we won without his contributions. India has come full circle and does not depend on him. What he does from now on will be a huge bonus. He'll get his chance in South Africa.
Unfortunately, Tendulkar was unlucky to have a very mediocre Indian team by his side, when he was at his best.

saisrini80 said:
West Indies have fought brilliantly this series and deserve kudos too. Their fighting capabilities adds more weight to the hard work that India have done in this series!!!

Yes they were a good team indeed. As a matter of fact I didn't expect this performance by them. Thought they would be a pushover. Adds a lot of credibility to India's victory.

Finally, it was "The Wall" and Anil Kumble, who made this possible. Tremendous fighter, gentleman, talented batsman, good captain, I can go on and on about him.
"The Wall" joins the exclusive small league of Batsmen who set up Series wins for India outside the Sub-Continent, the other members being Sunil Gavaskar and Dilip Vengsarkar.

Just for this "The Wall" is the Most Valuable Player for me and deserves to be the Captain as long as he wants.

His batting has been tremendous and deserves kudos. I hoped India played against a much genuine pace attack. But this attack is not that bad, they'll need some experience.

WI are a decent team, i don't go by the ICC rankings. Their batsmen are very good, and if Lara can perform more frequently, and backed up by a decent pace attack, they can be threatening force in world cricket. They are already developing into one. Its a different team than before.

India still have few problems, but for now, they are clearly the better side. With Zaheer prone to return, and Tendulkar, it'll be a much stronger test team.

Good performance by India. At least they've salvaged something from this tour.
this ain't something dude...its a series win after 35 years. A series win, no matter who the team is , is a wonderful achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread