India in the West Indies

True. In the recent past, Dravid has been the cornestone of Indian batting, especially in the tests. All due to his immense concentration.

In the recent past Dravid has contributed more to the Indian team, than the "Star" Tendulkar.

I'm sure a tennis elbow and the fact that Tendulkar is going through a spate of bad form had something to do with it.

i don't think he meant anything against Tendulkar. He's still the greatest player India has ever produced.

But Dravid has been monumental in many of Indian victories, and deserves the praise.

cricket_lover said:
He's still the greatest player India has ever produced.

Yes, that is definitely true. Unfortunately, when Sachin was at his best in the early 90s, India did not have much talent besides him.

I always believe his best is yet to come. He's just 33, atleast 3-4 in him. It'll be nice to see him in full flow, in tandem with Dravid and Sehwag.

This match is interestingly poised, its kind of similar to the one India played in 2001-02, where we failed to get 120 runs to win the test.

I hope its the other way around this time.

prarara said:
I'm sure a tennis elbow and the fact that Tendulkar is going through a spate of bad form had something to do with it.

I don't think Tendulkar is going thru a bad form. Just that his Best days are behind him. Anyways I would still pick him in the XI as he way above most of the Indian batsmen, even if he's only half as good as he was.

kodos said:
People on here are reacting as if India have already lost the test match. Remember test cricket consists of 5 days and India have lost the first day, there are still 4 more days. We've seen throughout this series, the Windies have dominated 1 or 2 days but India have bounced back by having a brilliant day or performing well in the rest of the days in the test match.

What did I say earlier :D India have easily won the second day with some outstanding bowling. 219 is a decent lead and if they can add at least another 50 more and if the pitch remains as it is, I can not see WI winning this game. Anything over 300 will be impossible unless if there are Lara magic.

prarara said:
Maybe, although only partially. Dravid's consistency has been crucial for India.

kodos said:
What did I say earlier :D India have easily won the second day with some outstanding bowling. 219 is a decent lead and if they can add at least another 50 more and if the pitch remains as it is, I can not see WI winning this game. Anything over 300 will be impossible unless if there are Lara magic.

The thing in the West Indies favour is time. Lets say India last till lunch, WI will have 8 sessions to get about 300 runs. It's not over yet, I think this match will be decided by two factors, 1) how quickly WI can bowl India out and 2) how long can the WI openers last.

jdbais said:
The thing in the West Indies favour is time. Lets say India last till lunch, WI will have 8 sessions to get about 300 runs. It's not over yet, I think this match will be decided by two factors, 1) how quickly WI can bowl India out and 2) how long can the WI openers last.
Unless the wicket eases out, time is a non-factor. The way both teams have batted on this pitch, it's not easy to get runs and it's not easy to stick in there. You can never count out Lara, and I think West Indies' three middle-order pillars: Lara, Sarwan and Chanderpaul hold the key to the match.

jdbais said:

Impossible.... You have 3 days left and we are gone over 2 and a half innings and with 1 and a half more innings left. the way the wicket is playing, west indies might have to start batting by lunch today.. i feel this wicket wont last 4 days. windies now need to get india out before 250 and hope they can chase it down. draw is out of the equation here unless rain decides to give another twist!

The pitch is a minefield by the looks of it; it would require a good innings from Lara or Sarwan for them to chase 269.

And Gayle's out on the second ball.

Last edited:
Highest chase on Sabina Park is 212 runs. This is the best chance that India has got for three decades to win a Test series in West Indies.

Angry Lara

ANGRY LARA

Man! Lara is one Angry Captain. After being beaten by an Harbhajan turner, he was applauding sarcastically at the groundsmen for preparing this wicket.
He is just mad at this wicket. I think he'll take the groundsman's head off, if Windies lose this.

He has been mad at the Windies Cricket board for not giving him fast bowlers and fast wickets. If he wins this for the Windies, it will be among his best knocks ever.

The way Bhajji is turning and bouncing, I think its in India's Pocket. I don't think the Windies will stand up to him.

Users who are viewing this thread