Story India plays West Indies in a six test match series

Who is the best batsmen in the world?

• Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Brian Lara

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Just when Dravid started to look dangerous, he was caught by Chanderpaul to a brilliand forward catch and India losses its fourth wicket on 74. Dravid goes for well played 37 and Dillon gets his first. Dravid and Ganguly shared a 44 run partnership.

Attachments

• dravid catch.JPG
    dravid catch.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 40
  • dravid out.JPG
    dravid out.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 40
  • dravid wagon.JPG
    dravid wagon.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 40
That brings Laxman to the crease and both took India safely to lunch break without any furthur damage. The scoreboard at Lunch is 111/4 with Ganguly at 34* and Laxman at 18*. The partnership between two is 37*.

Attachments

• lunch.JPG
    lunch.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 41
  • scoreboard.JPG
    scoreboard.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 42
  • batting.JPG
    batting.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the support brett, I need it alot with India in some big trouble. Huge update is coming soon with post lunch session for India so everyone stay tuned to catch the live action.

In post Lunch session Ganguly and Laxman started cautiously and tried to build a partnership and completes a 50 run partnership.

partnership4om.jpg

In the mean time Ganguly gets his 50 from 53 balls with 10 boundaries.

ganguly501as.jpg

Both the batsmen are looking in really good touch and playing some superb shots all over the ground.

Attachments

• ganguly boundary.JPG
    ganguly boundary.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 32
  • laxman boundary.JPG
    laxman boundary.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
  • laxman shot.JPG
    laxman shot.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 33
Even the luck favoured India as Ganguly is dropped by Collins to a very simple straight catch.

Attachments

• ganguly drop.JPG
    ganguly drop.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
Just when everything looked perfect for a big inning from Laxman, a fiery bouncer from Dillon hit the Laxman's gloves and went for a very easy catch at first slip for Hinds. Laxman scored well played 22 and India losses its fifth wicket for 134. Laxman shared a 60 run partnership with Ganguly.

Attachments

• laxman glove.JPG
    laxman glove.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 38
That brings Dhoni to the crease and now all depends on Ganguly to make India pass somehow 250 mark. Ganguly replied to the situation with two beautiful straight drives off collymore.

Oh! What a catch by Chanderpaul at covers and Ganguly is gone. India in big-big trouble now as it losses its sixth wicket for 158. Ganguly goes after making 70. A really good innings from him under alot of pressure to perform. But he came up well against the situation and showed many glimpses of four to five years old Ganguly with some lovely cover drives and cut shots. But he missed a well deserved hundered here.

Attachments

• ganguly catch.JPG
    ganguly catch.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ganguly out.JPG
    ganguly out.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 33
  • ganguly wagon.JPG
    ganguly wagon.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 33
Now India needs some good batting from its tail to post a decent total on the board. As Indian tail struggles to score some runs, it losses another wicket of Kumble and India is now 181/7. A good 20 runs there from Kumble.

Attachments

• kumble out.JPG
    kumble out.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 31
After Kumble Pathan gets to the crease and starts building up a partnership with Dhoni. After some close calls both survived and completed a well played 50 run partnership.

partnershipdhonipathan5jv.jpg

To break this dangerous partnership Lara brought back Bradshaw to the attack and he quickly replied the Caotain's confidence by trapping Pathan LBW and reducing India to 233/8. This decision from Steve Bucknor was controversial as the ball looked to miss the leg stump. But anyhow India losses its eightth wicket as Pathan goes for well scored 19.

Attachments

• pathan lbw.JPG
    pathan lbw.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 27
Dhoni soon followed Pathan by giving a simple straight catch at mid-on. This was fourth wicket for Collymore. Dhoni made good 39 with seven boundaries and one six which was the only one in Indian inning.

Attachments

• dhoni catch.JPG
    dhoni catch.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 29
Zaheer and Nehra took India to tea on first day without any furthur loss. India finishes the session with 265/9. A mixed session for India as they managed 154 runs and lost 5 wickets in the session. The main highlight of the session was brilliant 71 from Ganguly and a four wicket haul for Collymore. Surprisingly Lara never asked Collins to bowl during the whole two sessions.

Attachments

• india scoreboard final.JPG
    india scoreboard final.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 27
  • west indies bowling.JPG
    west indies bowling.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
  • india batting stats tea.JPG
    india batting stats tea.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 27
After the tea break Gayle starts of with first over. Thats it! Gayle bowled Nehra on the 5th ball of the over and India is all out for 265 without furthur troubling the scorers.

Attachments

• india scoreboard.JPG
    india scoreboard.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 28
Match Summary

The Indian Captain won the toss and decided to bat first on this good batting pitch. A very bad start from India as they lost few early wickets and stumbled to 78/4. Then agood partnership between Ganguly and Laxman but both failed to play big innings as Laxman went for only 22 while Ganguly made good 71 after both of them were gone India looked to struggle on 158/6. It was only due to some brave effort from Indian tail that made the Indian total look decent as the last four wickets added 105 runs to the total. For West Indies it was collymore who did the most damage with four wickets although he got some hammering from Ganguly and the tail.

Now we will take you to our spokesman Ashutosh who is accompanied by Saurav Ganguly.

Ashutosh: Hello Saurav and congratulations on your brilliant inning
Ganguly: Thank You Ashutosh
Ashutosh: Well Ganguly a very important inning for both your self and the team under alot of pressure of not performing well and losing the captaincy. So what was your mindset when you went to bat today.
Ganguly: Yeah it was really a very important knock. It feels reall good after contributing something to the team with bat. I was not playing well since last few months. So today I was foccused on just staying at the crease and runs will come. When I went to the crease India had lost three quick wickets, thereore I decided to not lose anymore wickets. Once I was set, boundaries started to flow and I got more and more confidence with each boundary. After my 50 I was playing good but sadly missed the hundred.
Ashutosh: What are your comments about new Indian Captain, Rahul Dravid?
Ganguly: Well Dravid is a really good cricketer and human being. Hope he brings the team to the levels which I was never able to achieve. We have high hopes with him and I am sure he is fully capable of fulfilling them.
Ashutosh: Thanks for your valuable time and I wish good luck in the series and hope to see some more tons coming out of your bat.
Ganguly: Thank You Ashutosh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread