India Team Discussion

Haha this is how Indian parents lose their mind when they can't blame own child for being a least capable.

Yograj Singh(Yuvi's father) said:
"I want to know what is MS Dhoni's problem with my son, he played for nation even while suffering from cancer," Yograj said hinting that Dhoni had a role to play in Yuvraj's snub for the ongoing World Cup.

"I was shocked when I learnt that Yuvraj Singh was not in the World Cup squad. If MS Dhoni is having personal issues with my son, I won't do anything, God will do justice. He (Dhoni) told the selectors that Yuvraj was not needed in the squad"

Thats really a immature Comment by a cricketer but I guess thats more of a Father's comment.

All i can say is dhoni wouldnt have wanted binny in the squad for sure, so if anyone is to blame its the one who got binny ahead of yuvi! Not that yuvi's form is great i personally would have had vijay in but yuvi is a better option than binny!

Very pathetic comment from Yograj. Yuvi must be red in this face because of such an embarrassing comment by his dad. That too, at a time when MSD and the Indian team is getting best wishes from all quarters.

--

Came across an old interview of Yograj. The man has so much angst and vengefulness inside him: I breathe through my son: Yograj Singh

I almost feel bad for Yuvraj, having to live through so much parental pressure from such a young age

What about Yograj and KapilDev?

Its in the article I posted above. Basically he says, Kapil Dev was afraid that Yograj would take his place in the team as the lead fast bowler and made sure he never played cricket against after his first Test. He goes on to say that him not playing for India again was one of the main causes of his father's death. And how when Yuvi was born, he decided to make him a cricketer and get revenge from everyone who did him wrong

Sounds very over-dramatic and filmy to me (incidentally he has acted in over 150 Punjabi films). I never found Kapil Dev to be a harsh soul who would sabotage someone else's career for his own benefit.

Yuvraj once said on Comedy Knights that he wont pray for anyone to get a father like Yograj (I know he said it in a funny manner) but No smoke without Fire.

Yuvraj once said on Comedy Knights that he wont pray for anyone to get a father like Yograj (I know he said it in a funny manner) but No smoke without Fire.

Ah yes. That's true

And there is indeed smoke there. I remember Rendezvous with Simi Grewal interview, he mentioned that when he won a gold medal for skating in school, Yograj got mad and threw his medal away and reprimanded him for not focusing on cricket (apparently considered skating a feminine sport).

Users who are viewing this thread