India Team Discussion

Not necessarily, a choke is when a team arrives into a tournament in top form and as one of the top top favourites, which is what SA were and they got beaten by a team which has a far weaker bowling attack. Just look at the way the SA were running and the way their batsmen looked hapless. They are too psychologically weak for tournament play. I've seen this a million times before. It's a choke. Get over it.
Not necessarily, a choke is when a team arrives into a tournament in top form and as one of the top top favourites, which is what SA were and they got beaten by a team which has a far weaker bowling attack. Just look at the way the SA were running and the way their batsmen looked hapless. They are too psychologically weak for tournament play. I've seen this a million times before. It's a choke. Get over it.

Lol I guess people will continue to redefine choking just to fit SA into it no matter how we lose..

It is not a choke, its a bad performance. Get over trying to label any loss by SA as a choke.

Excellent captaincy by MSD coupled with a brilliant inns from Dhawan/Rahane and a good showing by the bowlers have all but carried India in the quarterfinals.

Good work by Team India, yes SA played horridly but a good performance from the bowling lineup of the Indians!

Excellent captaincy by MSD coupled with a brilliant inns from Dhawan/Rahane and a good showing by the bowlers have all but carried India in the quarterfinals.

Good work by Team India, yes SA played horridly but a good performance from the bowling lineup of the Indians!
Finally someone praised Indian bowling and Dhoni's captaincy :yes

What a start to the world cup for India,never expected this kinda performance from men in blue.

Lol I guess people will continue to redefine choking just to fit SA into it no matter how we lose..

It is not a choke, its a bad performance. Get over trying to label any loss by SA as a choke.

This is the definition of choke, regardless of how you wana dress it up and how defensive you are with your team. It's the same reason why the Netherlands are regarded as chokers in footy.[DOUBLEPOST=1424630853][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry , Can You repeat please . :p

did you forget what happened last month? lol

This was definitely not a choke. Choking in its true form is losing from a winning position. SAF were absolutely outplayed in all departments, including fielding (which was a shocker)

As I previously mentioned that AB's wicket will lad them to choking, as we can see what happened. Only 44 runs were score with losing 6 wix wickets after that. Playing a batsman less really struggled them and then on its the men in blue who changed the game(I don't think SA were a bit also in control in the 2nd innings). Its thwe time to celebrate for and thanks to South Africans who gave us crackers!
[HASHTAG]#WontGiveItBack[/HASHTAG]

This was definitely not a choke. Choking in its true form is losing from a winning position. SAF were absolutely outplayed in all departments, including fielding (which was a shocker)

SA were the bigger favourites and the better team, they were consistently world beater before the tournament now they come here, almost get beat in their first match and then lose to India who have only one win in God knows how many months in India?

its not choking...whatever you say

the South African way of choking is not related to the status of the teams before the match begins. It is to do with pulling defeat from the jaws of victory when put under pressure. Nothing like that happened here.

And its not like SAF were playing an Associate team. India is actually ranked higher than SAF. So your theory doesnt hold any water.

Hence, NOT A CHOKE from any angle whatsoever

India should not bunch of losers at Perth vs. TAYLOR and company, 10 out 10 times India beat them in Asia but at Perth India need

some change in batting and bring back Stuart plus Patel
W.i. looks solid on paper without pollard or Dwayne bravo but if GAYLE stays til 25th. Means India has to chase 270, its too much to their last 5
Player vs. Bounce of perth.
It won't be so easy for the Zimbos to chase/defend against Indian in-form batting or bowling where the have thrashed the Pakistanis as well as the Protreas at the same tome I'm only feared that the Zimbos not to score over 225 while batingf first and India not to be less than 350 while batting first. Talking about the WI, I don't think so by beating an unpredictable team like Pakistan they will beat either of SA or us. Just a chance of a tight game is looking against the Irish. They've yet only played as game with beating men from the Caribbean and looking awesome and will most prolly Qualify for the Qfs and Sf if they meet England/Sri Lanka in semis(Don't think as the Irish men may Qualify as 3rd or 4th the their eithe have to play Australia or the Blackcaps).

Choking is not equal to losing straightaway.

South Africa has acquired the tag of chokers as they tend to throw away matches from a winning position/ they succumb in high pressure games. This was not a choke.

Although I am quite happy with the Indian performance, I do echo a few views on the QF knock-out exit as predicted for India by a few members here. My reasons for that would be:

1. Facing England in the QF could be tough
2. Lead games into QF are going to be lesser ranked teams and as such they wont have a close game
3. India have won both matches batting first. A win vs South Africa while chasing would have been sweeter

World Cup displays cricket fans' pessimism at its finest and I love it. Nothing can satisfy us.

- NZ fans are worried about peaking too early after the drubbing that was handed to England.
- England fans are worried about being too defensive after drubbing Scotland
- Indian fans are worried about two huge wins coming while batting first

The Australians seem to be the most confident

India are definite quarter finalists but I don't see them going further. They have been flattered by a mediocre Pakistan side and a typical....I hate to say this....but choking SA side.

India will lose to any of AUS, ENG and NZ.

Wow, this is unbelievable. Whoever India beats, is either a mediocre or choking side. If India win a WC final, they were flattered by a mediocre side. Well, we'll gladly take that....:rolleyes:p

Choking is not equal to losing straightaway.

South Africa has acquired the tag of chokers as they tend to throw away matches from a winning position/ they succumb in high pressure games. This was not a choke.

Although I am quite happy with the Indian performance, I do echo a few views on the QF knock-out exit as predicted for India by a few members here. My reasons for that would be:

1. Facing England in the QF could be tough
2. Lead games into QF are going to be lesser ranked teams and as such they wont have a close game
3. India have won both matches batting first. A win vs South Africa while chasing would have been sweeter

I am not particularly worried about India's chasing capabilities as we have displayed that with aplomb numerous times in the recent past. It was our ability to defend targets with our wafer thin bowling lineup that was the biggest issue and we seem to have worked on that (from the evidence of the first 2 games). Also one more thing is, India should not peak too early and so the next 4 games would be relatively lighter for India so that they do not emotionally drain themselves completely before the knockouts start. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see MSD make some lineup changes in the next 4 games to rotate his players.

Finally someone praised Indian bowling and Dhoni's captaincy :yes

And its all the more invaluable since it comes from a guy like Untouchables. :p:thumbs

I agree for once. This 'choke' word seems to be thrown out everytime SA lose a big tournament match. Had they lost to Zimbabwe in the first game, it would have again be thrown at them. Does not seem to be fair on them. They lost by 130 runs, they 'choked'. They lose by 1 run, they 'choked'.

Last edited:
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see MSD make some lineup changes in the next 4 games to rotate his players.

Agree with everything you said :)

I just hope MSD doesn't experiment too much with the lineup until we have secured a place in the QF. Cricket can be a harsh mistress, we ought to respect it.

Users who are viewing this thread