India Team Discussion

Agree with everything you said :)

I just hope MSD doesn't experiment too much with the lineup until we have secured a place in the QF. Cricket can be a harsh mistress, we ought to respect it.

I guess his changes might be minimal, mostly on the bowler's side. Our batting need not be changed and I would dare say - should not be changed much. Because as batsmen, getting that rhythm going is very important. For e.g., I wouldn't want Dhawan to miss a game from here because he is hit that sweet spot with his batting and there will be the fear that a break might disrupt that rhythm. With the bowlers, there is also the issue of over workload and so rotation would be needed there to avoid burnouts.

We have like a week off between each game so I doubt there will be any workload. Don't fix it if it ain't broke! Bowlers, like batsmen need to be in rhythm too. I like this attack of Shami, Yadav and Mohit. Shami is such a fantastic bowler when he bowls like this. Ishant's injury has been a blessing in disguise so far as Mohit has been a perfect one change for us.

We obviously need to make sure Bhuvi, Rayudu, Binny get some match practice before the knockout stage - just in case, God forbid, one of the guys in the starting XI picks up an injury. Hopefully if we are able to seal a QF spot by match no.4 then we will have some wiggle room in the remaining 2 games against IRE and ZIM.

There is a little chance in this tournament to keep the same combination until team faces a big loss fact. So MS should really look out to experiment once we get into a position from where we can not lose a spot in top 2s. Our team after the 2 games, have been in a very well balanced position as we seen different players coming out and playing the match winning roles. Except Rohit and Dhoni everyone has shown best out of them(in world cup, this one), and as the tournament progresses, I hope these to lads would find their form against the useful bowling units to come. If our batting lineup becomes more reliable, I very much doubt on Rayudu's chance. But the bowlers should really be switched for resting purpose. We can find a good time in between the fixtures up to the 4th round, and can really think of swapping the pace bowlers in the fixtures against Ireland and Zimbabwe; it'll certainly be the right time since they will be the last two games at the group stage.

Wow, this is unbelievable. Whoever India beats, is either a mediocre or choking side. If India win a WC final, they were flattered by a mediocre side. Well, we'll gladly take that....:rolleyes:p

Have I said that? You can quote me if you like.

I really don't understand why indian fans take literally everything personally, if they win the wc in australia with wins against nz or australia along the way, ill rate them as the top ODI side on the planet at this very moment. but wht have I got to rave about just yet? they lost just about everything for a period of 3-4 months, england beat them twice in back to back matches lol this is not an attack on your country or pride, its a simple statement of fact.

have they improved since the atrocious tour? yes they have, the main improvement being that dhoni is looking like a proactive captain, willing things to happen rather than sitting back and not doing anything. batsmen have come back into form but their bowling is still as average as ever and i cant see them getting past the 3 teams i listed.

I really don't understand why indian fans take literally everything personally, if they win the wc in australia with wins against nz or australia along the way, ill rate them as the top ODI side on the planet at this very moment. but wht have I got to rave about just yet? they lost just about everything for a period of 3-4 months, england beat them twice in back to back matches lol this is not an attack on your country or pride, its a simple statement of fact.

have they improved since the atrocious tour? yes they have, the main improvement being that dhoni is looking like a proactive captain, willing things to happen rather than sitting back and not doing anything. batsmen have come back into form but their bowling is still as average as ever and i cant see them getting past the 3 teams i listed.

Agreed !! !! !! QF exit on cards for Team India says ME

Kids follow in the footsteps of their mums and dads, similarly most of the Indian fans are following in the footsteps of the seniors at BCCI, taking things personally, being pompous and bullish, its a culture, so we need to be careful what we post with regards to India, so as to not upset fellow members. Similarly the fans of the Aus, Poms, SL all have their own culture and we need to respect this.

They bowled well, as a unit in the match against SA, yes the africans batted poorly and AB was to defensive in his captaincy but you have to credit Ashwin and co, and most of all Dhoni's captaincy.

I dont see them making the finals but the way they've played in their opening games thus far has all but indicated they will surely make the semis. I think most fans of India and cricket fans in general will be pleased if they made it to the semis, India wheels too much power in cricket to be shut out in the quarters, having said that I would be more than welcoming if that occurs, of course!

You better start getting used to detecting sarcasm, Sir! That line was clearly that, targeting your silly excuses that Pakistan is a mediocre side and South Africa is a choking side. Better face it or not - both these teams are highly capable and big sides coming into this tournament. Especially South Africa. Every time they lose a game in an ICC tournament, its branded a choke. And you use that as excuses to downplay India's performance.

Yes, unless we get past Australia and/or NZ in this tournament, we cannot win it and I know that. I never ever asked you to rate them a top ODI side. I dont bloody care if you rave about them or not. But with these two massive wins, India have announced their intent to the world that they are not pushovers in this tournament which they were called at the start of this tournament.

And that post of mine which you quoted, was never posted with the intent of taking it personally or seriously or as an attack against the country or whatever (seriously?). Wonder what made you think that!

Kids follow in the footsteps of their mums and dads!

Wow, would be interested in meeting yours FOR SURE! :rolleyes:yes

Last edited:
Just a humble advise, move on. Those who love Indian team, ignore haters and those who hate India, ignore us.:p Sometimes some people intend to act too annoying, you just can't help them.

wow, Indian fans are the worst. But I won't move on, I'll comment as I see fit as I'm a cricket fan. If India beat Australia or NZ or who knows, both, then yeah, I'll give them 100% credit. Right now, you can all go back to getting worked up over a comment.

Wow! I thought Pakistan team discussion thread had the worst discussion going on. However, you guys have made sure we even surpass that here. Just stop this madness and move on.

wow, Indian fans are the worst.

Judging all the fans based on a couple of comments? You sir are an absolute legend.

Last edited:
• Should India change their lineup for matches with UAE to make everyone ready or should India look to keep the balance as it is and not try experiment too much and make things confused?

• Should India rest their frontline bowlers to keep them fit or is it necessary as there is enough (perhaps too much) gap between matches?

• Would an Indian score a double hundred in World cup especially when against UAE ?

• Comments on Dhoni's good performance as a captain and not that great a performance as a finisher ?

• Whom do you think would be the best to finish the innings off with big hits ? Should Dhoni come in front of Raina against UAE to get valuable practice?
I know these are not that important ones but having such topics to talk why waste your time commenting on whether Indian fans are good or not.

Judging all the fans based on a couple of comments? You sir are an absolute legend.

Haha ! And THIS is what is wrong with the internet :D People love to hate

Sample Internet Logic:I hate romantic comedies, but I will watch them and then complain about them because I hate them.
Bottomline: My day isn't successful without a bowlful of spite with a dollop of complaining on top

wow, Indian fans are the worst. But I won't move on, I'll comment as I see fit as I'm a cricket fan. If India beat Australia or NZ or who knows, both, then yeah, I'll give them 100% credit. Right now, you can all go back to getting worked up over a comment.

Nobody got worked up. If you did not expect a counter argument to your post where you devalued India's opening two victories against Pakistan and South Africa, you were so wrong. And once I posted the counter argument, you got ignited as if people were pouncing on you. Your second post in reply to mine was where you got heated up and I replied similarly. You called Pakistan a mediocre side and South Africa a choking side. And this has been the tendency with many non-Indian fans (or to be precise, India haters) where they devalue any victory that India post, even against good sides.

Again, I never asked you to rate India as the top ODI side or give them any kind of credit. But if someone devalues good wins by India, I will argue against it. You feel I am a worst Indian fan, well you're entitled to your opinion

So India dont deserve any credit so far beating the arch rivals and the favs for the WC in back to back matches and setting the pace in the WC?

And Why because SA are called chokers? Is that your argument?

Okay Then

Users who are viewing this thread