India Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I too find it ridiculous that stars nowadays skip domestic tournaments. In a few years, people will stop playing Ranji altogether. Whatever happened to Dravid-Laxman ruling that we will ensure a player goes through the grind in order to be eligible for selection? Unsanctioned reports also stating that Bumrah will be in the side for the Irish T20 whereas Pant will be drafted into the World Cup squad. Ridiculous!

Sour grapes!

I am sorry, but I cannot believe Ambati Rayadu here. Rayudu has always been a spoilt brat- joining ICL ,announcing retirement just cause he wasn't selected. If some parts of the story are true, then Rayudu could have simply switched over to another Indian domestic side- why join the ICL?

As a matter of fact, he did. He switched to the Andhra team for a season during which he was attacked by Arjun Yadav. He returned to the Hyderabad side only after the coach changed. He left again in 2010 and only rejoined in 2017.

You can accuse of him being a brat but was it partly flamed by these incidents early on his career? It’s not easy developing in such an environment that is toxic. I’m shocked that you’re dismissing it all when the HCA is one of the most well known corrupt organisations in Indian cricket which is a feat truly remarkable in the latter. This is the same association that appointed a known fixer as President who proceeded to further ruin everything and one who still struggles to bring through exciting talent despite there being so much untapped potential. Yet again all of what I’ve said is well known, all you need is a little bit of extra theorising based on established facts to get to Rayudu’s point of view.

Let me remind you that this is Arjun Yadav, he’s played over a hundred games for an Indian domestic side despite averaging less than thirty in two formats and was also a part of the IPL despite an average of fourteen in T20s. He was also called up as cover in the Indian squad once back in 2007 when he was averaging less than twenty in List A cricket and had only six wickets to his name. How is this bloke not a product of absolute nepotism?

As for the reports of Bumrah and Pant’s return, the former will only be picked if he proves his fitness after what happened last time. Why is it ridiculous that he returns straight to the Irish T20s? He’s an established first teamer who was our best bowler when he got injured, most teams would pick such a player the moment they’re fully fit. I didn’t see England asking Archer to prove his mettle in the Blast before being considered again, I don’t think Pakistan did the same with Shaheen either (though I remember him taking the initiative to play in domestic T20s). The bilaterals exist for a reason and that is to build and test our squad for the tournaments, this is serving that function. I do think it would be silly if Pant came straight in to the WC but I’m sure that isn’t going to happen when they have two alternatives who haven’t done too bad themselves. The Dravid rule is what I was referring to, it seems like it’s been conveniently forgotten for certain players. In Kishan’s case it is even more ridiculous given he got the undeserved opportunity to be captain and still rejected the selection. This should ideally reset his test selection merits back to zero but I don’t expect Rohit to drop his fellow MI teammate who has to be the face of the team once he is gone.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why is it ridiculous that he returns straight to the Irish T20s? He’s an established first teamer who was our best bowler when he got injured, most teams would pick such a player the moment they’re fully fit. I didn’t see England asking Archer to prove his mettle in the Blast before being considered again, I don’t think Pakistan did the same with Shaheen either (though I remember him taking the initiative to play in domestic T20s).
Have you forgotten the WT20 2021? We fielded a side full of injury returns. We did that that, although in the lead up to the tournament, there were a lot many who had fixed their positions. Getting injury ridden plyers back to mainstream cricket will only hurt us. I don't care what England does with Archer (AFAIK, Archer is finished and his services to England arent probably required with the battery they have at their disposal).

For India though, why is it so hard to have Bumrah play a couple of local matches(be it anywhere in the world) This demi-God super star culture is what is killing international cricket. Just like you mention later on regarding Pant's direct inclusion being silly, let Bumrah also grind it out. The question to be asked is- whether he is match fit and in form? No point in carrying an out of form player and letting him use India as his personal practice nets.

You can accuse of him being a brat but was it partly flamed by these incidents early on his career? It’s not easy developing in such an environment that is toxic.
Agree, but in Ambati Rayadu's case, these incidents seem to happen with an alarming frequency. Perhaps, he ought to introspect his own behaviour? After being dropped from CWC15, he went on Twitter and made the 3-D tweet. Recently too, he tweeted something against Gavaskar. Rayadu shot to porminence due to his near double century on an U-19 tour of England. He expected to be treated as a superstar. When that didn't happen, he resorted to other tactics such as moving onto the ICL. Certainly not the best example for someone who is wishing to build his cricket career. No sympathies from my end!

Bevab

Staff Member
Kedar Jadhav, Karun Nair, Parthiv Patel, Jarvo 69, Suyash Sharma, T Natarajan, Jay Shah, Shivil Koushik (c) (WK), Rishabh Pant, Mukesh Kumar

That’s Kedar “Maharashtra MVP” Jadhav to you.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kedar Jadhav, Karun Nair, Parthiv Patel, Jarvo 69, Suyash Sharma, T Natarajan, Jay Shah, Shivil Koushik (c) (WK), Rishabh Pant, Mukesh Kumar
Coached by Dinda ,no doubt?
Post automatically merged:

That's the most ridiculous test side they could have picked.

Economics dictating selection, *CLEARLY*

I think it is clear that Rohit isn't keen on continuing in the longest format. Honestly, making him pla a test series against a 3rd grade nation in the year of the World Cup is absolutely bollocks. Should've let Rahane captain a new look squad here.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Coached by Dinda ,no doubt?
Post automatically merged:

I think it is clear that Rohit isn't keen on continuing in the longest format. Honestly, making him pla a test series against a 3rd grade nation in the year of the World Cup is absolutely bollocks. Should've let Rahane captain a new look squad here.
Pat Cummins' foot has resurrected Rahane's career

Bevab

Staff Member
Pat Cummins' foot has resurrected Rahane's career

Precisely.

I love Rahane but making him the vice captain after one match is already stupid after dropping him for years of mediocrity, making him the captain is just adding icing on to it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Precisely.

I love Rahane but making him the vice captain after one match is already stupid after dropping him for years of mediocrity, making him the captain is just adding icing on to it.
Probably doing what they should have done some time ago. After Kohli, he was the one to take over, but with BCCI politics, well.....

Bevab

Staff Member
Probably doing what they should have done some time ago. After Kohli, he was the one to take over, but with BCCI politics, well.....

There was no politics, his position as a batter was untenable and he was dropped. Unless we wanted to try the new ‘captain from the bench’ policy Rahane wasn’t ever a realistic option.

If I had a coin for everytime someone on social media said Gill should not open because his ‘playing style’ doesn’t suit an opener, I’d have enough money to retire comfortably.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So I was thinking the other day, what is the future of Indian Cricket post 2023 WC. Like when 2011 happened, we knew we would see some changes, 2015 happened, we knew we had a stable core except number 4, 2019 happened it was the end of a golden era but 2023 is like things are going to end ?

Who will captain? We surely cannot continue with Rohit seeing he wont be around for 2027 WC, he is 36 right now and will be 40 and he aint no Dhoni or Jayasuriya or a Gayle. Gill looks solid for the opening position. KL Rahul if can sustain form looks like a solid partner in the opening position. We have Kishan, Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Shaw and others I am surely missing, but opening looks sorted for us post 2019.

For middle order, Kohli 99% wont be around for 2027 WC as well as he will be 38 but seeing his fitness, he might just sneak in as what Dhoni did during 2019. Shreyas Iyer if he can maintain his fitness, Pandya, SKY? Will be 36 as well by the time its 2027.

Keeper would be Samson or Pant depending who stays fit and in form or neither if KL plays and if we get solid middle order batsman. For ODI's definitely we need someone like Raina or Yuvi who can give us some 5-7 overs if needed and build an innings, something we have missed since a long time.

Lower order/bowlers would be Axar, Jaddu (38 in 2027), Bumrah, Siraj, etc.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
As of yesterday there were 3 name sin the fray for the Chief Selector's post -Agarkar, Vengsarkar and Shastri.
News coming in from the Delhi Capitals is that Agarkar has left with immediate effect (so has Watson). Assuming the two articles are related!

Users who are viewing this thread