India Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As of yesterday there were 3 name sin the fray for the Chief Selector's post -Agarkar, Vengsarkar and Shastri.
News coming in from the Delhi Capitals is that Agarkar has left with immediate effect (so has Watson). Assuming the two articles are related!

Wasn't Vengsarkar already the chief selector once? Going back to Shastri also sounds poor, we need fresh blood and his team selections were extremely chaotic. Agarkar's name was the one I heard as being the favourite, I remember him leaving the Mumbai team in controversial circumstances a few years ago.

Bevab

Staff Member

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Ridiculous if they add NOC's for IPL retirees to play in overseas leagues and add cooling off period. Its like saying "we want your value as a player to significantly go down before we let you play any other league in the world".

No young Indian player will anyways retire and it is only the mid 30's and the early 40's who will retire. Those players need to keep their livelihood going until their body says "enough". For example, Suresh Raina went unsold in the IPL and does not have a contract with BCCI that pays him. He retired from internationals. If he is not allowed to play overseas leagues, you are cutting off almost all revenue streams (its another thing that Raina has not decided to play any other league YET).

I sincerely hope this does not go through or if it does, there are legal repercussions that come from it.

Bevab

Staff Member
Ridiculous if they add NOC's for IPL retirees to play in overseas leagues and add cooling off period. Its like saying "we want your value as a player to significantly go down before we let you play any other league in the world".

No young Indian player will anyways retire and it is only the mid 30's and the early 40's who will retire. Those players need to keep their livelihood going until their body says "enough". I sincerely hope this does not go through or if it does, there are legal repercussions that come from it.

It’s the NOC for coaching in India that really irks me. It’s reprehensibly anti-work and illegal.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It’s the NOC for coaching in India that really irks me. It’s reprehensibly anti-work and illegal.

Yes I saw that and it's ridiculous! It means that if the likes of Uthappa, Yusuf, Rayudu, etc. want to be involved in any sort of coaching within Indian cricket, they have to get an NOC from BCCI. Absolute bollocks! That's not how you treat your retirees. BCCI thinks they sit in this position because of the administrators. NO, they sit in that position because of the fans who watch the game. These retirees follow the rules of BCCI, give retirement notice and then play outside for their own livelihood. Would BCCI stop paying pension to these cricketers now because they play overseas leagues? This will all open a huge can of worms!!

Indian cricket very soon needs to have a player's association/union that looks after the interests of the players and stands up to the BCCI. Other countries have it. BCCI is acting like a dictator.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Wasn't Vengsarkar already the chief selector once? Going back to Shastri also sounds poor, we need fresh blood and his team selections were extremely chaotic. Agarkar's name was the one I heard as being the favourite, I remember him leaving the Mumbai team in controversial circumstances a few years ago.

Yes, he was. Prior to the Lodha reforms. I'd be quite happy with him in the seat as he was non-nonsense fellow. Ateast, the bloke had a vision then.

I get the cooling off period. When the IPL first started, the cooling off period made sense, cause a lot of cricketers could have retired and played simply in the league. I get the NOC for current players too, but for retirees? A part of me does believe this is only for leagues not directly associated with full member nations(i.e the ones that have been propped by up IPL teams like MLC and ILT20)
Wonder how long until they implement the same restrictions on women players after the success of the WPL.
Won't, the market in India isnt that big that the WPL will ever overshadow the Big Bash. The 1st season was bound to be a success. The successive ones might not. Plus, the amounts being paid to them are ridiculously low- Even the base IPL cricketer gets 3x more.
Indian cricket very soon needs to have a player's association/union that looks after the interests of the players and stands up to the BCCI. Other countries have it. BCCI is acting like a dictator.
Indian cricket needs good administrators. Binny is a joke! Shambolic- just like CK Khanna and has no say whatsoever in the workings of the board. We really need strongmen like Jagmohan Dalmiya, Bindra or even Srini who ruled with an iron hand. While these guys were dictatorial in nature, it doesnt take away the fact that their decisions were for the benefit of Indian cricket and not for the benefit of the board(as is the case with Jay Shah)

Even during the tenures of the above, matches werent awarded to Mohali, Calcutta and Chennai just cause the President hailed from there. Nowadays, even IPL franchisees are sold from the city the Jay Shah belongs to.

Such dictatorial policies of he board could ensure its downfall.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Just saw the Emerging Asia Cup sqaud- led by Yash Dhull. Is this a sign of things to come- fast tracking Dhull into the national setup as a back up to Kohli?

This squad seems to have some promising names as well- Sindhu (incidentally led a couple of games in the U-19 they won in the Caribbean), Jurel, Sudarshan, Rana and Hangargekar.

Just one question though- is this something like a U-23 team or is it an India A team? Cause the other nations seem to have a few international debutants among them already.

Bevab

Staff Member
Just saw the Emerging Asia Cup sqaud- led by Yash Dhull. Is this a sign of things to come- fast tracking Dhull into the national setup as a back up to Kohli?

This squad seems to have some promising names as well- Sindhu (incidentally led a couple of games in the U-19 they won in the Caribbean), Jurel, Sudarshan, Rana and Hangargekar.

Just one question though- is this something like a U-23 team or is it an India A team? Cause the other nations seem to have a few international debutants among them already.

As far as I know it’s an under 23 team from our side, not sure if that’s the case for the others. Without checking at the moment I remember the Bangladeshi squad being really strong.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ambati Rayudu has pulled out of MLC due to "personal reasons"

Surely due to BCCI's latest developments about adding a "cooling off period for retired cricketers before they participate in other leagues". This is horrible and an absolute dictatorship that the BCCI is trying to bring in! They better have handsome payment alternatives for players during the cooling off period. Even then, this is a total monopoly on the value of an Indian player and I hope someday this gets taken to the courts by some player (I know it will be hard, but I am sure coming generations will have more guts to take on BCCI).

Users who are viewing this thread