India Team Discussion

I think today's match makes sure that Binny & Axar won't feature in the XI for the match against Pak atleast. Yadav, Shami, Mohit, Ashwin & Jadeja might well be the bowling unit along with Raina/Rohit as a 6th bowler.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
Dhoni c wk
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Mohit
Yadav

This looks like the most balanced XI. But, Dhawan needs to perform consistently. We do not have options if he or for that matter anyone of these fails regularly.

Phew Atleast India Won Against Afghanistan The Joy Of Victory Is Joy ! Even If It is a Associate Team ;)

So you think Jadeja can handle them? I doubt so. He comes down the track often and edges one high only to get caught.

Yes, at least better than Akshar. I wanted Akshar in the final 11 as well when I saw his performance during the 2 ODI home series we had last year but the way he batted in Australia does not give me confidence of batting him at number 7. As I said in my last post, Akshar is a very good player and he is the future but his batting is simply not good enough yet to bat him at number 7. Jadeja has been in all kind of situations before and he knows how to operate in them. Jadeja's bowling is not as good as Akshar but then he can save runs with his fielding. If this world cup was in sub continent, I wouldn't mind sending Akshar at 7 but because it is in totally different conditions, I would go with someone who already has experience. That is the reason I wanted Jadeja and Dhoni to bat higher up today because they desperately need some time out in the middle.

The team that you have posted is the team that will play against Pakistan. It is sad because Bhuvi's bowling has been very ineffective lately which is a cause of concern.

Last edited:
I am with @Aalay on the Axar vs Jadeja debate. 3 reasons:

1. I feel Jadeja is much better equipped for these conditions as a batsman. Remember his counter attack against Anderson and co. in the only test that we won ? He was slapping shoulder high deliveries for boundaries down the ground. We want a finisher type batsman at no.7. Axar doesn't come across as one.

2. I agree Axar is a slightly better bowler. But even though Axar comes across as the more attacking option, Jadeja has shown this knack of picking up critical wickets and breaking partnerships. Even yesterday, he broke, what was a stable AFG partnership.

3. Experience. On a side which is already low on experience, I would rather have Jadeja in the XI. Because he has more chances of keeping a cool head and coming good in a tricky chase than Axar

PS: BJP got pwned. I am still shell shocked at how well the AAP performed. Great stuff

Good to get a big win under our belt, though it was just Afghanistan. By the way, why didn't Bhuvi bowl today? Looks like he still has some concerns and I guess he won't be used against Pakistan in our opening game. Which means, India will most likely go with Shami, Yadav and Mohit. A very vulnerable attack it is, but if its their day, they are certainly capable of winning it for us (especially Yadav and Shami).

For me, the Jadeja vs Axar debate is a no starter. Jadeja must play. Axar might seem a better spinner, but Jadeja has a lot more international experience and his batting has evolved from being a "can't clear the boundaries often" player to "can frequently hit the big sixes" player. He can provide the late innings impetus for us to score more runs. If he is fit, I will pick him along with Ashwin. The team for the Pakistan is most likely going to look like this:

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Raina
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Yadav
Mohit

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Raina
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Yadav
Mohit

That would be my team as well. I think this will be MSD's preferred team too, except maybe one of the seamers will be swapped for Binny.

If Binny was to be included he would have definitely bowled today. I think the thought of him opening the bowling has been put to rest here which is a wonderful thing for us.

If Binny was to be included he would have definitely bowled today. I think the thought of him opening the bowling has been put to rest here which is a wonderful thing for us.

Lets hope so too. I dont see the likes of Binny being of much use against a team like Pakistan and that too in conditions like Adelaide.

Ind-Pak World Cup Promotional Ad :lol

And look what Ajmal Said :p

10991495_10153043139567999_2253292185156648427_o.jpg
Image Courtesy : sportskeeda

every ind-pak match is going to make both team fans nervous, we are probably going in at one of our rusty and unsettled form this time not the best time to have these ads

Dhating Nach at a World stage. Seriously !!

Such an Awful opening Ceremony .

Users who are viewing this thread