India Team Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Shastri had a sucessful tenure as 'Director' didnt he?
He took over as director after the tests in England 2014.Below are the results of the serious played when Shastri was incharge ,he did well initially against not so good sides (SL,WI and even England pre 2015 WC) but failed to win a single ODI series post 2015 WC and add to that his demand for rank turners against SA in tests and also in the WT20.The highlight of his tenure was th fight we showed against Australia test series in 2014 especially Adelaide test match.
ODI series vs England - Won
ODI series vs West Indies - Won
ODI series vs Sri Lanka - Won
Test series vs Australia - Lost
Tri Series in Australia - Lost (not even a single win)
WC 2015 - Semifinal
ODI Series vs Bangladesh - Lost
Test Series vs Sri Lanka - Won
ODI Series vs South Africa - Lost
Test Series vs South Africa - Won
ODI series vs Australia - Lost

T20s
Won against Australia,SL and Asia Cup.
World t20 - Semi Final.

S

Satan666

He took over as director after the tests in England 2014.Below are the results of the serious played when Shastri was incharge ,he did well initially against not so good sides (SL,WI and even England pre 2015 WC) but failed to win a single ODI series post 2015 WC and add to that his demand for rank turners against SA in tests and also in the WT20.The highlight of his tenure was th fight we showed against Australia test series in 2014 especially Adelaide test match.
ODI series vs England - Won
ODI series vs West Indies - Won
ODI series vs Sri Lanka - Won
Test series vs Australia - Lost
Tri Series in Australia - Lost (not even a single win)
WC 2015 - Semifinal
ODI Series vs Bangladesh - Lost
Test Series vs Sri Lanka - Won
ODI Series vs South Africa - Lost
Test Series vs South Africa - Won
ODI series vs Australia - Lost

T20s
Won against Australia,SL and Asia Cup.
World t20 - Semi Final.

Not a bad report card!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ravi Shastri to apply for India coaching job | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

And we have our new coach. I really hope CAC chooses based on criteria rather than just selecting Shastri because he has Virat's backing.

I said this even before he applied or the entries opened.. The BCCI, CAC all are a bloody joke! How disrespectful is it to the likes of Tom Moody and co.?

The whole country knows the name of the next coach and we are going to have a selection process? :lol:lol:lol

If you show me one person more humiliated than an Indian cricket fan, I will change my name!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Shastri seems like the only guy who has applied post the re-opening of the applications. So far, sounds like the motive has been accomplished. Why would others apply if they know Kohli wants Shastri? It's so much out in the open. Unfortunately the current applicants applied before Shastri came into picture. Now it'd be interesting to see if any of the current applicants want to back out. That'd cause huge embarrassment. Especially I want to see Tom Moody back out. He doesn't deserve this. He applied twice before, rejected both times despite having a good coaching record. And now a backdoor entry for Shastri might cause him to lose out again?

Any self respecting individual (like how Anil Kumble behaved at the end of this controversy) should not attend the interview.

S

Satan666

I said this even before he applied or the entries opened.. The BCCI, CAC all are a bloody joke! How disrespectful is it to the likes of Tom Moody and co.?

The whole country knows the name of the next coach and we are going to have a selection process? :lol:lol:lol

If you show me one person more humiliated than an Indian cricket fan, I will change my name!

The entire CAC humiliated much more than you playboy., Sachin and co looking like some idiots!

S

Satan666

Shastri seems like the only guy who has applied post the re-opening of the applications. So far, sounds like the motive has been accomplished. Why would others apply if they know Kohli wants Shastri? It's so much out in the open. Unfortunately the current applicants applied before Shastri came into picture. Now it'd be interesting to see if any of the current applicants want to back out. That'd cause huge embarrassment. Especially I want to see Tom Moody back out. He doesn't deserve this. He applied twice before, rejected both times despite having a good coaching record. And now a backdoor entry for Shastri might cause him to lose out again?

Any self respecting individual (like how Anil Kumble behaved at the end of this controversy) should not attend the interview.

Dont know why you are making this such a big deal, the CAC makes the decision on who to place as coach. BCCI influences the CAC?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is clearly visible now. BCCI wanted to fire Kumble from his post. But, Kumble being a highly professional and respected cricketer and one of the greatest legends, it would've been really difficult to fire him, considering the fact that he would've been a direct entry to the coaching candidate list. So the saga of Kohli vs Kumble arised and was leaked in public.

Now that most of the people already know our next coach's name (Shastri, very likely), there is some sort of 'confirmed' attitude among the former cricketers as well. One being Venkatesh Prasad. This article might give you more idea about it -

Venkatesh Prasad eager to reprise old role as India's bowling coach: Venkatesh Prasad eager to reprise old role as India's bowling coach | Cricbuzz.com

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I knew from the outset that this was going to be the result. I can't be bothered enough to bring up my own quotes and say 'look I was right!'

At the end of the day, we all want what's best for Indian cricket.

This episode is a clear demonstration of who's in charge! The BCCI have made it look like Kohli, but it truly is the BCCI. Everyone else is a pawn, even the CAC.

It's a shame of immense magnitude as far as I'm concerned.. I feel if you let the likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman etc. etc. do their job, Indian cricket will go some serious places! If you look at our wealth, resources, infrastructure and sheer quality of talent we should be dominating world cricket. This firing of AK just shows how big a role politics still plays in the one sport we can boast of being on the map of sorts! I will again say this- Great teams are born when there's a conflict of ideas, not a monarch system.

I think we will be at least average on the 'away' tours and we will just have to tolerate Shastri barking about it in his high pitch arrogant tone! As I say so often- Cricket fans of the sub-continent are the worst treated people on earth.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Venkatesh Prasad applies for post of Indian cricket team’s head coach | cricket | Hindustan Times

Interesting move I must say. Most of the applicants have given up hope after Shastri submitted his application for the role. The coaching staff had head coach, batting coach and fielding coach as AK himself was training the bowlers and didn't need a bowling coach. Now that Shastri (likely) and Sehwag (somewhat) are the top candidates, the fact can't be ignored that both are concerned more towards batting department. A good bowling coach is much necessary and Venkatesh Prasad will fit the role perfectly and can also work as assistant coach as said by himself before.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pardon my ignorance but does Ravi Shastri posses any coaching experience, either in IPL or with some domestic team? Because I only know him as a post retirement commentator.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pardon my ignorance but does Ravi Shastri posses any coaching experience, either in IPL or with some domestic team? Because I only know him as a post retirement commentator.
He was "team director" from the 2014 ODIs against England until last year, when Kumble became coach.

Users who are viewing this thread