India tour of Australia Nov'20-Jan'21

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Superb stuff from India and Ashwin, Bumrah! 136-5 at tea is a pretty damn good performance so far. Great catch there by Gill to send the dangerous Labuschagne home!! And Siraj almost got Paine there with that LBW DRS shout.

Rahane has done a very good job with his captaincy till now. Its early days, but India dont look as flustered as they were expected to be. Hope this continues and hope they can wrap the Aussies within 250 tonight (below 200 would be fabulous). So far, Ashwin put his foot all in the right places. Fingers crossed, hope he continues

B

Bigby Wolf

Love the way how Rahane calmed things down when Siraj wanted to go for a DRS again for Cameron Green.

There is Pant who is always in a excited state & then Siraj on debut probably seeing wicket every ball it was good from Rahane to calm everyone down.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bigby Wolf

Once again the real battle starts now - getting the last 5 wickets as soon as possible.

The bowlers bowled superbly to get the top order but its the wagging tail against us which worries me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
There is no demons in this pitch at all. So far, its been very good bowling with a few poor strokes that have led to the dismissals. India's perennial problem with the lower order and the pitch is going to make the final session a very interesting one.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I was wondering if anyone had called for Kohli to be sacked yet. ;)

The thing is, I don't mind if Kohli was the only leader in this team. As we have seen, leadership brings out the best in him as a batsman. However, he is not as strong tactically where Rahane is absolute class. Kohli had Kumble in the past who could help him out in that department, but now we have Ravi Shastri who is very similar to Kohli as a passionate cricketer but with minimal tactical knowledge.

Rohit is widely recognized as a leader in Indian cricket because of his IPL cricket triumphs, but not many people have seen Rahane's captaincy. The people who have seen him, captain, however, knows how good he is tactically. If you have seen the game today, he had plans for all the batsmen and has been spot on with his bowling changes.

If Rahane wants to create pressure on Kohli's test captaincy, he needs to perform as a batsman. He is an outstanding batsman but hasn't been that good with the bat lately. Also, he somehow needs to inspire India in this series to make a comeback.

B

Bigby Wolf

Geez! That runout was real close. Could Well be a big moment in the game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
If you have seen the game today, he had plans for all the batsmen and has been spot on with his bowling changes.
Do you think these wouldn't be the exact same plans that Kohli had? Any modern team would have the same plans for whoever is captain. How they are implemented is of course down to the captain on the field. Australia were 139/8 in the last match though, so maybe Kohli was better at implementing the plans. ;)

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
That was crystal clear on the line...

QB1

School Cricketer
This series has AUS umpires they are making a difference with that runout decision.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Do you think these wouldn't be the exact same plans that Kohli had? Any modern team would have the same plans for whoever is captain. How they are implemented is of course down to the captain on the field. Australia were 139/8 in the last match though, so maybe Kohli was better at implementing the plans. ;)

I have seen Kohli captain since he took over back in 2014. I have never seen him have these many field changes in a day, let alone a session. Kohli's field changes are mostly reactive, and his bowling changes can also leave your head scratching most of the time.

I am also not giving credit to Rahane alone because even though the plans and fields were in place, the bowlers are the ones who provide the final result. So, I feel the bowlers have definitely done their part as well.

Edit: Also haven't seen many modern teams have a backward square leg for Labuschagne before. ;)

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Siraj is bowling a heck of a spell here. I still don't realize how Paine survived that run out call.

Reactions: Ohm
B

Bigby Wolf

Siraj is turning out to be a good like to like replacement for Shami.

Getting the ball to tail back in with a bit of reverse.

B

Bigby Wolf

Pant behind the stumps :lol.

Come on Ash....Come on Ash....Come on Ash....Come on Ash.... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread