Story India Tours West Indies For a Five Test Series

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Mighty India Take On The Calypso Kings

The BCCI has announced the squad for the much awaited Test Tour of the Indian Cricket Team to the West Indies.

The squad is as follows:
A. Agarkar, L.Balaji, A. Bhandari, A. Chopra, R.Dravid, S.Ganguly, R.Gavaskar, M.Kaif, M.Karthik, Z.Khan, A.Kumble, V.V.S. Laxman, A.Nehra, P.Patel, I.Pathan, S.Tendulkar, V.Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, R.Sodhi.

The Tour itinerary is pretty cramped and is as follows:
June 1 - 1st Test - Kingston
June 6 - 2nd Test - Port of Spain
June 11- 3rd Test - Bridgetown
June 16- 4th Test - St. Johns
June 21- 5th Test - Georgetown

Let us all hope that Team India returns victorious from this tour unlike many tours to the Carribean Islands before this, where the morsel has found the hand but not the mouth.

The detailed score cards and match reports will be posted right here. So stay tuned.

Excerpts from an exclusive interview with the Indian skipper:

Q-This is your third tour to the Carribean and second as a skipper. How do you rate your chances this time?
A- Yes. We have been playing well for past two years now and this fact augurs well before starting this momentous tour.

Q-You mean Barbados in 97 and Antigua in 2002 will not be repeated?
A- We have not reached where we have by looking at the past. We are looking forward to win this series esp. as the opposition has had a spate of bad series.

Q- What do you think the strengths of your team are which will help you to win this tour?
A- We sport one of the best batting lineups in the world. We have two of the best tyros in Bala and Irfan. Overall we are performing far better than them.

Q- Few surprises in the squad?
A- Yes. The BCCI this time allowed us to take 20 players and hence Rohan, Amit, Reetinder and Kaif are included. No exclusion is a surprise I hope.

Q- Thank you very much for your views. We wish you the very best in this series.
A- Thank you.

Chalo India! Dikha do!

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying it till here. Dont worry the first test gets underway very soon.

The playing conditions are:
Platform - PC
Level - Hard
Patches - Updated rosters, Npower Stumps and Pitch ads, Sam's EXE with Cursor.exe.

I dont know how to generate Cable & Wireless stumps and Pitchads... Anybody listening?

Ok Guys rest tomorrow

First Test Match At Kingston, Jamaica

The first test match has begun. India won the toss and under cloudy conditions put the W.Indies in.

There are no surprises in Indian team, Agarkar, Balaji, Pathan and Kumble are the four bowlers and Yuvraj is playing.

The pitch is nice and hard and hence the ball is coming on to the bat. The following scorecards at the end of 3 overs shows that.

The going is easy for Gayle and Smith till the 7th over. Well Pathan sends down a toe-crusher to removel Gayle's leg stump.

In the very next over Agarkar bowls a beautiful and short cutter to baffle Smith in to leaving the ball that shall remove his leg stump.

The scorecard after 8 overs:

Lara and Sarwan have been doing the work of re-establishing the foundations really well.

At the end of 16 overs the other bowler used - Balaji and the first two have not been able to make any other inroads.

Lara seems in ominous form. The score card after 16 overs

Lara's offdrive is a site to behold. (Please note I am doing some funny things with the faces when I am not playing so bear with the poor facial quality).

Lara has punished the bowlers just like he normally does.

The bowling figures at the end of 18 overs are not a promising sight for India. Let us see what the introduction of Kumble does?

good match so far. btw...can u please reduce the size of ur pics. they are way too large.

cheers.
m_vaughan (the biggest indian fan of the england cricket team)

Pathan, in both spells, has been regularly beating the edges. Here he beats Lara in the bounce but unfortunately cannot hit the stumps.

Lara takes revenge for being beaten. Here he square cuts Pathan to reach his 50. He is quite smug after that.

Beware Mr. Lara, your old nemesis - Kumble is getting the ball on the other end.

Lara has misread the length of Kumble's flipper. It rises and the ball goes up in the air towards Bala.

It takes something special to remove a special player. Balaji dives to get the second most prized wicket in the world.

The match is slightly tilted in favour of India. Lara is out. But two of the most valiant sons of Indian diaspora in the caribbean are waging a battle.

After 28 overs, lunch is taken.

The scorecard:

yeah i thought so too. the pics are a bit too large for the screen. i will reduce them in the next batch.

i am attaching this pic jsut as a trial if it does reduce in size here or not.

Users who are viewing this thread