India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

newzolt

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
A great team effort by India with the skipper leading from the front.Series result 1-1.Congrats to both teams.

saisrini80 said:
Inzamam was OUT by 0 LBW Irfan Pathan! Rudi did not give it. Inzy was quite forward and the ball shaped back so well. Inzy is fortunate to be there in the middle!
According to the new icc rules if a ball pitches outside the line of the stumps and then even if it is going to hit the stumps then that's NOT OUT.So umpires were correct in their decisions of ruling Inzamam not out twice- one each against Pathan and Harbhajan.I wonder if the commentators were aware of this.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
gambino said:
well 1st of all inzi shouldnt have been batting at that time cos farhat was given out lbw incorrectly!!
yes, thats how cricket goes, sometime luck is involved.
Inzi survived two LBW decisions, that were clearly heading towards the stumps, and a dropped catch as well, but it was still a hard fought match and the turning point was 1) Inzi's run out and 2) Rana's wicket

newzolt said:
A great team effort by India with the skipper leading from the front.Series result 1-1.Congrats to both teams.

According to the new icc rules if a ball pitches outside the line of the stumps and then even if it is going to hit the stumps then that's NOT OUT.So umpires were correct in their decisions of ruling Inzamam not out twice- one each against Pathan and Harbhajan.I wonder if the commentators were aware of this.
12.6 Pathan to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, full ball, on target, hits the
pad in front of off stump, shout for lbw and declined

it did not pitch outside off, it was on the line.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That ends one strange series. Tied at 1-1 and finished in 2 days. Geez never seen a series go so quickly.

Anyway the rest seems to have done Sehwag no harms. Now that there is competition for his opening spot, he'll have to be more consistent.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
ICC hasn't modified the LBW rules recently and Inzi was clearly out LBW. A ball pitching outside off and hitting batsman in front of stumps, and going on to hit the stumps, is OUT. The only way a batsman can be not out when he's hit in line with stumps and the ball is going on to hit the stumps is when the ball pitches outside leg, which was not the case with Inzy.

newzolt said:

I am glad this worthless series is over for india without any injury to any of the players. India is supposed to leave for a lengthy windies tour (5 odis and 3 tests) on May 12 and i simply fail to see the point in organizing the matches at this point of time.

Hopefully, the players can enjoy a well earned break and win the series (odi & test) in windies.

aussie1st said:
That ends one strange series. Tied at 1-1 and finished in 2 days. Geez never seen a series go so quickly.

Anyway the rest seems to have done Sehwag no harms. Now that there is competition for his opening spot, he'll have to be more consistent.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
aussie1st said:

Its bound to get more tougher when Sachin returns. I am sure the team management will now be more tougher if Sachin fails. Uthappa is pressing hard, Sehwag is now back scoring (though only one innings) and we have the ever reliable Dravid who has done so well opening the innings in these ODI's in this season.

From the looks of it, no place for Dada again. Damn it yaar! Venu will in all probability get onto the flight for the Windies tour!

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Plus there are guys like Raina and Rao to put pressure on Kaif if he continues to fail. I am impressed with Powar and India can play Powar in place of harbhajan on pitches favorable to spinners. India has a long batting lineup with decent bench-strength. Also, things are looking up in the pace department and I wish Zaheer Khan is given one more chance as he can be a pretty good wicket taking bowler for India.

ll in all things are looking rosy and if Tendulkar comes back and regains his old touch, India would be a pretty tough team to beat in odis!

saisrini80 said:
Its bound to get more tougher when Sachin returns. I am sure the team management will now be more tougher if Sachin fails. Uthappa is pressing hard, Sehwag is now back scoring (though only one innings) and we have the ever reliable Dravid who has done so well opening the innings in these ODI's in this season.

From the looks of it, no place for Dada again. Damn it yaar! Venu will in all probability get onto the flight for the Windies tour!

gaurav_indian

International Coach
aussie1st said:

So time for some counting waiting for the Fantasy Cricket results. :p

donkey

Club Cricketer
gaurav_indian said:
Imran Farhat was unlucky but at the same time Inzmam was given not out and that too was said by the commentators.
And he got lucky twice

pointless series but always better to end it on the winning note.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
alfa_beta said:
Plus there are guys like Raina and Rao to put pressure on Kaif if he continues to fail. I am impressed with Powar and India can play Powar in place of harbhajan on pitches favorable to spinners. India has a long batting lineup with decent bench-strength. Also, things are looking up in the pace department and I wish Zaheer Khan is given one more chance as he can be a pretty good wicket taking bowler for India.

ll in all things are looking rosy and if Tendulkar comes back and regains his old touch, India would be a pretty tough team to beat in odis!

I think Agarkar can be persisted with for some more time, I think!

Is there a love affair going on between Agarkar and UAE grounds? The last time he played in Sharjah which was long time back in 2000 or so, he looked a very dangerous bowler. When he was the fastest to pick his first 50 wickets, he played more matches in Sharjah and looked really good.

And in these two matches, I was able to see the vintage Agarkar of the old who got great shape with the ball and was bowling really well. He looked a bowler transformed in these two matches

I think India can use Powar for the test matches instead of trying to find a new spinner to company Harbhajan. Powar has the skill to succeed in test matches with his type of orthodox spin bowling and he is a very handy batsman too.

Raina is now cemented his place in the side. In fact, Kaif has to work a lot now to give Raina tough competition in the XI. And he has Venu to contend with. So lot of competition there for places

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Player of the series: Inzamam-ul-Haq. The only guy who gave a decent performance in both matches. This series was a joke. They should've scheduled it at a more convenient time.

prarara

International Cricketer
Heh! So the series ends a draw. I say India did better, but thats my opinion-plagued by bias.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Agarkar is a pretty good first change bowler - he can bowl yorkers, reverse swing the ball and bowl well at the death. Plus he can score a few with the bat. I would like to zaheer given a few chances ahead of RP Singh to see whether or not he has improved. Other than that, indian team is pretty well settled and the fielding has improved tremendously.

saisrini80 said:
I think Agarkar can be persisted with for some more time, I think!

Is there a love affair going on between Agarkar and UAE grounds? The last time he played in Sharjah which was long time back in 2000 or so, he looked a very dangerous bowler. When he was the fastest to pick his first 50 wickets, he played more matches in Sharjah and looked really good.

And in these two matches, I was able to see the vintage Agarkar of the old who got great shape with the ball and was bowling really well. He looked a bowler transformed in these two matches

donkey

Club Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
I think India can use Powar for the test matches instead of trying to find a new spinner to company Harbhajan. Powar has the skill to succeed in test matches with his type of orthodox spin bowling and he is a very handy batsman too.

I dont think we have enough room for two off spinners in our test squad, we already have Jumbo to accompany Bhajji. May be on a dusty pitch like in mumbai, Powar shud be given a chance..

Users who are viewing this thread