India

Aye, let's just forget the past. Let's just not dig it up and sadden ourselves. The media will do all that, nothing new. They will shout for a week, and then....move on with life. Ignoring it. Not winning this tournament doesn't mean the end of life, does it? Dhoni still remains a great skipper, just that it seemed he under-estimated his opponents a bit in this tournament. Oh well, we've learnt from the failures. And we'll soon strike back. This year is full of cricket. What's more important, there's the Champions Trophy coming up. If we do well there, people will soon forget about this WC. So, from now on, our main target must be the CT. Not to forget the upcoming West Indies tour. We need to change our team a bit, drop some blokes, pick some blokes, give new bloods some chances......it's CT time! Watch out Mr Broad. You got away this time, but UV! KING OF SIXERS!! KING OF T-20! KING OF HATTRICKS is coming to get you in the ICC Champions Trophy 2009! :cool:

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Its just miserable to see these Indian News Channels piling up all blame on Dhoni.

This isn't anything new. They do it everytime. After the WC 07, they were shouting for Sachin's retirement. You're actually taking them seriously? :eek: Just enjoy the fun part. :p

Last edited:
I feel Manish Pandey should be given a chance and should be groomed for the 2011 World Cup. We need a backup opener for Sehwag and Gambhir (Sharma is not that option). What if Sachin doesnt last till the 2011 WC (though I hope he does)? Dhoni should take a break now and so can Yuvraj (if need be). We need to try some good fast bowlers. Ishant is unreliable for the shorter format.

Nice to see the Indian press have taken the result well....

His wicket-keeping skills have always been questioned and now the criticism is growing louder about his much vaunted batting. Dhoni realizes that if batting does not click then his place in the team could come under a cloud. Due to this reason, he is continuously shuffling the batting order to give himself more time to bat. His use of bowlers are also baffling cricket experts. "He is losing control of the team because of his individual form and decisions. Earlier, Zaheer was the de facto leader of the bowling unit. He would encourage the bowlers and help them out. In the last few matches, however, his involvement seems to have petered out. This should be a cause of concern for Dhoni," an expert told Hardnews.

"If India crashes out, Dhoni's fate is uncertain but rest assured that he would never be the same MSD we loved. The MSD who batted at all positions fearlessly only to instil fear amongst the opposition is what we want and this is what he should," rued a fan. Those who have been watching Dhoni closely would also see a change in his batting style. The flourish with which he stroked the ball has gone. Sometime back even a politician, Lalu Prasad Yadav, commented on his loss of form.

Dhoni's commitment to the game remains undisputed. He is at the crossroads of his cricketing career and a few mistakes can trigger the inevitable beginning of an end. But, the onus is on Dhoni to figure out how he can improve his skills as a batter and a leader before the destiny catches up with him.

^^ rolls eyes. Considering the guy captained a maiden ODI victory in Australia, a 2020 world cup victory, winning captain against Australia and co. Fickle. Foolish. Utter contempt. Or dramatisation. Shakes head.

Just a quick thought that came to mind a minute ago, England lost to the Netherlands but we managed to beat India.

So does this mean: Netherlands > India

Honestly I actually think it does!

Just a quick thought that came to mind a minute ago, England lost to the Netherlands but we managed to beat India.

Both the matches were upsets according to the conventional meaning of the word in sports. This is a first and last warning that any continued "rubbing of nose" in this thread now that I've closed the other thread will be regarded as trolling and deleted/infracted.

It is really pathetic to see that some good members fail to understand that in T20, anyone can beat anyone!

Just because Aussies got knocked out in the prelim round & Irish got qualified for super 8's it doesn't mean that Aussies have gone down the levels and Irish have gone up the levels.

And lets not continue any Eng Vs India disccusion anymore here. Its over in the previous thread which got closed because of immatured behavior from many members. Even Dhoni and Colly wouldn't have felt or excited on these things, but you guys just tend to start an unending debate from no-where. Lets put an end to it like the end it was put to India's journey.

England knocked India out? so what... All the best to you guys in semis if you qualify in today's thriller. Just because some members go and post immatured things, that doesn't mean that we should also come down the standards and provoke those. :cool: Nomore provoking statements from now on.. Serious actions will be taken!

Considering I have seen the infractions forum in the staff forum, I am pretty sure I have never seen a single infraction for all the UV King of Sixes, all the stuff about Broad, so that does seem a bit like double standards, then threatning England fans.

Also, Ollie leave it, they are getting all worked up now ;)

For everything I have said, It is because I do actually rate India quite highly and they have a lot of brilliant talent, my favourite Indian cricketer is actually Rohit Sharma :)

This is hundred percent correct
Even Dhoni and Colly wouldn't have felt or excited on these things, but you guys just tend to start an unending debate from no-where. Lets put an end to it like the end it was put to India's journey.

Considering I have seen the infractions forum in the staff forum, I am pretty sure I have never seen a single infraction for all the UV King of Sixes, all the stuff about Broad, so that does seem a bit like double standards, then threatning England fans.
How is "UV King of Sixes" any different from "pie chucker"? All it is is nickname. There have been 30 pages of "rubbing in your nose" and "retaliation" after the game ended. I don't know how you can compare that to anything that occurred before the match.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

what will be india's next season ? How is sehwag's injury now? any idea?
I posted it earlier, June 26 is when our Windies series starts. I believe we have a break after that till the CT in September.

what will be india's next season ? How is sehwag's injury now? any idea?

ODI series vs West Indies in this June end. After that I think Champions Trophy should be the next. I am not sure about it.

I will be quite interested to see how Indian team prepares for the match against SA! SA have nothing to gain or loose. Hence it would be interesting to see whether they go into semis as unbeaten side or they would get thrashed in no-meaning game. ;) But if India looses to SA, it will be a big shame that we only managed to win Bangladesh and Ireland in this tourney! :(

Users who are viewing this thread