India

How is "UV King of Sixes" any different from "pie chucker"? All it is is nickname. There have been 30 pages of "rubbing in your nose" and "retaliation" after the game ended. I don't know how you can compare that to anything that occurred before the match.

So are you saying you saw none of the stuff directed towards Stuart Broad and to a certain extent, England fans like King Pietersen, regarding Yuvraj Singh hitting him for six, sixes and all the "nose rubbing" that took place because of that?

So are you saying you saw none of the stuff directed towards Stuart Broad and to a certain extent, England fans like King Pietersen, regarding Yuvraj Singh hitting him for six, sixes and all the "nose rubbing" that took place because of that?

You are well aware that the informations related to staff forums or happenings in staff fourms are meant to be confidential and not to be discussed outside! :p Lets leave it and try to spread peace! No war has happened, why unnecessary provokings? It is the time to calm down rather than brooding over it!

You are well aware that the informations related to staff forums or happenings in staff fourms are meant to be confidential and not to be discussed outside! :p Lets leave it and try to spread peace! No war has happened, why unnecessary provokings? It is the time to calm down rather than brooding over it!

Oh you just want me to keep that picture of you posing naked with that chicken in the staff forum, secret ;)

But ok, Suren, I respect you a lot so I'll leave it.

How is "UV King of Sixes" any different from "pie chucker"? All it is is nickname. There have been 30 pages of "rubbing in your nose" and "retaliation" after the game ended. I don't know how you can compare that to anything that occurred before the match.

Uh, because 'maybe' some members are sick and tired of a large percentage of Indian members creating ridiculous threads and thinking Indian cricket, and the Indian cricket team, is the best thing since fairy bread. For so long have Australian members have had the old "arrogance" issue rubbed into us, yet nothing was done. Everytime India won a series/game, the crap Indian supporters posted was pathetic.

Just because England happen to win a 20/20 match and actually decide to give some banter back for a change, doesn't mean its now all of a sudden fair to get on your high horse and start handing out infractions to English supporters who give some back. Double standards.

Maybe if the forum actually decided what is tolerated and what is not, that might help as the rules seem to change from month to month, and from nation to nation.

To sum it up, suck it up princess, we have to.

Last edited:
as expected,india were too complacent !! everyones sporting uber cool looks in the dressing room....cracking jokes during tense situations....repeating the same mistakes over and over again !! they need to get over the IPL hang-over ASAP ! everyones attitude looked as though they were movie stars than sportsmen.

dhoni was a complete failure as captain and has been failing with the bat for over a year now. rohit sharma..another sehwag wannabe but with horrible shot selections......suresh raina felt as though the ball will never bounce above the waist and the less said about Ultra Violet the better.

i really want india to lose against SA too...that'll confidently hit the nail in the head. the press will really blow up the situation and the BCCI might start taking things seriously.

as expected,india were too complacent !! everyones sporting uber cool looks in the dressing room....cracking jokes during tense situations....repeating the same mistakes over and over again !! they need to get over the IPL hang-over ASAP ! everyones attitude looked as though they were movie stars than sportsmen.

dhoni was a complete failure as captain and has been failing with the bat for over a year now. rohit sharma..another sehwag wannabe but with horrible shot selections......suresh raina felt as though the ball will never bounce above the waist and the less said about Ultra Violet the better.

i really want india to lose against SA too...that'll confidently hit the nail in the head. the press will really blow up the situation and the BCCI might start taking things seriously.

you are correct but i really can't see anyone in team who can do captaincy better than dhoni.But still then dhoni's average is 49.2 or something in ODI.

I have no issues with requoting silly posts from before and showing them to be false. For example, I couldn't care less about the "UV King of Fail" nonsense. However, I have issues with painting India as a nation of effigy burners, pretending like everyone lives in poverty, as if we all worship cricketers as our Gods, etc., etc. while providing a disclaimer that it is only targeted towards certain members. It is not okay to say, "There are some Indian members who are okay, this is not for them" and then going on to generalize against India using the thoughts of those few who post without using their brains. How's that any different from what the Indian media is doing by painting Australians as racist? They are labeling an entire nation for the actions of a select few.

sohum added 4 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Uh, because 'maybe' some members are sick and tired of a large percentage of Indian members creating ridiculous threads and thinking Indian cricket, and the Indian cricket team, is the best thing since fairy bread. For so long have Australian members have had the old "arrogance" issue rubbed into us, yet nothing was done. Everytime India won a series/game, the crap Indian supporters posted was pathetic.
There's a post report button that you can use to report any post or thread that you think is not worthwhile. The staff team has a varied enough demographic that your report will be looked at from several different angles.

Just because England happen to win a 20/20 match and actually decide to give some banter back for a change, doesn't mean its now all of a sudden fair to get on your high horse and start handing out infractions to English supporters who give some back. Double standards.
Members are not privy to the knowledge of who gets infracted for what, so I'd suggest you not dig your hole regarding who is getting infractions.

Maybe if the forum actually decided what is tolerated and what is not, that might help as the rules seem to change from month to month, and from nation to nation.

To sum it up, suck it up princess, we have to.
If you have problems with the moderation, you are strongly encouraged to get in touch with an admin member as this is an area that we are continually looking to improve. As with anything in life you can't complain that no one is listening to you if you don't speak.

sohum added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I am sure India will definitely bounce back.India will win Vs Sa . any idea bout sehwag's injury?
I don't think Sehwag's going to be fit in time for the West Indies tour, so perhaps in time for the CT?

I have no issues with requoting silly posts from before and showing them to be false. However, I have issues with painting India as a nation of effigy burners, pretending like everyone lives in poverty, as if we all worship cricketers as our Gods, etc., etc. while providing a disclaimer that it is only targeted towards certain members. It is not okay to say, "There are some Indian members who are okay, this is not for them" and then going on to generalize against India using the thoughts of those few who post without using their brains. How's that any different from what the Indian media is doing by painting Australians as racist? They are labeling an entire nation for the actions of a select few.

This is the problem. Why is it okay then to have discussions about racist issues which occurred in Australia? Why is okay to create threads and slag against Australia about issues such as an egg being thrown at Murali, yet totally unacceptable to discuss Indians constantly burning effigies, threatening their own players, and causing havoc? Why is it not okay to have threads about these as they are serious issues compared to minor issues which don't get closed. And don't blab on about the reporting system, when all moderators are aware of most threads, and issues such as these stick around.

You mentioned poverty. Quite a severe amount of poverty exists in India, yes? Then why isn't okay to include this in a post, yet (for example) for some members to attack another country in relation to incidents that have occurred, and label them as a bunch of alcoholics, which has not factual basis to it. This is just one example.

If you are so concerned about members, paticulary Indian members, to have banter thrown their way, then why do they create signatures and avatars referring to players as Gods, for example, which is very common. But yet become full on defensive when that is questioned!

This is sport. Teams win, teams lose. Emotions are involved as a sporting forum, banter has to be accepted for it to be a successful one. I've been here my fair share of time to see members leave due to this problem of protection sourrounding some members when questions/criticism/banter (on most occasions, national teams) are thrown their way. Some nations, such as India, seem to a protected topic, where as questions/criticism/banter against others, is a free for all discussion.

Last edited:
This is the problem. Why is it okay then to have discussions about racist issues which occurred in Australia? Why is okay to create threads and slag against Australia about issues such as an egg being thrown at Murali, yet totally unacceptable to discuss Indians constantly burning effigies, threatening their own players, and causing havoc? Why is it not okay to have threads about these as they are serious issues compared to minor issues which don't get closed. And don't blab on about the reporting system, when all moderators are aware of most threads, and issues such as these stick around.

You mentioned poverty. Quite a severe amount of poverty exists in India, yes? Then why isn't okay to include this in a post, yet (for example) for some members to attack another country in relation to incidents that have occurred, and label them as a bunch of alcoholics, which has not factual basis to it. This is just one example.

If you are so concerned about members, paticulary Indian members, to have banter thrown their way, then why do they create signatures and avatars referring to players as Gods, for example, which is very common. But yet become full on defensive when that is questioned!

This is sport. Teams win, teams lose. Emotions are involved as a sporting forum, banter has to be accepted for it to be a successful one. I've been here my fair share of time to see members leave due to this problem of protection sourrounding some members when questions/criticism/banter (on most occasions, national teams) are thrown their way. Some nations, such as India, seem to a protected topic, where as questions/criticism/banter against others, is a free for all discussion.

you are free to discuss all the poverty in the GENERAL CHAT thread. but bringing up the slums and the poverty in the middle of a cricket discussion just for the sake of an argument is a completely different thing !

you are free to discuss all the poverty in the GENERAL CHAT thread. but bringing up the slums and the poverty in the middle of a cricket discussion just for the sake of an argument is a completely different thing !

Don't try and be an escape goat, actually read the post and the examples i included how the poverty issue you mentioned is unacceptable in a post (which i agree) yet banter against other nationalities such as alcoholism, heritage (such as the old convict thing) ARE accepted.

Are you claiming that burning effigies in India of players/umpires is as or more important than racism in, forget Australia, any country? As surprising as it may be, the select few unemployed, idiotic elements who have the time to burn effigies, make threats and "cause havoc" actually have no stamp on society or the day-to-day functioning.

Yes, poverty exists in India. Are you saying it is okay to ridicule India for not being able to solve its social problems to "get back" at members who have been artificially building up Yuvraj Singh's six hitting ability? That's a total low-blow. It has no relevance to the cricket being played whatsoever, and the only purpose bringing poverty into that discussion has is to garner angry remarks from Indians who don't wish to have their country's respect tossed around in mud.

If you actually started at thread on poverty in India, or generally the governance in India, I think you'd find that the majority of the Indian members in this forum would have some strong feelings against the way our country is run.

You obviously think I have a problem with banter, which if you read my posts detailing my problem with this issue, is clearly not the case. If someone told me that the Aussies will win the Border-Gavaskar trophy 3-0 and we ended up winning 2-0 I'd be first in line to show them how they were wrong. However, I wouldn't bring in comments about social problems that exist in Australia as that has nothing to do with that discussion.

^ Totally agree. Same viewpoint.

think you'd find that the majority of the Indian members in this forum would have some strong feelings against the way our country is run.

Yes, poverty exists in India. Are you saying it is okay to ridicule India for not being able to solve its social problems to "get back" at members who have been artificially building up Yuvraj Singh's six hitting ability? That's a total low-blow. It has no relevance to the cricket being played whatsoever, and the only purpose bringing poverty into that discussion has is to garner angry remarks from Indians who don't wish to have their country's respect tossed around in mud

Concur with you completely.

Users who are viewing this thread