India

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sehwag and especially Gambhir have been in some horrendous t20 form. Gambhir made like one good score in the entire IPL and Sehwag made two I think? If these two don't click it's kinda of over for us.

Give them a break, mate. These two are superb players. The IPL is an isolated case. I'm pretty sure that they will make up for their poor run the IPL with some huge scores in the T-20 W.Cup.

Bowling wise I would not give Ishant a game. He is horrendous in the short format

Wow! You look like my reflection! Hundred percent right.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Well in the current squad many players've experienced English conditions so India've got an upper hand here!!

shubhrayu added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

One thing:RP bowls real good in England

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
So does Zak. So that is a double bonus to us.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Form wise the Indian batting hasn't been great. Even Rania who had an alright IPL failed to convert most of his starts. The others had one or two good knocks but were poor throughout. One can only hope it continues as on paper the Indian batting looks as dangerous as ever.

Zaheer doesn't seem to be as effective in the T20. Hes able to keep it tight but lacks the wicket taking ability that we see in the Test matches. It's similar to what has happened to Bracken who has now become a tie down bowler rather than a strike bowler.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Zaheer and RP would form a real good combo. Zaheer keeps it tight at one end and RP picks up the wickets at the other end. Or Ishant could perform that role. I dont think Ishant should be discarded in this format. In this format, a single tight over can make the batsmen do silly things. So Zaheer is an asset! Its also good for us that Irfan is there as backup as he has also been doing very well recently in the IPL.

Regarding the batting, Sehwag was starting to find his flow in his last two games of the IPL, Dhoni has been in touch for his last 4 games (although he was criticised for his batting in the semifinal), Raina had a very good tournament where he was the 2nd highest after Hayden, we all know about Rohit Sharma and what he did in the IPL, Yusuf had a few good knocks (he won a game for RR in the Super over). Yuvraj is a little shaky but he too had few good knocks and now captaincy is off his back. I think India's batting will do good. The warmups will help them get going. They should play all their best batsmen who might play the whole tournament. Everybody has to get the practice going. We play two tough sides (NZ and Pakistan) and so it should be good for us.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think they are taking Zak to England and see how he goes. He will be first choice, but if he doesnt play, the other guys will play instead of him. I dont think its too serious an injury to keep him home and have a replacement.

I feel Zak is not going to be at his best in this tournament. I have a gut feeling about it. He is recovering from an injury and he is still not 100% fit (and might not be for the first game or so). Its going to be the other guys.

International Coach
a fit and firing zak is very important to india's chances,hope he recovers on time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I would replace Zak with Nehra.
A half fit Zak will be a liability on Team India.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We dont need anyone for Zak. RP, PK and Irfan will be our pace trio and Bhajji, Yousuf, Yuvi and Rohit will be spinners.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Seems like our man UV! KING OF SIXERS! KING OF HATTRICKS! KING OF T20! couldn't help getting short back and sides.

104039.jpg

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I guess he saw too much off C Ronaldo

deerkick

Club Cricketer
I agree. Too much of a Cristiano Ronaldo haircut wannabe. I wonder if he'll cry if he gets out for duck. :p

Users who are viewing this thread