Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are not so many high-scoring games in ICL... Pitch?

A mixture of the pitch and some sublime fielding. The pitch is quite lively and Shivastava, the left arm pacer in particular, has showed that you can get the ball to zip through at good pace.

Man Lions really messed up the run chase. Imran Farhat should be asked to give 20 rounds of stadium for his performance today.

a superb fielding performance by t.p.singh,he must be the best fielder in india.

a superb fielding performance by t.p.singh,he must be the best fielder in india.

Don't go overboard. He had a good game, but it takes consistancy to be the best in a nation. Overall, the fielding in the ICL has been staggeringly good, I am very impressed.

Watched the game today (Lions vs Tigers)... Was a very exciting game. Great crowd (looked like full).. The quality of the commentary was very good (one of my favorites, Tony Greig was there), amazing fielding standards (couldnt believe india had such good fielders), very good kits, etc.

Only thing which is a problem (minor one!) is the ground. Its too small and the wicket is not conducive for T20 matches. We need a bigger ground with a more batter friendly wicket. With a capacity of 6000 and ticket prices of Rs 100, they will get only Rs 6 lakh every game. With bigger capacity and same prices, they could get much better revenue and the atmosphere would be more electric.

I am very very happy with the ICL so far. I wish it a very grand success. Anything that is not related to the BCCI has to be good. And the ICL in itself is very good. I pray that ICL makes a difference to Indian cricket and serves up for excellent players.

Just watch out. People are going to love it, and the board might be forced to recognise it (or higher authorities in the country will force the board into recognising it).

A major problem with the ICL is that all in all, the production values are poor. The camera quality is poor, the overlay and kits are ugly and the sound quality is often poor. Furthermore, the pitches are far from batsman friendly (which is what you want in T20 to attract crowds) and the outfield is also poor.

The positives lie in the quality of spin bowling and the fielding, both of which are very good and there are a few impressive pacers on display. Rakesh Patel impressed me a lot, even hitting 140kph at one point and getting movement in the air and off the pitch.

What the heck??? All the negatives you say, are in fact very good (may be the overlay is not very good, its atleast decent). The broadcast quality is as good as any international match. The kits are colorful and look very good.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why they haven't recognised it already.

The broadcast quality is as good as any international match.

Any indian international match, but by European standards or Oceanic standards, the quality is poor and these are the little things the ICL should be getting right. Obviously, check my blog to realise that my view on the ICL is 90% positive.

the coverage of icl is way better that that being done by neo sports.

The quality of bowling and fielding has been good. cant say the same about batting.

Come on show some of your stuff batsmen, the ground in not too big.

I just caught a glimpse of the initial 6 overs of iCL.
I have come to the conclusion that since T20 is the latest hype in India,the crowds will be excited.Also,the commentry is pretty good.Their choice is awesome.
But,the quality is bad.Infact,it is nowhere near to the qulaity that ZEE provided during the Malaysia tri-series.

Finally some high scores happening today. Brian Lara need to bat upfront and show his class otherwise Champs will be out of tournament in next game only.

Chennai Superstars are quite good in the fielding department. The Aussie influence (Bevan, Law and Harvey) is having a great effect on the team. Thiru Kumaran's bowling was quite excellent, and he showed the way to bowl in T20 games: vary the pace and bowl stump to stump.

All in all, I think I like the ICL. Their initial broadcast quality was pathetic and they had a lot of sound problems, but it's getting better by the day.

And that lady presenter is a lot better than Radhakrishnan Srinivasan of NEO Sports (with his fake accent and the pathetic Harsha Bhogle imitation act)

The commentary team is quite impressive and much better than the one in the India v Pakistan test series on at the moment where only Bruce Yardley has provided some sensible commentary.

The commentary team is quite impressive and much better than the one in the India v Pakistan test series on at the moment where only Bruce Yardley has provided some sensible commentary.

Come on you like Bruce Yardley. I think only Ramiz Raja knows how to comment among them.

Users who are viewing this thread