Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on you like Bruce Yardley. I think only Ramiz Raja knows how to comment among them.

Ramiz is OK, but he is offset by having to commentate alongside the likes of Arun Lal and Lakshman Sivaramakrishnan.

Bruce Yardley and Ian Bishop provide some respite from terrible boredom from Aamir Sohail and the others.

Bruce Yardley is the worst lol.:p

He's not top quality, but compared to the others, he stands out as a better one.

As for Arun Lal, he is the worst.

Last edited:
At least you get some English commentary. DD National commentators are the worst in the whole world :( :(. They can't even spot the difference between Live action and action replays. The commentators for ICL are very good. They need more high scoring games to keep people interested. 157 has been the highest score until now, which is low going by T20 standards.

At least you get some English commentary. DD National commentators are the worst in the whole world :( :(. They can't even spot the difference between Live action and action replays. The commentators for ICL are very good. They need more high scoring games to keep people interested. 157 has been the highest score until now, which is low going by T20 standards.

The conditions are quite cool, dry and quite nippy so it works well for seam/swing bowlers in the evening. For example, Daryl Tuffey enjoying these conditions shows that it's not pretty different from conditions he experiences bowling at home in New Zealand.

DD National won't be DD National without that kind of commentary. It's their trademark :p

Last edited:
Come on you like Bruce Yardley. I think only Ramiz Raja knows how to comment among them.

My my,even i could commentate better than those idiots at Nimbus.

Putting aside the telecast and other things,it is quite a handful.
A suggestion for the ICL-Since they are using small grounds-why not use school grounds instead ?

My my,even i could commentate better than those idiots at Nimbus.

Putting aside the telecast and other things,it is quite a handful.
A suggestion for the ICL-Since they are using small grounds-why not use school grounds instead ?

I don't think school grounds would meet any of the requirements to host an event of this nature - leave alone the pitches, I don't think there will be any facilities on the ground for extensive media coverage, players, press etc.

Yeah i am also annoyed by their commentary.I dont have neo sports.:mad:

I don't think school grounds would meet any of the requirements to host an event of this nature - leave alone the pitches, I don't think there will be any facilities on the ground for extensive media coverage, players, press etc.

Well,some of the big ones will do.Old school especially catholic ones provide exceelent grounds.
Or being in Pune,i'd say grounds like the Deccan Gymkhanan,PYC or even the Club House Grounds.

Yeah i am also annoyed by their commentary.I dont have neo sports.:mad:

neo sports has more ads than cricket action,nimbus production is just useless.

Remember HAPPYDENT white chewing gum ads they play everytime a batsman/team reaches a milestone ?
It really dents the image of Indian Cricket on T.V

And baburao,it is good that you do not have Neo-they suck.
The best channel to telecast cricket is undoubtedly ESPN-STAR.

I just found the ad for the Chennai Superstars and safe to say, it is awesome. :D

Captures the Tamil attitude very well. :)

We battered the Champs also.

Last edited by a moderator:
@.Mob: Thats a very good spoof of Tamil Movie Superstar, Rajnikanth. In my opinion, that is the best ad for any of the teams from the ICL that has featured on Zee Sports.

Yeah, I knew I recognised the face instantly when I saw it, it's been like 4 years. The Delhi one is probably second best.

hahahaha... the Chennai Superstars ad is hilarious! :D

I heard that Rajni is supporting the side.
Apparently,he was also present for the launch.

I heard that Rajni is supporting the side.
Apparently,he was also present for the launch.

When? I dont believe it, coz I am a die hard Tamil film follower, and would have certainly heard the news if its true.

Can u provide the source?

Users who are viewing this thread