Indian Domestic Cricket

We have more good batsmen than these 3 keepers in India and besides all of them are not openors in any form of cricket, Parthiv and Dinesh were made openors as nobody else wanted it in the side. Suresh Raina, Badrinath and Mhd Kaif are in good form. As far as openors are concerned Akash Chopra got a raw deal. You need patient openor in Indian batting line up and I think he will be handy in Aus once again.
Well these supposedly good batsmen haven't been scoring heavily, so what exactly is your point? Mohammad Kaif has not been scoring runs as heavily as Parthiv---that is a fact that you cannot deny if you just look at Parthiv's first class record over the last few months.

Well these supposedly good batsmen haven't been scoring heavily, so what exactly is your point? Mohammad Kaif has not been scoring runs as heavily as Parthiv---that is a fact that you cannot deny if you just look at Parthiv's first class record over the last few months.

Agreed Parthiv has been in sublime touch, but you cannot overlook the fact that Raina and Kaif are playing imoprtant innings at times when there side is in trouble. Again Parthiv does not have enough scoring shots in his armoury and will be sorted out soon by international sides. We need dominating players at internationl level and the way Raina played in Challenger finals was awesome.
Also Yuvraj cannot find place in test 11 forget Parthiv.

Agreed Parthiv has been in sublime touch, but you cannot overlook the fact that Raina and Kaif are playing imoprtant innings at times when there side is in trouble. Again Parthiv does not have enough scoring shots in his armoury and will be sorted out soon by international sides. We need dominating players at internationl level and the way Raina played in Challenger finals was awesome.
Also Yuvraj cannot find place in test 11 forget Parthiv.
Dude... I don't know why you think someone can either be in the XI or not in the team. We're going to have an exodus of players fairly soon--Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman and Kumble are all going to be leaving soon. Yuvraj is probably the only member guaranteed to replace them. The others, including Parthiv, are more than capable of getting a place in the side. And Parthiv has played a few vital innings at a very young age against international teams in the past. He has only gotten better--as his record this season shows--so you claiming that he will get sorted out by international sides is nothing more than illogical hypothesis.

Also, I don't know how you figure someone can score 7 centuries in 8 matches without being dominating or having a large range of shots. I can understand if you score one or two centuries--but such consistency definitely means something else is up.

Scion - Kaif has so many flaws in his technique sometimes, it's not funny.

Parthiv will probably eventually replace Jaffer, who is pretty old himself.

Jaffer is only 28, so he probably has a good 7 years of top level cricket left in him. As it is, I'm not sure why you would want to replace him, given the good job he has done since his recall to the Test team, averaging over 40.

Badri hits another century, he's just gonna dominate and dominate.

Fantastic batsmen, he really is. Averages almost 58 in FC cricket, which, even in India, is amazing. Since the 2005/2006 Indian domestic season he has been consistently churning out the runs, and in this time he has scored 2471 runs at an average of almost 80. Phenomenal, it really is. Just a shame that the likes of Gautam Gambhir, Mohammad Kaif and Yuvraj Singh have all played Test cricket ahead of him.

Parthiv has been in delectable touch as well. I think at one point he had scored 7 centuries in his last 8 first class matches. Of course, Arun Lal brought this up so he was probably wrong.

Patel's last 7 FC centuries have taken 13 matches, which is pretty impressive. Ofcourse, one of them was against a Zimbabwe XI and two against a Kenyan XI.

Still don't rate Parthiv as a genuine contender for a Test berth though. It appears his batting has only been exceptional for about a year, so it seems a bit premature for people to try and claim he is capable of holding down a spot in the Test side.

Last edited:
When all the 4 oldies retire from test cricket I dont see any batsmen ready to take over as batsmen in test level. Yuvraj might have been good in ODIs but in ODIs also you know he is vulnerable outside off stump on bowler friendly conditions. Therefore I strongly feel India should consider grooming batsmen for test cricket otherwise we will soon end up being at number 7 once again in test matches.
We do have good fast bowling and WK strength though.

Badri gets another half century.

Do any of you guys know about Abhishek Nayar? Kerala born, but playing for Mumbai, tremendous potential as an all-rounder.

When Kumble played for Karnataka against Mumbai, he took him to pieces. He pretty much attacks irrespective of situation and bowler.

Badri gets another half century.

Do any of you guys know about Abhishek Nayar? Kerala born, but playing for Mumbai, tremendous potential as an all-rounder.

When Kumble played for Karnataka against Mumbai, he took him to pieces. He pretty much attacks irrespective of situation and bowler.

ya that is when kumble famously asked him if he thought of himself to be lance klusener.....he is a really attacking batsman and a handy bowler.

You beat me to it. :(

Yeah, hard to believe he's only 22, the future's going to be amazing for us.

ya this guy has been scoring so heavily and at a good strike rate too,he should be in the national team soon.

ya this guy has been scoring so heavily and at a good strike rate too,he should be in the national team soon.
Yeah. It's a shame he got injured just when he had finally got a national call-up on the tour of Bangladesh. Ah well, he looks to be back to normal run-scoring quickly.

Selectors are considering Parthiv instead of KKD. Maybe they are looking at this thread LOL.

Pathan should definately now play instead of Munaf Patel after naming him for 3rd test.
Another BCCI sixer---Garry will be doing consultation job till 1st March.

Users who are viewing this thread