Indian Domestic Cricket

Looking at the form of Dinesh it looks like Parthiv will be on the plane to Australia.
I think the selectors will drop Dravid for the series, open with Chopra or someone.
Laxman, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvi from there, Dhoni and the bowlers.
Still no room for the Badris or Tiwarys, tho

Drop Dravid?

I would rather drop all Dada, Sachin and laxman than drop Dravid. Last time he was one who won us there and this time also he is one who can win us a match.

Drop Dravid?

I would rather drop all Dada, Sachin and laxman than drop Dravid. Last time he was one who won us there and this time also he is one who can win us a match.

Are you crazy? Obviously things have changed since the "last time" and if you don't think they have, you need a reality check. You'd pick Dravid over Sourav, Sachin, AND Laxman COMBINED?! Wow, that's one of the most outrageous comments I've heard on this board, and I've heard pretty bad stuff here. Sourav has been India's most prolific run scorer since he made his comeback, and Sachin loves to make 90's. Laxman is also doing better than Dravid at the moment. Don't get me wrong, dropping Dravid is definitely out of the question, but picking him over the combined efforts of Sourav, Sachin, and Laxman is just stupid. And to be honest, Dravid is the weakest senior player on the team right now. However, he shouldn't be dropped, b/c he's still an extremely good player.

Are you crazy? Obviously things have changed since the "last time" and if you don't think they have, you need a reality check. You'd pick Dravid over Sourav, Sachin, AND Laxman COMBINED?! Wow, that's one of the most outrageous comments I've heard on this board, and I've heard pretty bad stuff here. Sourav has been India's most prolific run scorer since he made his comeback, and Sachin loves to make 90's. Laxman is also doing better than Dravid at the moment. Don't get me wrong, dropping Dravid is definitely out of the question, but picking him over the combined efforts of Sourav, Sachin, and Laxman is just stupid. And to be honest, Dravid is the weakest senior player on the team right now. However, he shouldn't be dropped, b/c he's still an extremely good player.

We will see after Test series get over.

Manpreet Gony- next india fast bolwer,i thi nk thi guy has some talent,
he is over 6"5 and well built of what i saw i n the ranji trophy matches he as bowling between 130-138 kmph,but i think looki ng at his built he can cra nk it up to 145 kmph regularly

Another century by badrinath,this time against rajasthan.This guy is in the form of his life,he should be ibrought into the national team soon,he deserves it.

Punjab moved closer to victory as pacer VRV Singh wrecked Orissa with a five-wicket haul including a hat-trick on the third day of the Ranji Trophy Super League Group 'B' match on Wednesday.

Orissa are complaining about the LBW dismissals--which totaled five, I believe--in that match. Apparently every ball of domestic cricket is now being recorded so that umpiring standards can be evaluated. Mumbai also complained of umpiring standards in their draw against Rajasthan last week.

I can't believe Kerala actually made the Semi-finals, even if it is the Plate League.

Orissa are complaining about the LBW dismissals--which totaled five, I believe--in that match. Apparently every ball of domestic cricket is now being recorded so that umpiring standards can be evaluated. Mumbai also complained of umpiring standards in their draw against Rajasthan last week.

Orissa have demanded the video from the BCCI to check it out. I think the idea of videoing games for the purpose of evaluating umpiring standards is a good move and one to be commended. Although it is sad that they have to resort to this, it is good to see the BCCI tackling a potential problem head on.

Please stick to the topic everyone, discuss the tour of Australia in the appropriate thread.

Please stick to the topic everyone, discuss the tour of Australia in the appropriate thread.

You obviously are working hard. I suggest a little nap. :cool:

Thank you for asking us to get back on topic after everyone was back on topic. :p

I'm watching Mumbai-Saurashtra on Neo Sports. It's a must-win type of situation for Mumbai and it's not looking good. Saurashtra are Super League Group A leaders at the moment and Mumbai are 3rd. Agarkar is injured and so was one of Mumbai's spinners so they called in old stalwart Nilesh Kulkarni for his first game of the Ranji season!

With red-hot Chetaswara Pujara still to come, it isn't looking too good for Mumbai at the moment.

Last edited:
Thank you for asking us to get back on topic after everyone was back on topic. :p

I'm watching Mumbai-Saurashtra on Neo Sports. It's a must-win type of situation for Mumbai and it's not looking good. Saurashtra are Super League Group A leaders at the moment and Mumbai are 3rd. Agarkar is injured and so was one of Mumbai's spinners so they called in old stalwart Nilesh Kulkarni for his first game of the Ranji season!

With red-hot Chetaswara Pujara still to come, it isn't looking too good for Mumbai at the moment.

Saurashtra is batting so slow. Maybe they want to bat once on this wicket which looks will turn square from first ball.

UP and hyd match should be interesting,have to see how the new pacew hope sudeep tyagi performs,according to his coach he bowls at speeds touching 150kmph.

Users who are viewing this thread