Indian Domestic Cricket

I wouldn't say they're too much in trouble, tbh. Chopra seems to be into his usual marathon innings, and he has just built a good partnership with Bhatia.

UP need two quick wickets, and they're in.

Delhi folded up for 290. I say get Bhatia and Praveen Kumar in for ODIs cos both are in form and give all rounder which India is lacking.
I have never seen Praveen Kumar bowling so well ever before. Never rated this guy but seeing the way he moved ball both ways he would have removed any batsmen in world cricket yesterday.

He was swinging the ball massively, both ways and the Delhi batsmen did not have a clue.

UP in trouble now. Effectively 206/6 with 2 days left in the game. They need some major tail-wagging or some more Praveen magic in the second innings.

No worries, they have the twig like Amir Khan at the crease, who seem incapable of moving his bat faster than he can walk.

UP in trouble now. Effectively 206/6 with 2 days left in the game. They need some major tail-wagging or some more Praveen magic in the second innings.

Chasing anything above 200 in Wankhede is always tough ask for any side. If Praveen bowls anything like he bowled in first innings then it will be even more difficult.

Just through chance, I started supporting UP in this and it is sad to see Delhi steal it from the clearly superior team. I guess it just shows the value of having two very good opening batsmen. I reckon that those two may even win it for North Zone in the Duleep Trophy.

I don't think anyone can detract from Praveen Kumar though, 8 for 68 is a superior effort. It was truly a great display of swing bowling. 36 wickets at 16.00 should really put you in the group of about half a dozen belows who sit just below the Test squad.

The two in their debut seasons (Sangwan and Tyagi) both performed well too. However, it seemed that Sangwan's five wicket haul was the difference. It will be interesting to see if the NCA can nurture the amazing input of medium fast bowlers into the domestic scene.

Well everytime you right off Gambhir he keeps hitting back. After poor ODI series and Test match against Pakistan the guy goes out and scores two match winning 100's in semi final and final of ranji trophy and that too in fourth innings while chasing. We all know how difficult it is to bat in fourth innings in India and he is just scoring runs at will.

Delhi as I said will win due to all round talent the side has. UP did not had enough bowling depth to trouble Delhi in fourth innings once the openors had seen the shine off new ball.

Congrats to Delhi on winning Ranji trophy after a gap of 16 years.

Just through chance, I started supporting UP in this and it is sad to see Delhi steal it from the clearly superior team. I guess it just shows the value of having two very good opening batsmen. I reckon that those two may even win it for North Zone in the Duleep Trophy.

No chance, South Zone all the way!

WE have fantastic openers too!

Mukund will probably get in, and Vijay. I'm looking forward to the Irani Trophy now, watching Kohli in a full unlimited over match against ROI should be very good (unless he's at U19 WC).

Just hoping that Abhishek Nayar gets into the ROI team.

Edit- sorry not ROI, West Zone.

Last edited:
Out of interest is there any talent or team even in the state of Himachal? Thats where mum's from and lol maybe if find any talent over the next 2 years i might try out for the team... right now i support dad's home Bengal.

Last edited:
Out of interest is there any talent or team even in the state of Himachal? Thats where mum's from and lol maybe if find any talent over the next 2 years i might try out for the team... right now i support dad's home Bengal.

Yeah they have one. I am from Himachal so thaught maybe I give it go but my parents dont allowed it. Anyways I went on to represent my school and College in Badminton and won zonal level also.

They had one good batsmen. I dont know which one. Also Dharamshala is very tough on visiting teams. The game between Delhi and HP was a very low scoring affair.

No chance, South Zone all the way!

WE have fantastic openers too!

Mukund will probably get in, and Vijay. I'm looking forward to the Irani Trophy now, watching Kohli in a full unlimited over match against ROI should be very good (unless he's at U19 WC).

Just hoping that Abhishek Nayar gets into the ROI team.

Edit- sorry not ROI, West Zone.

south zone will also have one arjun yadav and everyone know why he gets into the team.

Users who are viewing this thread