Indian Domestic Cricket

HAHAHA

Have you been absent from Rohit's bumming of him? Besides, take a look at Ajinkya Rahane, an even bigger talent.

Vijay and Mukund are an absolute fire right now, Bengal are dead.

Last edited:
My man Pujara does it again. Who thought we would have at 3-13 chasing 330?

OMG, I cannot believe it, I just cannot believe it. What the hell? WHAT THE HELL!?
Damn you Cheteshwar, just damn you.

Looks like I will have to support TN now.

I predicted all of these games correctly. :)

Mumbai decimated HP courtesy of Jaffer, Nayar, Sharma and Agarkar.
Saurashtra thumped Karnataka courtesy of Pujara and Jadeja.
TN recovered to beat Bengal courtesy of a Balaji/Badri special.
UP batted them Gujjus out of the game and won on first innings.

By the way, did anyone have the misfortune to watch the last 10-15 minutes of the Bengal/TN game? Absolute farce as Badri/Karthik tried to get the former to his century. If that was not enough, the bowlers displayed unsportsmanlike conduct by firing wides down the leg-sides for 5 runs, just to ensure Badri did not achieve it!

THANK YOU, SOHUM!

It was rather disgusting to be honest. I mean I see wrong in what Manoj did, but I see equal wrong in what the TN guys did. It was as if Bengal were so much lower than them, that playing for the team victory just wasn't enough, personal achievement mattered as much. I bet if it was any other team (say Mumbai), they wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing.

Downright disgusting, and I have no idea why Rohit says he's fine with it. Both parties were equally as wrong, I believe.

Having said all that, Badri was absolutely maginificient after the break, just hammered it to all parts.

Last edited:
I bet if it was any other team (say Mumbai), they wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing.
Actually, I think most teams would do it... in India, players are much more interested in personal achievements than team achievements. It's probably a reflection of the system, though. Selectors are probably going to be looking at how many runs or centuries a player has scored, compared to under what situations he's scored them.

Ah well... there're too many people playing cricket here, I guess!

But even still, Ranji Trophy knock outs, tense situation. Mumbai have such a good attack, they would never dream of doing it, they could easily just collapse and get knocked out as a result. Surely, they are not THAT concerned about personal achievement.

Besides, if KKD just went and hit the runs instead of just premeditating a block every delivery, Badri would have been not out and his average would have been taking a huge bonus anyhow. It happened like that in the end, too.

We just need to forget the whole thing.

Yup. I expect a cracker in the Mumbai-Saurashtra match. Mumbai would be looking for revenge after Saurashtra kept them out of the semis last year courtesy of Kotak's snail-paced knock. Check out this Mumbai line-up:

1. Wasim Jaffer*
2. Vinayak Samant+
3. Ajinkya Rahane
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Amol Muzumdar
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Abhishek Nayar
8. Ajit Agarkar
9. Ramesh Powar
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Dhawal Kulkarni

Man, I'd be scared to take on that team. Left Kukreja out because I needed a wicket keeper! That batting line-up is freaking tight to get into, though. Another notable exclusion is Sairaj Bahutule.

I hope Abhishek unleashes hell upon the Saurashtra boys. The ball would be flying to all parts. I also hope Neo show some brain power and choose to televise this semi, Rahane and Pujara are two of the biggest talents around, but I suspect Zaheer and Sachin playing will seal the deal.

Hoping for TN vs Mumbai in the final, the old rivals battling it out will be great. Backing TN, now that K'taka are out.

Are you guys able to watch these games or do you just follow the cricinfo scores?

We have obtained *cough* methods to watch it.

I seem to have obtained said scopes and the tape.

On another note, this Pujara fellow seems to be dominating the domestic circuit. And he's only 20!! Why isn't he getting the international call ahead of the likes of Rohit Sharma and Virat kohli?

Users who are viewing this thread