Indian Domestic Cricket

Rohit Sharma shouldn't be in the team. I know i'll get flamed with 'oooh, he's such a talent!!' and all that, but there are better candidates out there.

The question about Rohit Sharma has an obvious answer. He plays for Mumbai.

But then, by that logic Rahane would have been in the squad by now.

On another note, this Pujara fellow seems to be dominating the domestic circuit. And he's only 20!! Why isn't he getting the international call ahead of the likes of Rohit Sharma and Virat kohli?
Because he plays for Saurashtra.

Selection in India, as I'm sure you know by now, is done on a regional basis. Apart from the permanent players (the Tendulkars, etc.) it's extremely zonal and biased. As it happens, Saurashtra is unfortunate enough to be in the same zone as Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Baroda. If you look at the squad that played England, these guys are already represented by Tendulkar, Zaheer, Munaf and I'm sure a few others. If a Saurashtra lad comes up against a Mumbai lad, the Mumbaikar is going to get the nod because of the politics. It's a shame really, and is probably something that has kept the likes of Badrinath out of national contention.

Dang I'm excited to see this Pujara guy play now!

Yeah, he is class. I think Rahane's even better to watch though. In fact, screw those two, I'm pumped for Nayar! Everyone else will be blocking and picking off the bad balls while he tonks almost everything!

Never seen Rahane bat but Mob said that he was even better then Murali Vijay was against Bengal. That is hard to believe because Vijay was in some kind of trance, I thought it was Laxman batting for the bulk of the innings.

So i'm looking forward to Rahane :)

My mom is going to the Mumbai vs Saurashra game....damn her!

Rehane has been more phenomenal than Pujara. So you know what these two guys will bring in future.

I reckon we'll have more success with Rahane, Pujara, Badrinath, etc in our team then the Fab 4. Although the current middle order have been legendary, I feel that these guys will work better as a unit while still maintain their ability to get massive scores.

Now, now, these guys are little gems at domestic level, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Yeah, I'm calling that, as well as wanting that, too. Old enemies, two powerhouses, would be awesome. Although, I can easily also see either S'tra and UP being dark horses.

Well, I called the Mumbai XI perfectly. Let's see if I called the line-up perfectly, though.

Mumbai off to a great start, with 268/1 at stumps on Day 1. Jaffer is threatening for a double-ton with 162* to his name already and Rahane has already crossed his 50. If we can record 500+, we will have this game in the bag.

TN also making UP run around with 296/2 at stumps. Mukund with yet another ton, Vijay with a good 50, and the batsmen out there now (Badri and Karthik) have already recorded their fifties so they are set up for a mammoth score tomorrow as well.

Must be a flat track :p Especially if Jaffer's scoring runs.

Users who are viewing this thread