Indian Domestic Cricket

Jaffer has been scoring this whole season. He's a domestic run machine.

TN will look to just bat UP out of the game. Get a big first innings score of like 550-600, and just play it out.

Seems Badri played an absolute scorcher.

It was Mumbai's day all the way with skipper Jaffer remaining unbeaten with 162 along with Rahane, who completed 100 runs this season on 52. There was nothing in the pitch for the bowlers, as they toiled hard all the day. Mumbai on the other hand were slow in scoring.

Predictions - TN vs UP
  • Karthik will get a hundred.
  • Badrinath will get a hundred.
  • Both will fall cheaply after registering three figures
  • Rest of the batting order will take TN to around 480, where KKD will declare.

Lol @ Saurashtra's bowling. They were always going to come up short against such a strong batting line up. Did Sachin get injured or did he retire hurt to give the others a chance?

"Tendulkar has decided to retire for the innings here. Apparently' he's running a temperature. Excellent knock."

Yeah, a bit of both really, he would have carried on had it been a Test, I guess.

That's a great knock by the Captain excellent!! :hpraise

Sachin what a inning !! he averages 87 :eek: in Chennai

Mumbai my home side has a chance to win hope they declare very soon tomorrow!

Mumbai has all but secured their berth here. All they need to do is bowl out Saurasthra once and they will have secured the final berth.

I'm certainly very shocked to see Abhishek's strike rate at 37.

An element of 'Toss is Boss' in these matches maybe? :rolleyes: Seriously, Mumbai have just strolled their way into the Finals by batting first. If we batted first then we would have made 500 on the first day courtesy of Pujara :p

Predictions - TN vs UP
  • Karthik will get a hundred.
  • Badrinath will get a hundred.
  • Both will fall cheaply after registering three figures
  • Rest of the batting order will take TN to around 480, where KKD will declare.

All wrong
:p

He must be used to it by now.

And Leggie, Mumbai batting their way to the finals is nothing compared to how much TN have used this method, they were carried there by their batting power, and a spell by Balaji.

I got close to the last one ;)

BTW, I hate my mother :mad: She was at the ground for both days to see Jaffers 300 and Sachin's century!

Mumbai declared at their overnight score of 637. Saurastra started on a positive note scoring at will, with Pathak and Chauhan blazing away. Zaheer provided the first breakthrough by removing Pathak and Agarkar accounted for Chauhan. Pujara was looking good, but fell one over before lunch to Powar.

Wow, that Pathak guy looked superb. But, anyway, bye bye Saurashtra.

Users who are viewing this thread